Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - Patriots  (Read 4344 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 02:59:07 pm »

^ Bravo, Brian.  That block was sick-nasty, Patrick Cobbs-level special-teamery, despite technically being an offensive play.

I think I gotta give mine to Tannehill, though.  That dude is good.  He's hurt a lot, but there's such a drop-off when he doesn't play, that when you does, you can really tell the difference.

Also, an HM to whoever was calling the plays -- it wasn't Gase, right?  Big points. 

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 09:03:55 pm »

That's why I prefaced my comments with the note that I hadn't seen the game. It does make a big difference watching the game rather than just looking at the stats. Thanks for pointing that out.
Ok, I've seen the game now and I'm sorry I have to go with my initial award and give it to Stills. Yes he had a bone head slide a yard short of the 1st down that hurt, but that other ball was a high hard pass and I can't fault him for not catching that one. The rest of the game he was unbelievable and pretty much single handledly kept us in the game. Not only that but he was the trigger man on the play that won the game for them and if he laterals that ball like the play is designed it's probably on the ground but instead he spins around and waits for Parker to uncover and gives him a perfect lateral. No one was more important in that win yesterday than Stills.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:07:58 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 09:27:27 pm »

Ok, I've seen the game now and I'm sorry I have to go with my initial award and give it to Stills. Yes he had a bone head slide a yard short of the 1st down that hurt, but that other ball was a high hard pass and I can't fault him for not catching that one. The rest of the game he was unbelievable and pretty much single handledly kept us in the game. Not only that but he was the trigger man on the play that won the game for them and if he laterals that ball like the play is designed it's probably on the ground but instead he spins around and waits for Parker to uncover and gives him a perfect lateral. No one was more important in that win yesterday than Stills.

He gets it
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2018, 08:31:30 am »

I'd like to point out to all you people hating on Still to please go back and watch that last play:

The catch, the coverage on the catch, the effort it took to not get tackled immediately and to be able to make the initial lateral to Butler.

But, yes...let's run a guy down because he dropped a pass.  We've never seen a WR do that.  Or fumble.  Looking at you, Frank Gore. 

I mean, damn.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2018, 08:41:30 am »

I'd like to point out to all you people hating on Still to please go back and watch that last play:

The catch, the coverage on the catch, the effort it took to not get tackled immediately and to be able to make the initial lateral to Butler.

But, yes...let's run a guy down because he dropped a pass.  We've never seen a WR do that.  Or fumble.  Looking at you, Frank Gore. 

I mean, damn.

He gets it too.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 08:58:57 am »

I mean, damn.
If we lost then you have to take out the last play and are left with him having two really bad plays at the end of a game where we lost by 5. I don't think anyone is saying he is horrible but he did look like he was coming apart when we needed him most. Fortunately, like Edleman did for the Patriots, he got to redeem himself.

The win helped to cover a lot of really bad plays by different people. If we had lost ... that's what we would have been talking about this week.   

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 01:34:57 pm »

congrats on the win.  due to a family emergency i didn’t get to see most of it.  but from what i have heard it was a great game. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 03:51:39 pm »

If we lost then you have to take out the last play and are left with him having two really bad plays at the end of a game where we lost by 5. I don't think anyone is saying he is horrible but he did look like he was coming apart when we needed him most. Fortunately, like Edleman did for the Patriots, he got to redeem himself.

The win helped to cover a lot of really bad plays by different people. If we had lost ... that's what we would have been talking about this week.   
I disagree that it was 2 really bad plays. It was one really bad play. The ball that went through his hands was a tough catch. It was above his head and it was moving pretty fast and there was tight coverage. Not a bad play just not a good one. And 1 really bad mental mistake does not take away a stellar performance for the rest of the game. My game ball goes to him. Honorable mention to Tannehill for fighting through the pain and playing in the 2nd half and performing well enough throughout.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 03:53:19 pm »

congrats on the win.  due to a family emergency i didn’t get to see most of it.  but from what i have heard it was a great game. 
The condensed version is on youtube and it's being replayed by NFL.COM tommorow at 2:00 PM eastern I believe. I watched it on youtube and it was a great game. 9 lead changes in the game which is the 2nd most in NFL history I believe.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 01:51:55 pm »

Your all wrong.  The game ball goes to whoever made the decision to wear the throwback uni's for a second week in a row.  When will management admit their error and go back to the old uniforms & logo?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2018, 03:07:36 pm »

Your all wrong.  The game ball goes to whoever made the decision to wear the throwback uni's for a second week in a row.  When will management admit their error and go back to the old uniforms & logo?
This past week that was a really hot topic on the radio. I even heard two people, one ebing Patriots radio broadcaster Scott Zolak, and the other being someone from ESPN ... saying that the fans need to do whatever possible to make the team go back to the old colors, uni and logo. Scott Zolak said this unprompted so you know he really feels that way.

There was a lot of hate for the cartoon whale/dolphin we now use as well as the colors. Our uniforms are a perfect example of our team outsmarting themsleves.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray