Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:03:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  New normal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: New normal?  (Read 60470 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2018, 11:09:13 am »

There are differences in elementary schools and adults on a college campus though. You are still trying for the shock factor by leaving those designations out.

That said, children at school need to be protected more but that is done through security measures enacted by the district and not legislation  (and I do support common sense regulations ).
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2018, 11:09:51 am »

I dont think the debating if the number is 3 or 17 is important.   Three is too many.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2018, 11:40:28 am »

I dont think the debating if the number is 3 or 17 is important.   Three is too many.
Sure is.  My point being why sensationalize it to 17 when 3 is already too many.  Because of agendas and special interests.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2018, 12:30:49 pm »

I agree but as I mentioned, the best way to keep children on the school grounds safe starts with individual security efforts in each district. Gun legislation doesn't affect the ease of access in many schools. I was an education major and have been to many a campus as a visitor. You have no idea how easy it is to walk on to way too many of them.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2018, 10:24:46 pm »

Funny that no one was blaming the "bombs" in Austin and yet they figured out how to stop the person responsible.
Even funnier is that you don't see any of the Second Amendment crew jumping on the telly to scream that Americans have a constitutionally protected right to make bombs, or that bombs don't kill people, people kill people, or that if IEDs are outlawed, only outlaws will have IEDs.

But while we're on the subject of Austin: the amount of excuse-making and sympathetic stories from the media on this has been sickening.  If you're a white terrorist in America, we get long-form profiles on how you are a good kid with a troubled life that led you astray.  The contrast to how non-white terrorists are treated is stark.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:37:02 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2018, 08:30:01 am »

Even funnier is that you don't see any of the Second Amendment crew jumping on the telly to scream that Americans have a constitutionally protected right to make bombs, or that bombs don't kill people, people kill people, or that if IEDs are outlawed, only outlaws will have IEDs.

But while we're on the subject of Austin: the amount of excuse-making and sympathetic stories from the media on this has been sickening.  If you're a white terrorist in America, we get long-form profiles on how you are a good kid with a troubled life that led you astray.  The contrast to how non-white terrorists are treated is stark.

Yet to hear him be referred to as a Christian terrorist.  Yet that is what he is.  Compare the coverage of him to the Boston Marathon

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2018, 08:43:45 am »

NRA logic: we should provide every fedex employee with a hand grenade because the only thing that will stop a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb. 

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2018, 01:48:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're more likely to die from a Christian terrorist than a Muslim one.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2018, 10:12:50 am »

Yet to hear him be referred to as a Christian terrorist.  Yet that is what he is.  Compare the coverage of him to the Boston Marathon
How is he a Christian terrorist? He was raised in a Christian home but I haven't seen anything to say he was killing anyone in the name of Jesus. I realize that is hard for a prejudiced person to understand but that's kind of how it works. If it turns out he was it doesn't make him any less culpable or Christians, in general, any more guilty.  The kid is obviously mentally disturbed and a piece of crap ... as far as good people go. The saddest part it seems he realized he was psycho in his video confession.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:14:27 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2018, 10:54:03 am »

How is he a Christian terrorist? He was raised in a Christian home but I haven't seen anything to say he was killing anyone in the name of Jesus. I realize that is hard for a prejudiced person to understand but that's kind of how it works. If it turns out he was it doesn't make him any less culpable or Christians, in general, any more guilty.  The kid is obviously mentally disturbed and a piece of crap ... as far as good people go. The saddest part it seems he realized he was psycho in his video confession.

Buried in the news coverage is occasional mention of his memberships in a Christian survival organization and his homophobic blog.  If he was Muslim it would be in the headline. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2018, 11:25:27 am »

Buried in the news coverage is occasional mention of his memberships in a Christian survival organization and his homophobic blog.  If he was Muslim it would be in the headline. 
hahaha ... the anti-Christian slant is strong in this one. If it was a Muslim it would be buried even deeper. Last month a student who was already outed for sympathy for Isis ... was arrested in school with a bomb before he could detonate it. Definitely an Isis supporter but it was, and still is, very hard to find in the news. In fact other than Fox ... has anyone admitted the Pulse shooter was a Muslim extremist to this date?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2018, 11:27:12 am »

I have as much, or little, respect for a "Christian" extremist as I do a Muslim extremist. I just wish everyone else was like that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:04:46 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2018, 11:27:46 am »

...In fact other than Fox ... has anyone admitted the Pulse shooter was a Muslim extremist to this date?

I knew he was, and I avoid Fox like it's the bubonic plague...so one or more of my other news sources obviously let me know this.

I see Trump do that a lot as well...say something like "None of the mainstream media is covering this"...about 10 minutes after I finish reading about it pretty much everywhere. Always makes me scratch my head a little.

I have as much, or little, respect for a "Christian" extremist as I do a Muslim extremist. I just wish everyone else was like that.

I am the same way, though my qualifications for "extremist" include Christians trying to legislate non-Christians based on their interpretations of an antique book...one that folks outside your religion consider as fiction.

Stop trying to pass laws based on the Bible, or worse, what "God tells you" (Hint: That's your voice you're hearing, not God's), and I'll have no problems with Christians at all.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2018, 02:23:51 pm »

I knew he was, and I avoid Fox like it's the bubonic plague...so one or more of my other news sources obviously let me know this.

I posted it here ... on the same day I purposely looked for it on CNN, NBC and ABC. I guess they eventually felt obligated as it ended up getting noted two days later in a sub-story but never actually made headlines nor called him an Islamic extremest or Isis sympathizer.

The MSM slants left and it is getting worse all the time. Like yourself ... they cannot help themselves. They have to bash Christians no matter how far they have to reach and defend Muslims even though they are against everything they supposedly respect (killing gays, women's rights etc.) only because they aren't Christians. It is insane.

It's kind of like if they started attacking the NRA instead of holding the liberal Sheriff and the FBI accountable for not doing their jobs in the latest successful mass shooting. Oh wait ... that is exactly what is going on. Same goes for not recognizing the SRO who actually did his job in Maryland since it doesn't support the narrative.  They pretend that didn't happen.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:25:25 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2018, 03:06:33 pm »

The MSM slants left and it is getting worse all the time. Like yourself ... they cannot help themselves. They have to bash Christians no matter how far they have to reach and defend Muslims even though they are against everything they supposedly respect (killing gays, women's rights etc.) only because they aren't Christians. It is insane.

I literally know nobody who thinks this way. Are you sure this isn't just something laid out as a talking point on Fox?

It's kind of like if they started attacking the NRA instead of holding the liberal Sheriff and the FBI accountable for not doing their jobs in the latest successful mass shooting. Oh wait ... that is exactly what is going on. Same goes for not recognizing the SRO who actually did his job in Maryland since it doesn't support the narrative.  They pretend that didn't happen.

Would attacking the inept sheriff keep assault weapons off the street? If not, then the sheriff gets the local punishment, and the NRA gets the national campaign.

Doesn't that seem like an equitable distribution of penalties for that situation?  Or are you a "You can have my assault weapons when you pry them out of my cold dead hands" type?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray