Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:05:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  USA Today 2019 Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: USA Today 2019 Predictions  (Read 5392 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: May 03, 2019, 01:19:58 pm »

Under the sub-heading of worthless information, USA Today has come out with an early prediction of the score of every game in 2019. http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/predicting-the-score-of-every-2019-nfl-regular-season-and-playoff-game/ar-AAAQYr5?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=DELLDHP

To summarize Miami comes out tied with 6 other teams for the worst record at 4-12.  The teams Miami supposedly beats are: Chargers (24-23), Bills (20-16), Bengals (20-17), Patsies (27-21).  Of what I'm sure is discouraging to many on this site the Bengals and Patriots wins come in weeks 16 & 17.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 01:48:55 pm »

So they simmed a season in madden and put the results on as a news story? .. nice !!!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 03:12:43 pm »

Rosters aren't even full yet, so this seems pointless.

Also, I will only accept a 4-12 season if Rosen kills it and we don't need to draft a QB in 2020. Otherwise, 1-15 please.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 03:42:42 pm »

NBC 2020 Way-Too-Early NFL Mock Draft

1. Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
Sorry, Josh Rosen. The sense is the Dolphins are team tank at least before trading a 2nd round pick to the Cardinals for Rosen.

ESPN Todd McShay's way-too-early first-round projections

1. Miami Dolphins
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama*

Josh Rosen gets bumped by yet another No. 1 overall pick. Tagovailoa completed 69 percent of his passes last season, and he threw 43 touchdowns and only six interceptions. His 93.1 Total QBR trailed only Kyler Murray. The 6-foot-1, 218-pound lefty looks as if he could be the Dolphins' long-term answer at quarterback -- but most other teams likely to land the first overall pick would also take Tagovailoa without a second thought. He's that good.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 03:56:04 pm »

NBC 2020 Way-Too-Early NFL Mock Draft

1. Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
Sorry, Josh Rosen. The sense is the Dolphins are team tank at least before trading a 2nd round pick to the Cardinals for Rosen.

ESPN Todd McShay's way-too-early first-round projections

1. Miami Dolphins
Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama*

Josh Rosen gets bumped by yet another No. 1 overall pick. Tagovailoa completed 69 percent of his passes last season, and he threw 43 touchdowns and only six interceptions. His 93.1 Total QBR trailed only Kyler Murray. The 6-foot-1, 218-pound lefty looks as if he could be the Dolphins' long-term answer at quarterback -- but most other teams likely to land the first overall pick would also take Tagovailoa without a second thought. He's that good.

Dolphins draft Tua.  Trade Rosen to the Patriots for a fourth round pick.  Brady goes down week 3.  Rosen leads NE to 7th superbowl win.  Heads explode in Miami and AZ.

(Hey, that type of prediction is just as sensible as prediction each games score)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 09:16:40 am »

Dolphins draft Tua.  Trade Rosen to the Patriots for a fourth round pick.  Brady goes down week 3.  Rosen leads NE to 7th superbowl win.  Heads explode in Miami and AZ.

(Hey, that type of prediction is just as sensible as prediction each games score)

The only thing I could see happening differently in that scenario would be that the Dolphins would release Rosen outright and get nothing in return for him and THEN the Patriots pick him up and go to the Super Bowl. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 09:25:25 am »

The only thing I could see happening differently in that scenario would be that the Dolphins would release Rosen outright and get nothing in return for him and THEN the Patriots pick him up and go to the Super Bowl. 
hahaha ... either that or we would trade him and a second round pick for NE's 4th round pick and a no name RB.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 10:00:54 am »

Why would the Dolphins release or trade Rosen when his salary is ridiculously low for the next 4 years? Even if the Dolphins draft Tua, Rosen will be the backup for the next 3 years...assuming that he's not able to outplay him. Miami is not in the same position that Arizona was in with Rosen on the roster. He was not drafted with the 10th pick by Miami to be the franchise QB he was acquired with a low 2nd round pick to compete for a roster spot. Huge difference.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 10:05:54 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 10:21:52 am »

Why would the Dolphins release or trade Rosen when his salary is ridiculously low for the next 4 years? Even if the Dolphins draft Tua, Rosen will be the backup for the next 3 years...assuming that he's not able to outplay him. Miami is not in the same position that Arizona was in with Rosen on the roster. He was not drafted with the 10th pick by Miami to be the franchise QB he was acquired with a low 2nd round pick to compete for a roster spot. Huge difference.
It was a joke Pappy. The ineptness of the Dolphins knows no bounds in the last 20 or so years.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 10:49:03 am »

It was a joke Pappy. The ineptness of the Dolphins knows no bounds in the last 20 or so years.
I'm optimistic those days are over bub.  New guys have been hitting home runs on paper, we'll see how it pans out on the field.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 10:54:30 am »

My comment about the Fins would probably release Rosen was (mostly) just me being sarcastic because the Dolphins have a pretty well documented history of making questionable personnel decisions. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 01:28:44 pm »

It was a joke Pappy.

I was poking fun at doing a mock draft in May.  We don’t know how players will preform this year in college, which jrs are coming out, the draft order, nor team needs.  Mock draft earlier than January is just stupid.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 09:18:19 pm »

My bad, but I have seen tons of comments just like these on the Dolphins subreddit and I'm pretty sure that at least some of them were not being sarcastic. They honestly think Miami will simply toss away Rosen after a bad year.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2019, 01:26:24 pm »

My bad, but I have seen tons of comments just like these on the Dolphins subreddit and I'm pretty sure that at least some of them were not being sarcastic. They honestly think Miami will simply toss away Rosen after a bad year.

If he has bad year, it would be two in a row,

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2019, 05:50:42 pm »

If he has bad year, it would be two in a row,
See what I mean.  Evil

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray