Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:57:27 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Winter 2019 Coaching Hotseat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Winter 2019 Coaching Hotseat  (Read 4774 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2019, 05:25:46 pm »

People say this, but is it true?  What makes you think that's the case?
Ego the size of the earth. If i'm wrong and he does retire when Brady does, he'll get even more respect from me then I give him now.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 05:29:00 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 12:24:12 pm »

I predict neither retire at the end of season.  Brady picks his next team based on who has the best o-line and receiving corp.  Belichick wants to prove he can win without Brady.

Brady’s ego doesn’t allow him to retire.  He plays until no team is willing to sign him.

Belichick coaches until he reaches 348 wins.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 02:22:42 pm »

I don't think there is any shame in having the most successful QB/Coach tandem of all time. He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, that should be good enough.
Belichick has been a head coach for 7 seasons without Brady behind center.  He made the playoffs once (CLE in '94, with Testaverde at QB).  His total record without Brady is 52-60 (1-1 playoffs).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 02:24:47 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 08:26:45 pm »

Kitchens is gones.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 09:53:03 pm »

Kitchens is gones.

Terrible coaching job, from play calling to fighting with his own players. Should be a coveted job, team is pretty talented.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2019, 09:21:23 am »

Pat Shurmur has been fired by the Giants.

Bruce Allen has been fired by the Redskins as their team President. Let's see how this affects their draft plans. You know that a new management team coming in may not like their existing 1st round QB as he wasn't "their guy". We just saw this with Arizona dumping Josh Rosen for Kyler Murray. Could shake up the whole draft.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2019, 10:13:27 am »

Pat Shurmur has been fired by the Giants.

Bruce Allen has been fired by the Redskins as their team President. Let's see how this affects their draft plans. You know that a new management team coming in may not like their existing 1st round QB as he wasn't "their guy". We just saw this with Arizona dumping Josh Rosen for Kyler Murray. Could shake up the whole draft.

Skins didn't waste any time.   Picked up former Panthers HC Ron Rivera.   

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 10:19:27 am »

Skins didn't waste any time.   Picked up former Panthers HC Ron Rivera.   
Panthers should have never fired him.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2019, 10:26:01 am »

Terrible coaching job, from play calling to fighting with his own players. Should be a coveted job, team is pretty talented.
But lacks discipline. Whomever they choose has their work cut out for them.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2019, 10:46:20 am »

Kitchens is gones.

But lacks discipline. Whomever they choose has their work cut out for them.

That team reminded me of the 1995 Dolphins.   Signed a bunch of players and went nowhere and cost Don Shula his job.   Except the Dolphins actually made the playoffs.   The Browns underperformed all season and yesterday they mailed it in and lost to the worst team in the league.  No way you keep the coach after that. 

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2020, 10:21:52 pm »

Jason Garrett is the latest on the coaching carousel.  Cowboys just announced he will not be returning in 2020.   IMO, he grossly underachieved with all that talent on his roster.  This is something that should've been done a long time ago.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2020, 08:54:07 am »

Jason Garrett is the latest on the coaching carousel.  Cowboys just announced he will not be returning in 2020.   IMO, he grossly underachieved with all that talent on his roster.  This is something that should've been done a long time ago.

Cowboys have not announced anything.  ESPN has speculated that they will part ways.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2020, 09:00:30 am »

Poorly run franchises see teams like the Patriots and Steelers with their long time coaches and say "Stability is the key!" and it is.....with the right coach. You can't just keep a bum in power for a decade and expect success. I would actually say they wasted about 2 trips to the Superbowl with that idiot at the helm. The NFC East better watch out because if they hire a good coach then they will become a powerhouse.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2020, 11:01:42 am »

Cowboys have not announced anything.  ESPN has speculated that they will part ways.
Heard some interesting rumors today. Heard Gary Kubiak might already have the job. He's not going to be a coach who needs total control in the day to day and that let's Jerry be Jerry.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2020, 02:13:05 pm »

I don't think the cowboys underachieved. I think they're right where they should be. Dak is massively overrated. Elliot is ok, but this is a passing league. They have no receivers and a has been TE. They're just not a good team and it shows. Nothing Garret could have done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray