Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:35:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion?  (Read 6360 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:01:35 am »

I'll start:  I like Nick Saban.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:25:00 am »

^That's not unpopular, it's blasphemy.

I've always liked Jay Fiedler, even if he didn't put up great numbers.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 11:38:45 am »

I'm still holding out hope that Joe Toledo will turn out to be a good O-lineman...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:40:21 am »

I don't have a big problem with Cam Cameron.  They lost a bunch of close games that year, then the following year they won all the close games.  The Football Gods can be fickle that way.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 11:58:08 am »

Ughhh...I feel like this should be in the "anti-fins section",and No matter what I say I'm gonna get shredded for it... Embarrassed

- I'm much more pissed/frustrated by Leonte Caroo,than I've ever been with Dion Jordon.

- I don't see the "greatness" in Mike Pouncey,he's never healthy,and seems like because he's hardly ever 100% we gets a pass for his mistakes,bad plays.

Modified to add this one...
- Jake Long over Matt Ryan pick,I don't regret us not taking Matt Ryan,I don't think Matt Ryan would have lasted more than a couple years in Miami.

I can't think of any others right at this moment.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:11:06 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 01:10:44 pm »

I get tired of hearing about the perfect season.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 02:40:01 pm »

That if you are a head coach/GM that can't build a championship team around Dan Marino you are not a true great.

That is my opinion, it is about a Dolphins coach and it is very unpopular here.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 03:26:05 pm »

Other than Joe Toledo and Dion Jordon ... I can generally agree with all of the other opinions. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »

I get tired of hearing about the perfect season.

I second that. When that topic comes up I cringe. There is no way to talk about it as a Dolphins fan without coming off looking badly
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 07:17:48 pm »

That if you are a head coach/GM that can't build a championship team around Dan Marino you are not a true great.

Well, in fairness to Marino and Shula, they didn't have the advantage of having teams roll over and hand games to them.

Before my new direction, my unpopular opinions were

1) You can't compare a quarterback's supporting cast simply by looking at the players.  You have to look at the games themselves and see how they played out.

2) You also have to consider that the opponent plays a role in the game.  Remember Shula and Marino were going up against those awesome Bills teams of the 1990s.  Peyton Manning would often run into opponents playing out of the world in the playoffs (For example, 2005 against the Steelers, or Mike Scifres punting out of this world in 2008).

Now, with my new direction, my unpopular opinion is that Jay Fiedler is better than Ryan Tannehill.

As for the perfect season, I use it to annoy Patriots fans, when I see that ridiculous GOAT hashtag.

My unpopular opinion is Olindo Mare.  I still can't get the missed kicks against NE out of my mind.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 05:31:55 am »

It's also unfair and laughable. Shula went to 1 SB with Marino. Went to 3 AFC Title Games with Marino. So it's not like he wasn't in big games with him, they just didn't win a Super Bowl.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 09:00:43 am »

It's also unfair and laughable. Shula went to 1 SB with Marino. Went to 3 AFC Title Games with Marino. So it's not like he wasn't in big games with him, they just didn't win a Super Bowl.

Yeah, and the team they had to face in the Super Bowl, the '84 49ers, are considered to be one of the greatest football teams of all time. That was Montana, Craig, Lott, Dwight Clark, et al...It could be argued that they had the top offense and the top defense in the league that season, and had destroyed the two NFC teams they met in the playoffs before getting to Miami (Giants-Bears) by a combined score of 44-10. And, oh yeah, the Super Bowl was played in the 49ers backyard at Stanford. No NFL team would have beaten them in that situation, so there's no way I can use it as a judging criteria against either Marino or Shula in these types of discussions.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 10:47:23 am »

Yeah, and the team they had to face in the Super Bowl, the '84 49ers, are considered to be one of the greatest football teams of all time. That was Montana, Craig, Lott, Dwight Clark, et al...It could be argued that they had the top offense and the top defense in the league that season, and had destroyed the two NFC teams they met in the playoffs before getting to Miami (Giants-Bears) by a combined score of 44-10. And, oh yeah, the Super Bowl was played in the 49ers backyard at Stanford. No NFL team would have beaten them in that situation, so there's no way I can use it as a judging criteria against either Marino or Shula in these types of discussions.

That is one year.  What about the other 14 years they were a combo? The next year they were knocked out of the playoffs by arguably the weakest team to ever make it to the Super Bowl. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 12:04:27 pm »

That is one year.  What about the other 14 years they were a combo? The next year they were knocked out of the playoffs by arguably the weakest team to ever make it to the Super Bowl. 
There is little doubt they underachieved with Shula and Marino unless your goal is being .500 or better. Otherwise they never achieved what most people expected.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 02:14:06 pm »

They were knocked out of the playoffs in the AFC Title Game...lol. I mean it sucked they lost but it isn't like they were knocked out in the wild card round. This knocking of Shula you have is laughable. The guy went to 6 Super Bowls, won 2. Won back to back super bowls. Has a perfect season. The most wins by any head coach ever.

How the hell can anyone knock that. Sure it could have been better but jesus christ to say he is overrated or not a true great is a joke. That resume is one of a Top 5 coach ever, ok maybe not #1 overall but its Top 5 for sure
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray