Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:18:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Antonio Brown Suspended (smh)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Antonio Brown Suspended (smh)  (Read 3545 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: September 05, 2019, 03:58:07 pm »

Now Antonio Brown has gotten himself suspended and allegedly threatened to smack his GM in the face.  What an f'ing moron. 
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 04:52:59 pm »

They're gonna void his guarantees and eventually cut him.   I don't see him playing a down for the Raiders at this point.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 08:41:53 am »

They're gonna void his guarantees and eventually cut him.   I don't see him playing a down for the Raiders at this point.

I hope you are right.  I hope he doesn't see a penny of that money just because he is the absolute polar opposite of a team player in a team sport. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 08:48:02 am »

The suspension is to void his contract and guarantees. The NFLPA will fight that but since they are the most worthless union in all of sports, they will lose. After all, if he is on camera or has witnesses to him threatening to assault the GM, then I don't think he has much of a case. Even for the Raiders, I'm sure that conduct is not allowed.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 10:48:47 am »

The suspension is to void his contract and guarantees. The NFLPA will fight that but since they are the most worthless union in all of sports, they will lose. After all, if he is on camera or has witnesses to him threatening to assault the GM, then I don't think he has much of a case. Even for the Raiders, I'm sure that conduct is not allowed.
As I understand it he did this in front of teammates, then punted a football and said "fine me for that too".  I realize that if released he will find work elsewhere but I'm stoked that the Raiders seem to be standing up to a prima-donna nutball. Far too many others are allowed to run the asylum because of their talent.

Drew Rosenhaus is trying to get things worked out. It would have been great if Drew stepped away himself but that isn't happening as long as money is involved.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:51:01 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 12:25:12 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/06/david-carr-says-raiders-captains-are-behind-jon-gruden-in-antonio-brown-decision/

If team captains call a meeting with the coach to tell him that the team players supports the GM, in a team vs player conflict, than its game over. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 12:56:38 pm »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/06/david-carr-says-raiders-captains-are-behind-jon-gruden-in-antonio-brown-decision/

If team captains call a meeting with the coach to tell him that the team players supports the GM, in a team vs player conflict, than its game over.  

Only Antonio Brown can be in a ridiculous dispute and make the Raiders seem professional.

If released, he is either going to go to the Chiefs and kill it for them to spite Oakland or this is the beginning of the end of his career.

EDIT: Brown apparently called the GM a cracker and was restrained by a teammate. He has since issued an emotional apology to the team and things may be smoothing over......until he calls Carr a cocksucker for not giving him the ball on every play.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 12:59:27 pm by EDGECRUSHER » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 01:29:42 pm »

Brown apparently called the GM a cracker and was restrained by a teammate. He has since issued an emotional apology to the team and things may be smoothing over......until he calls Carr a cocksucker for not giving him the ball on every play.
Get ready to see black privilege in full display. Any white player had called a black executive the N word while threatening to punch him in the face would have not even been given the chance to apologize. As it is AB will probably play Monday.

ABC booted Roseanne for much less.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 01:32:18 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 02:03:26 pm »

As mentioned above. Jon Gruden has just announced Antonio Brown will play Monday night. LMAO

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 02:37:24 pm »

Get ready to see black privilege in full display. Any white player had called a black executive the N word while threatening to punch him in the face would have not even been given the chance to apologize. As it is AB will probably play Monday.

ABC booted Roseanne for much less.

While I can agree that black racism is largely accepted and overlooked, there is a massive difference between cracker and the N word. Mainly that we can all say cracker but have to type out the N word and I'm not too bothered by that since it really is awful.

I just want to laugh at the dumpster fire that is the Oakland Raiders.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 02:50:10 pm »

While I can agree that black racism is largely accepted and overlooked, there is a massive difference between cracker and the N word. Mainly that we can all say cracker but have to type out the N word and I'm not too bothered by that since it really is awful.

I just want to laugh at the dumpster fire that is the Oakland Raiders.

the difference is historical context and relative power base.

That's the same reason why when Christians play the martyr it's pathetic and laughable. You can't be the martyr when you're 80% of the population and in charge of everything.
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 08:44:17 pm »

Yep. Only whitey can be racist. Everyone knows that.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 02:31:58 pm »

He has been cut.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 03:48:06 pm »

Hay he been diagnosed yet?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 04:27:27 pm »

Hay he been diagnosed yet?

I heard he got cold feet playing for the Raiders.  🙂

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray