Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:56:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Where is the best place to watch a game?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Where is the best place to watch a game?  (Read 5424 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 28, 2019, 09:26:36 pm »

Home?

Restaurant?

Bar?

Just curious to hear people's opinion's on this

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 10:21:40 pm »

For me depends on the sport.
Football basketball and hockey are best on TV. Doesn’t matter to me when I watch it on TV.
Baseball is better in person.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 08:38:23 am »

Baseball is better in person.

Depends on where.  There are some really bad places to watch a baseball game. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 10:02:57 am »

Depends on where.  There are some really bad places to watch a baseball game. 

Yankee Stadium is a great place to watch a game since if you can afford a ticket that means you are Saudi Arabian Royalty.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 11:04:53 am »

I think that a bar is probably the worst.  Often loud, bad TVs usually, lacking good food.

In person, restaurants, and home are all fun -- it's just a different vibe.

If it's a game I really, really care about, nothing beats being in person.  But it's just a long day.
Restaurants are great if the sound is up and if there's a good lounge section where you can sit for the entirety and have drinks slowly.
And home is great, too, if you got friends and food.

I switch it up, because each is unique.

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 01:49:17 pm »

Yankee Stadium is a great place to watch a game since if you can afford a ticket that means you are Saudi Arabian Royalty.

It's been a minute since I've been to the Bronx.  I've been to every bullpark in MLB except the new stadium where the Marlins play. 

People will rank others higher because of things around it, or views.  Example Wrigley or Fenway. If you're purist, yes.  You should go to both.  Pro-tip, Fenway is a pit and you'll broke at a game.  My current favorite is Progressive Field.  It's spacious, the seating is really nice.  The food is good, the beer selection is fantastic and the cost is low.  I also love AT&T park in San Fran and PNC in Pittsburgh.  Really, once you start getting in the newer parks you'll be hard pressed to go wrong.

-Voltaire
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 03:45:30 pm »

If it involves one of my teams, a local sports bar with good food and cheap drinks.

If it doesn't, then I'm on my black leather couch watching on my 65" curved UHD TV.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 09:23:39 pm »

Football seems better on tv for me now. A couple games a year in person are fun though. The college atmosphere is much better than the NFL for a live event. Basketball can be fun either way. Hockey is definitely much better live. The tv doesn't catch half of what happens in the rink. Baseball is a no brainer.the smells of a ballpark just set the mood. Soccer also seems more fun live because you can see player movement much better.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 08:11:01 am »

^+1

Football is made for TV.  I find it miserable live. 

-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 08:54:18 am »

^+1

Football is made for TV.  I find it miserable live.  
I think it depends on the experience. I travel 3 hours to get to a game so I make sure it's an all day event for me complete with lots of tailgating. By going to games I've been able to do things like play catch with Jim Jensen and OJ McDuffie in the parking lot. That's not something I can ever do watching from home or in a bar.

With that said it's always fun to watch a game in a bar with a bunch of similar fans where you can share the fun and friendly trash talk other fans. It's also nice to watch from home so you aren't bothered by other people.  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:12:55 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 01:32:49 pm »

After having the access I had as a media member for the years I did it was jarring the first time I went to a Pats game and had truly terrible, awful seats.  I literally don't know why anyone would do that to themselves.

-Voltaire
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 01:42:58 pm »

My old company had private box seats they would raffle off for USF games, no one ever wanted to go so I got to go every week.  That's the way to watch a game lol.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 02:50:42 pm »

^Those are good.  Semi to private bathrooms, same with food.  Comfortable leg room.  That is the way to go.

-Voltaire
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 11:10:44 am »

I think there's ultimately nothing like the feeling of being in the crowd.  So much other stuff sucks -- the view, the cost, getting up, the waiting, the weather, etc.  But when you're in the crowd, there's an electricity to it.

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 11:50:36 am »

I think there's ultimately nothing like the feeling of being in the crowd.  So much other stuff sucks -- the view, the cost, getting up, the waiting, the weather, etc.  But when you're in the crowd, there's an electricity to it.

Which is why a sports bar works if you're all rooting for the same team.   You get being in the crowd without all that other bad stuff.  Not to mention your expenses are way less

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray