Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:31:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - Patriots  (Read 4568 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 09, 2018, 04:18:38 pm »

Everybody involved in that last play gets one 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 04:24:34 pm »

Gore
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 04:38:38 pm »

Bill Belichick gets one, too.     

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 04:44:05 pm »

Frank and Lady Luck again
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 05:59:49 pm »

Gore

That was my pick as well, even before the final game winning run by Drake.

I think the offense as a whole stepped and played some good ball. 

Also, unsung hero, Ted Larsen who hustled down field during that last play and made a key block for Drake as he made his cut back to the sideline.

Also, Fock Gronk, seriously, Fock Gronk

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 08:36:47 pm »

Finally some offense!!  Good running game by all the RBs but the O-line needs big improvements. They added 2 lineman in the offseason and both got injured. Tannehill hd no time to even look at his receiver several times in this game. Guys were running free through the middle like crazy. Good thing RT didnt get hurt despite all the hits he took. So once again we need to upgrade our offensive line and defensive line. Defense had been playing good this season "overall". They kept Miami in alot of games but the offense couldn't respond, too many 3 and outs. So I was happy to see more down the field passing instead of all those short passes within 5 yards. I hope they clean that WR room too. They are paying too much money to some receivers, like Parker. He s very good when healthy but he's been with Miami 5 years, I think u gotta let him go. They should have traded him. They r allset with RBs, WRs, TEs as far as being on the roster. But need 0-line and def draft a good QB that can take over if RT struggles, plus RT is obviously not the type of a QB to carry his team. He's good when everything else around him is good. Also, see if u can get Bridgewater or Kap.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 09:35:22 pm »

Stills. I didn't see the game but just looking at the stats his number are pretty impressive.
8 for 135 and TD on 9 targets for 16.9 yard average.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 09:38:29 pm »

Tannehill. Out slung the “goat” gun slinger. With a busted wheel too.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 10:01:07 pm »

Stills. I didn't see the game but just looking at the stats his number are pretty impressive.

If the Fins wouldn't have pulled this out, people would have looked back at a 2nd down pass that Stills caught and then slid down 1 yd short of the marker early in the 4th IIRC

They didn't convert the 3rd down and punted.  Not sure why he slid, yes he was looking to avoid contact, but at least dive for the marker.  Was very bizarre when I saw it live.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 10:41:31 am »

Stills had a BAD, BAD drop on a critical third down. Ball went right through his hands and hit his helmet.

Stills also had a play where he just gave himself up after getting 15 of 16 yards needed. And there was green grass in front of him. Gotta believe he thought he had enough, but a huge mistake that ended in the Dolphins punting.

So, no, no game ball for Stills.

Tannehill played a BEAUTIFUL game. He gets my game ball.

Gore was awesome, although he did have one fumble, and gets honorable mention along with Drake.

Gotta give some love for Bolden as well. Two touches, two touchdowns. Hard to do any better than that.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 10:45:56 am »

Without Tannehill that game isn't even close. The guy had a 155.2 QB rating with a 158.3 being a perfect score. There were a lot of great performances but the one short series with Osweiller proved how much Tanny was needed.

Jeff Darlington from ESPN was on the sideline yesterday and he was told by a few asst coaches there was no way he would go back into the game for the second half with his injury. We see how true that was.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 10:47:58 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 11:31:14 am »

Stills had a BAD, BAD drop on a critical third down. Ball went right through his hands and hit his helmet.

Stills also had a play where he just gave himself up after getting 15 of 16 yards needed. And there was green grass in front of him. Gotta believe he thought he had enough, but a huge mistake that ended in the Dolphins punting.

So, no, no game ball for Stills.
That's why I prefaced my comments with the note that I hadn't seen the game. It does make a big difference watching the game rather than just looking at the stats. Thanks for pointing that out.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 12:12:49 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 11:45:59 am »

Maybe Stills doesn't deserve gameball because of him pulling up short of that one first down and missing a key 3rd down catch, but to give him SOTG like some of you on here are doing is ludicrous... 8 catches 135 yards and a touchdown...they lose without that production.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 12:23:27 pm »

I want to give my game ball to a little known and overlooked player that probably won the game for the Dolphins...

#62 Ted Larsen

On the last play, Larsen hustled downfield to put a block on Patrick Chung that was the key to springing Drake.  Of course everyone watched, Drake, Tannehill, Gore, and Stills had great games, but no one is giving this guy props.  For all the crap we give the o-line, this hustle play won them the game and deserves a nod, so here's to you Ted Larsen.  Nice block!

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 02:50:53 pm »

I want to give my game ball to a little known and overlooked player that probably won the game for the Dolphins...

#62 Ted Larsen

On the last play, Larsen hustled downfield to put a block on Patrick Chung that was the key to springing Drake.  Of course everyone watched, Drake, Tannehill, Gore, and Stills had great games, but no one is giving this guy props.  For all the crap we give the o-line, this hustle play won them the game and deserves a nod, so here's to you Ted Larsen.  Nice block!

I've actually heard him getting a lot of love today starting with the Joe Rose show this morning. It was a great block.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray