Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:48:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  We finally have a Triple Crown winner in this lifetime
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: We finally have a Triple Crown winner in this lifetime  (Read 10984 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 12:46:54 pm »

I lumped those together on purpose ..

Peta of all people produced a video on the abuses in horse racing .. and while i hate peta .. like really hate them ..

video don't lie:

https://youtu.be/9TJVA2lwW4A
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 04:15:04 pm »

Thank God PETA would never exaggerate or leave out facts n order to make their point!! LOL

My guess is you probably dislike PETA for the very same reasons you are agreeing with them against horse racing. .

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 06:16:39 pm »

I love animals as much as I love people, but I have the same amount of respect for PETA as I do for the Westboro Baptist Church.

...None whatsoever

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 10:07:32 am »

hidden camera video don't lie .. i don't care who it's being shot for or on behalf of. Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 10:10:55 am »

I think we all have about the same level of love for PETA. That doesn't change the fact that horse racing has a terribly shady side to it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 12:01:19 pm »

hidden camera video don't lie .. i don't care who it's being shot for or on behalf of. Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I think most things involving mankind have a good side and a shady side to them, a tribute to the dichotomy which is mankind. Would I like to get rid of, or at least reduce, the shady side of things, including horse racing? Absolutely! Does that mean I want to eradicate everything that has a shady side? Nope...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 03:26:25 pm »

I think most things involving mankind money have a good side and a shady side to them,

Modified your statement to make it more accurate.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 05:35:28 pm »

Modified your statement to make it more accurate.

Until animals start using currency, all things involving money involve mankind.

All people, from Gandhi to Manson, have both good and evil in them. The better the person, the more completely they are able to suppress the evil and act on the good.

From the Book of Sun, chapter 1, verse 12.  Grin

Amen

~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 06:57:57 pm »

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

Now we've had two Triple Crown winners in the last four years.  Justify just smoked everyone at the Belmont.   When Affirmed won it in 1978, I hadn't been born yet.   I never thought I'd see it until American Pharaoh won it in 2015.  Now I've seen it twice
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:32:10 am by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 11:37:15 pm »

I got to see this winner at the Preakness this year.  Beautiful horse, great race.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 07:59:28 am »

I found out that Justify's owner paid $500,000 for him.  His stud rights were just sold to a horse breeding company for $75 million.  Now that's a helluva return on investment.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2018, 09:06:44 am »

Comparing dog fighting to horse racing like comparing boxing to track. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 02:00:41 pm »

I found out that Justify's owner paid $500,000 for him.  His stud rights were just sold to a horse breeding company for $75 million.  Now that's a helluva return on investment.

I recently read/heard that American Pharaoh has earned about $40 million in stud fees here in the US, then was shipped overseas where it is expected he will earn a similar amount.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 01:24:20 pm »

I recently read/heard that American Pharaoh has earned about $40 million in stud fees here in the US, then was shipped overseas where it is expected he will earn a similar amount.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's getting that Egyptian horse pussy. 

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 08:44:48 am »

I was just happy that one of these amazing animals, let alone two win the triple crown and I was around to see it

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray