Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:54:45 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  I'm just gonna put this here to keep till the end of the year.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm just gonna put this here to keep till the end of the year.  (Read 1161 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: October 06, 2015, 08:22:26 pm »

Personally I think Mangini wouldn't be a bad hire. I don't think the Dolphins have any chance of getting McDaniels away from the Patriots.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/17387/josh-mcdaniels-eric-mangini-top-early-list-of-dolphins-coaching-candidates-in-2016

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 09:11:28 pm »

Marrone was HATED in Buffalo by the players. By almost all the players. The stories are endless from up there.  Not sure you want to replace a guy (Philbin) who was hated by most on this team with a guy who has a rep of being hated by his team.

If you know Ross and Tannenbaum you know they will go big. They will go GLITZ and GLAMOUR. Big name, not the little known assistant who has been working his life to get a shot. They just went that route with Philbin, they won't go back down that road.  Keep an eye on Urban Meyer, Gus Malzhan, and Mike Sumlin. Three biggest name college coaches who may be ready to make the jump to the NFL.  Fins can talk to them NOW and not wait till the end of the NFL season. They can reach tentative deals with them now and keep it under wraps as well.  Also Jim Mora Jr is a sleeper college name to watch.

I think McDaniels, Schwartz, Mangini....all of those guys will get a look and I'm not against any of them although Mangini would be down on my list. But Tannenabum and Ross will want the BIG NAME hire and those names are in college not the NFL.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 11:38:32 pm »

Since when was Marrone hated?  When he opted-out of his contract, Fred Jackson said it was like "being punched in the stomach;" Aaron Williams said that he "lost all respect" for Marrone.  Those reactions don't make sense if the locker room hated him and wanted him gone.

Marrone's primary source of conflict in Buffalo was with the front office, and particularly Doug Whaley, the GM.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:43:11 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 05:30:42 am »

Since when was Marrone hated?  When he opted-out of his contract, Fred Jackson said it was like "being punched in the stomach;" Aaron Williams said that he "lost all respect" for Marrone.  Those reactions don't make sense if the locker room hated him and wanted him gone.

Marrone's primary source of conflict in Buffalo was with the front office, and particularly Doug Whaley, the GM.

Marrone was hated by everyone in Buffalo. From players, to the front office, to the press
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/08/former_bills_coach_doug_marrone_anal_seemed_miserable_marcell_dareus_nfl_network.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-jets-candidate-marrone-not-well-liked-bills-article-1.2064861

Marcell Dareus--"I asked him about the switch from Doug Marrone to Rex Ryan," Silver said Wednesday on NFL Network. "Doug Marrone decided to opt out of his contract. They got the news on New Year's Eve and Marcel Dareus said, 'We celebrated a little harder.' I said, 'Were you surprised?' He said, 'I'm surprised he didn't do it earlier. He seemed miserable.'

'Things were tense. He was always anal and cared about little stupid things, micro-managed us.' I said, 'Well, give me an example.' (He said), 'What difference does it make if I don't have team-issued socks for practice, and what does putting on a sweater in a cold meeting room have to do with winning?'"

There were countless other reports from other players saying similar things. I'm not gonna google them all as I don't have all day
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 05:32:41 am by MikeO » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:40:42 am »

Nick Saban just said he is not going to be the next coach of the Miami Dolphins. That means he's taking the job!!  Smiley

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray