Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:13:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Question about Flores
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Question about Flores  (Read 2540 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2019, 03:15:00 pm »

Out of timeouts and out of challenges is basically the same thing. In either case you can't challenge a play. My point is that in one case the booth intervened and in the other case the booth didn't. In the Dolphins case, the booth review caused them to lose the game. In the Patriots case, the lack of a booth review caused them to lose the game. Like I said, the booth should either review all dodgey calls or none and go 100% with the coach challenge rules. That's some willy nilly retarded shit right there...

In the Dolphins' case, it was inside two minutes, so ANY reviews would have been called from the booth / NY. The Dolphins or Jets wouldn't have been allowed to challenge at that point anyway . That wasn't the case with the Patriots where the non-touchdown was early in the fourth.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 03:35:16 pm »

In the Dolphins' case, it was inside two minutes, so ANY reviews would have been called from the booth / NY. The Dolphins or Jets wouldn't have been allowed to challenge at that point anyway . That wasn't the case with the Patriots where the non-touchdown was early in the fourth.
I get all that. It just seems like a bad system. If they're going to give 2 challenges, they should only be taken away when you lose a challenge. If you win the challenge, it means that you're fixing a problem that the Refs originally fucked up. Or maybe just do away with all the challenges and have a sky judge handle all the replay stuff. The more they try to fix it, the more they mess it up. I blame all those crybaby pussy Saints fans. Fuck all of them...

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 03:53:57 pm »

^^^That's what I don't get. At that point the Jets were out of timeouts, so they couldn't have challenged the play. It was reviewed by the booth and they reversed it. Now in the Patriots game, they were out of timeouts too, so they couldn't challenge. It was an obvious TD and the booth didn't intervene and reverse it. Seems to me the the booth should either review all dodgey calls or none and go 100% with the coach challenge rules. Shit doesn't make any sense.

I agree.  I don't care for the inside 2 minutes rule thing. 

I think you should get a flag per half, regardless of time.  If you are correct and it's overturned, it doesn't cost you a flag.  It just removes variables.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 04:24:11 pm »

I agree.  I don't care for the inside 2 minutes rule thing. 

I think you should get a flag per half, regardless of time.  If you are correct and it's overturned, it doesn't cost you a flag.  It just removes variables.
So basically you have unlimited challenges as long as your challenges overturn the calls on the field.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 11:08:58 am »

It's just hard to watch a sport for 40 years where that isn't a penalty and then a new rule has you slow it down to where it becomes a penalty after the fact.  I get it...it was Pass Interference, but you hate to see a non-call that was so fast in the moment go against you and literally cost you the game.

But also, it's a coaches job to advocate for his players.  It shows them that he cares and expects the same from them.

ALL OF THIS.

There are penalties like this EVERY game that are not called. It was bang-bang play and if you watch in real time, you don't call that. These plays that are broken down, frame by frame by frame, yes you're gonna see a penalty.

I'm glad he was so pissed and let the officials know his opinion.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray