Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:19:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Wash @ Mia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Wash @ Mia  (Read 3742 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 10:18:41 pm »

Yeah, the call was fine. Going for 2 would've yielded a higher chance of victory than taking your chances in OT and having a coin flip heavily decide the outcome.

Horrible play call though. Screen pass?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 10:19:32 pm »

Only when you are a shitty team with no real QB. No need to switch things up when Drew Brees is in.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 10:08:56 am »

Yeah, the call was fine. Going for 2 would've yielded a higher chance of victory than taking your chances in OT and having a coin flip heavily decide the outcome.

Horrible play call though. Screen pass?
Or great play call depending upon how you look at it.  Roll Eyes

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 12:33:14 pm »

ESPN's game summary said the game was decided by a dropped pass.

This is absurd.  Don't they know how to watch videos?

Drake had NO chance at scoring whatsoever. 

Also, can everybody STFU about tanking?

Drafting a quarterback number one doesn't do anything.  Just ask the Texans and Raiders.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 02:18:06 pm »

It would've been a miracle if he scored but he did drop the pass. Just a bad play call and execution.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 03:07:11 pm »

If he hold on to the ball he has a decent chance of getting in.  The play calling was fine, execution was flawed.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 03:37:03 pm »

If he hold on to the ball he has a decent chance of getting in.  The play calling was fine, execution was flawed.
I didn't see it but I've listened to three different Miami radio shows today and they said he had no chance of scoring even if he caught it including Joe Rose and Channing Crowder.  In fact ... Channing Crowder literally just said he'd had been hurt with the guys zeroed in on him. They seem to think the whole defense was keyed in on Drake.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2019, 03:46:32 pm »

I didn't see it but I've listened to three different Miami radio shows today and they said he had no chance of scoring even if he caught it including Joe Rose and Channing Crowder.  In fact ... Channing Crowder literally just said he'd had been hurt with the guys zeroed in on him. They seem to think the whole defense was keyed in on Drake.

I watched a youtube clip, looks like he had one guy to beat.  But it didn't include all22 so i could be wrong.  Not the call i would have called that situation I go with power it up the middle, QB sneak or jump ball to a tall reciever all ready in end zone.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 09:29:26 pm »

That one guy was all over him, plus several other defenders were nearby.

Why not use the other two point play the Patriots used against the Falcons?  The direct snap to the running back

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2019, 12:45:24 pm »

The read option that Tannehill used to run would have been my call. Fitz would have probably easily run it in on the edge. But then again we didn't really want him to score, haha.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2019, 11:12:00 am »

I watched a youtube clip, looks like he had one guy to beat.  But it didn't include all22 so i could be wrong.  Not the call i would have called that situation I go with power it up the middle, QB sneak or jump ball to a tall reciever all ready in end zone.
Hochman & Crowder interviewed a reporter from the Washington Post who claimed that Redskin players said when Drake went into motion they all got excited as that was the biggest play they had prepared for all week. Apparently it is a well scouted play of ours. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2019, 01:11:03 pm »

We can't risk coming that close to winning again this year.  There has to be an insurmountable lead for the opponent by the 2nd quarter for every game the rest of the year.  They can't keep screwing around by keeping it close like they did in the Washington game.  It was almost as if some of the guys WANTED to win last week.  I hope they got their asses ripped after the game for trying too hard.   Grin
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2019, 05:30:18 pm »

We can't risk coming that close to winning again this year.  There has to be an insurmountable lead for the opponent by the 2nd quarter for every game the rest of the year.  They can't keep screwing around by keeping it close like they did in the Washington game.  It was almost as if some of the guys WANTED to win last week.  I hope they got their asses ripped after the game for trying too hard.   Grin

It's all about gambling, the Dolphins got close enough to cover the spread....VICTORY!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray