Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:27:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Why the Dolphins will never permanently switch to the throwback uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Why the Dolphins will never permanently switch to the throwback uniforms  (Read 8529 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 05:18:13 pm »

I won’t buy anything with this new logo on it. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I like the color scheme though.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 07:21:55 pm »

When I finally had the opportunity to go a Dolphins home game back in 2016, I was shocked to see that the overwhelming majority of fans were wearing new logo gear.  (This was a throwback game, BTW.)  After all the squawking about how terrible the new logo and new uniforms are, the reality of what fans were wearing simply did not match up.

So I humbly suggest that the opinions of some loud fans on the internet or talk radio do not necessarily represent most of the Dolphin fanbase.
You are kidding yourself.  That's because you can pick the new up at any Walmart, Target or Publix. The new logo is everywhere and inexpensive. Buy the throwback uniforms and you're paying more money and it's in very limited places.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2018, 09:59:58 pm »

That's because you can pick the new up at any Walmart, Target or Publix. The new logo is everywhere and inexpensive.
Do you have a bunch of new logo gear as it's "everywhere and inexpensive"?
Because your previous statements have led me to believe that you won't buy new logo gear because you don't like it, which would not seem to be the case with everyone else who IS buying new logo gear.

I say that the people who bought new logo gear did so because they like it (or, don't dislike it).  And as evidence, I cite all the new logo haters who loudly insist that they will never buy any gear with that terrible logo on it.  No one is forcing anyone to buy gear they don't like.

P.S. No matter how common and cheap the new gear is, it's cheaper to wear the older gear you already own.  Or are you saying that most of the people at the stadium didn't become fans until after 2013?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:03:58 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 10:33:58 am »

No offense to

I have learned that if a sentence starts “no offense” what follows willl likely be offensive.  If the sentence begins “I am not a racist but” what follows will be racist.  If it begins “to be completely honest “ what follows is a lie.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 10:35:29 am »

I have learned that if a sentence starts “no offense” what follows willl likely be offensive.  If the sentence begins “I am not a racist but” what follows will be racist.  If it begins “to be completely honest “ what follows is a lie.

start a sentence with all three and the universe explodes
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 10:35:35 am »

Do you have a bunch of new logo gear as it's "everywhere and inexpensive"?
Because your previous statements have led me to believe that you won't buy new logo gear because you don't like it, which would not seem to be the case with everyone else who IS buying new logo gear.

I say that the people who bought new logo gear did so because they like it (or, don't dislike it).  And as evidence, I cite all the new logo haters who loudly insist that they will never buy any gear with that terrible logo on it.  No one is forcing anyone to buy gear they don't like.

P.S. No matter how common and cheap the new gear is, it's cheaper to wear the older gear you already own.  Or are you saying that most of the people at the stadium didn't become fans until after 2013?
Most people are casual fans and come and go like the wind. They also wear newer because they do not own old stuff. My immediate family has not "typically" purchased anything with the new logo although I do have one hat that has it. The hat is gray and does not have those putrid colors but does have the rounded Dolphin.  Oddly enough I read a review (by a non Dolphin fan) of proposed logo changes and it said about the Dolphins ... .... by rounding the dolphin they took an already friendly animal and made it look even less intimidating. ...

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2018, 10:46:31 am »

Most people are casual fans and come and go like the wind. They also wear newer because they do not own old stuff. My immediate family has not "typically" purchased anything with the new logo although I do have one hat that has it. The hat is gray and does not have those putrid colors but does have the rounded Dolphin.  Oddly enough I read a review (by a non Dolphin fan) of proposed logo changes and it said about the Dolphins ... .... by rounding the dolphin they took an already friendly animal and made it look even less intimidating. ...

another factor is how much is gifts.  What should we get uncle spider for xmas...i dunno he is a dolphins fan lets get him a sweatshirt.  without specificly knowing the recievers preference for colors or logos.  so whatever is on sale at walmart.  I know that very little of the patriots stuff i own i purchased myself, so i have a mix of styles even though not all of it is my first choice.  The gifts i give are almost always the old logo, but the recipient might actually prefer the new. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2018, 11:46:22 am »

^^^True.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2018, 03:05:50 pm »

I would say that your blanket statements are false. Why would my OPINION about men wearing pink be offensive? There is absolutely nothing offensive about it. The reason for the preface, "no offense to anyone" is because in this world we live in, there are quite a few pussies that get offended at everything.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 04:23:54 pm »

I like pink.  I look good in it.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 04:51:14 pm »

I feel like if you like pink you should wear it, but TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST I think guys that wear pink look stupid.  

That's the truth Hoodie, not a lie.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 04:53:45 pm »

I'm wearing a pink sweater today, actually. ...got complimented on it, too.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 04:56:36 pm »

^I noticed a lot of women like it when men wear pink, or purples...like I said, I think it looks stupid, but no one is trying to impress me.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 05:05:02 pm »

Purple is extremely popular around here with Orlando City being our soccer team.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2018, 06:42:48 pm »

^I noticed a lot of women like it when men wear pink, or purples...like I said, I think it looks stupid, but no one is trying to impress me.

I suspect there is a strong cultural bias at work and fashion does seem to be changing regarding which colors men "can wear".

When I think of teams playing in pink, I think of the Italian soccer club Palermo. Looking it up, they've been playing in pink since 1907! Of course, the premier sports newspaper in Italy, Gazzetta dello Sport, is famously printed on pink paper. Looking that one up, they actually started with pink in 1899!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray