Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:09:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Low in Sports with an 8 way tie!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: New Low in Sports with an 8 way tie!  (Read 3674 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: May 31, 2019, 01:53:24 pm »

The Scripps Spelling Bee ended in an eight way tie because they ran out of words. Angry  Buy an effing dictionary!!!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 06:45:33 pm »

I thought it was cool that each of them is getting the $50k first prize, rather than splitting it like the rules originally called for.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 06:48:43 pm »

I thought it was cool that each of them is getting the $50k first prize, rather than splitting it like the rules originally called for.
That is cool but I too think it's a cop out. We have enough participation trophies in the world already.

All sports and competitions need to adopt the rules of the Highlander. There can be only one!!  Cheesy

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 06:53:17 pm »

It wasn’t that they ran out of words, it was they ran out of time.  They needed to end the event. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 01:14:01 am »

That is cool but I too think it's a cop out. We have enough participation trophies in the world already.

All sports and competitions need to adopt the rules of the Highlander. There can be only one!!  Cheesy

I disagree in this case.  They all performed up to standards.  This money is not for participating, it's for doing an awesome job.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 07:51:11 pm »

Funny to see talk of spelling bee results considered a new low in "sports," and yet whenever ESPN broadcasts video games (which require physical coordination and reflexes) everyone loses their minds.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 01:24:22 pm »

I don't consider this nor video games to be sports.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 02:47:32 pm »

Spelling is a sport??

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 06:13:14 pm »

e-sports are for sure sports .. there's a physical aspect to it . .there is strategy .. simultaneous offense and defense .. there are set rules

it meets every aspect of being a sport.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 08:38:19 am »

I don't consider this nor video games to be sports.

This!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 10:12:58 am »

I think the term "sports" is used for lack of a better word. It is a competition. I never get too upset about anyone's opinion on what is and what isn't a sport.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 11:45:35 am »

I can't count how many spelling bees I won as a kid...dozens, at least, but I CAN tell you how many times someone came up to me afterwards and said "What an amazing athlete you are!"

(zero)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 12:06:38 pm »

Funny to see talk of spelling bee results considered a new low in "sports," and yet whenever ESPN broadcasts video games (which require physical coordination and reflexes) everyone loses their minds.

I don't consider spelling a sport, I just put it in this category as a joke since it was broadcast on ESPN2.  Nor do I think video gaming is a sport, but I don't think we need to re-hash that topic again, do we?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 12:10:04 pm »

I don't consider spelling a sport, I just put it in this category as a joke since it was broadcast on ESPN2.  Nor do I think video gaming is a sport, but I don't think we need to re-hash that topic again, do we?
That's what we do best during the off-season!!

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 03:53:42 pm »

That's what we do best during the off-season!!

LOL, well, you raise a valid point there.  We debate some pretty stupid shit even during the season.  But during the off-season, anything is up for discussion. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray