Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:18:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game  (Read 14664 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 09:11:33 am »

Patriots win again, in typical nauseating fashion.

Their defense and special teams has outscored Miami's offense, I believe. 

NE has 3 defensive TDs and 2 ST.  Mia off has 2.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 10:53:55 am »

NE has 3 defensive TDs and 2 ST.  Mia off has 2.

i thought NE looked very vulnerable yesterday. We'll see once they start playing above a .200 SoS
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 12:37:05 pm »

i thought NE looked very vulnerable yesterday. We'll see once they start playing above a .200 SoS

New England does have some vulnerability I predict at the end of the season NE def/st has more TDs than the MIa off.  My confidence in this prediction stems more from my view of Mia than of NE.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 12:52:35 pm »

When is that? They still have the Jets, Browns, Dolphins and Bengals. Ravens and Eagles are mediocre, the Cowboys aren't contenders, the Bills have had an even easier schedule and the Texans aren't impressing anyone right now. Only really tough game I see is against Kansas City. The schedule gets harder for the Pats but a 14-2 year would not be shocking even if they aren't really that much of a juggernaut.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2019, 08:44:30 am »

The dream continues for the 49ers...going on the road and hammering the Rams. The Niners' defense is looking scary good right now.

5-0...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2019, 02:27:54 pm »

The dream continues for the 49ers...going on the road and hammering the Rams. The Niners' defense is looking scary good right now.

5-0...

49rs are looking good, but like NE they haven't played anyone with a winning record.  (Actually NE played the Bills)  They should easily sail to 6-0, then their schedule gets harder. 

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 10:56:14 pm »

5-0...

Because your GM did something that ours failed to do.   He built the trenches solid first.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2019, 08:58:00 am »

49rs are looking good, but like NE they haven't played anyone with a winning record.  (Actually NE played the Bills)  They should easily sail to 6-0, then their schedule gets harder.

Sure they have...The Rams were 3-2 when we went into their stadium and destroyed them...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2019, 11:16:12 am »

49ers won and defense did its job.  But the offense was not impressive against a horrible Washington team.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2019, 01:12:07 pm »

49ers won and defense did its job.  But the offense was not impressive against a horrible Washington team.

No argument there... But, again, we are down to our #4/#5 tackles, no Juszczyk at FB, and most of our WRs are a bit nicked up.

We were also playing in a mud bowl...that was pretty ridiculous. Joe Montana and Jerry Rice would've had difficulties generating offense in those conditions.

Next 4 games, Panthers-Cardinals-Seahawks-Cardinals, and 3 of the 4 are at home. We should get McGlinchey and a few other starters back by then, so...

Go NINERS!!

~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 04:38:32 pm »

No argument there... But, again, we are down to our #4/#5 tackles, no Juszczyk at FB, and most of our WRs are a bit nicked up.

We were also playing in a mud bowl...that was pretty ridiculous. Joe Montana and Jerry Rice would've had difficulties generating offense in those conditions.

Next 4 games, Panthers-Cardinals-Seahawks-Cardinals, and 3 of the 4 are at home. We should get McGlinchey and a few other starters back by then, so...

Go NINERS!!

Yeah, man.  Your 49ers have been one hell of a turnaround/success story.  It must be nice to be able to root for a good team.  I can barely remember the last time I was able to do that.   
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2019, 08:49:24 am »

The 49ers deal for a player I've always liked, WR Emmanuel Sanders, which definitely addresses our biggest need at this point.

Joe Staley is expected to start practicing again this week, and McGolinchey and Juszczyk should be back in the next few weeks.

LET'S GO NINERS!!

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 09:27:23 am »

Time to kill 53 birds with one stone tonight...and all of them Cardinals.

GO 49ers!!

~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 10:56:09 am »

Is it too early to start imagining what the 72 Fins reaction would be if two 18-0 teams were to play a SB in Miami?

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 12:53:14 pm »

Is it too early to start imagining what the 72 Fins reaction would be if two 18-0 teams were to play a SB in Miami?

I've got a vivid imagination...and I just can't see it. One...or both will get tripped up at least once before the regular season is over.

P.S.  Props to the Baby Bear, Nick Bosa, for winning the NFC Defensive Player (and Rookie) of the Month award.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray