Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:10:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls - 2019 Season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Game Balls - 2019 Season  (Read 2681 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 29, 2019, 08:28:48 pm »

Flores and Fitzpatrick

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 10:31:47 pm »

Parker, Fitz, Flores
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 10:42:07 pm »

Only 3 choices but I'll give them to Flores and Fitz if only because Parker doesn't come on so strong if not for better coaching.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 07:40:57 am »

I'd also like to point out, Parker is #1 in the AFC in receiving yards by a WR, and #2 in the AFC in touchdowns....and got snubbed out of the Probowl.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 08:26:52 am »

I'd also like to point out, Parker is #1 in the AFC in receiving yards by a WR, and #2 in the AFC in touchdowns....and got snubbed out of the Probowl.

That's because he absolutely killed it during the last 5 games of the season and they basically have the players picked before then. Same thing with Gesicki although he isn't a Pro Bowler.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 02:07:54 pm »

I think you gotta go with Flores.

He got a little bit of spark out of the turd roster.

Honorable Mention to Parker.  I thought his career was shot and he came around.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 02:43:46 pm »

He got a little bit of spark out of the turd roster.

Honorable Mention to Parker.  I thought his career was shot and he came around.

And Flores gets it because of how he helped Parker. Devante was soft and didn't play with nagging injuries, Flores changed that. Now, we got a legit Top 5 receiver in the league signed modestly for the next 4 seasons.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 02:46:48 pm »

Apparently former Fins Offensive Coordinator Gary Stevens was wrong all those years ago when he said, "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit."   It may not be the prettiest or most appetizing one, but Flores ended up making a pretty edible chicken salad out of a bunch of nobodies. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 02:59:10 pm »

Now, we got a legit Top 5 receiver in the league signed modestly for the next 4 seasons.
Let's let him stay consistent for another season with some real competition on the team before we crown him a top 5 receiver. He's had many more poor and mediocre games than good games in his career. He could totally drop off the radar by next season.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 03:15:20 pm »

Let's let him stay consistent for another season with some real competition on the team before we crown him a top 5 receiver. He's had many more poor and mediocre games than good games in his career. He could totally drop off the radar by next season.

I agree that he isn't Randy Moss yet, which is why he signed the extension rather than wait to hit big in free agency. However, he really was a Top 5 receiver this year in the NFL if you go by yards. He also just embarrassed the DPOY on the road yesterday, so it seems more likely than not that he will stay Top 10 if the QB play stays consistent.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 03:29:37 pm »

No knock on Flores but I think Chad O'Shea doesn't get enough credit.  Flores is mainly focused on the defense, Chad calls the offense.  Nothing about the Dolphin's defense makes me go "Wow"! But the offense really overachieved in comparison to my expectations.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 03:45:29 pm »

It's not really offense or defense or play calling or any of that.

It's the fact that this team had very little talent and they managed to play hard and put a product on the field that resembled football throughout the year.  It's amazing that Flores was able to keep it together.  I think that it helps add to the culture, which is what we're also lacking.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 04:00:52 pm »

It's the fact that this team had very little talent and they managed to play hard and put a product on the field that resembled football throughout the year.
The offense did. The defense looked pretty bad for most of the year. I'm with Hoodie on this one. Maybe the credit should go to Fitzpatrick, Parker, Gisecki and O'Shea and don't forget that Preston Williams was pretty impressive before he got hurt as well. Who exactly balled out on the defensive side of the ball?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2019, 08:19:09 pm »

Chad O'Shea doesn't get enough credit. 

Apparently not everyone in the organization agrees with.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 09:17:38 am »

That was some strange timing.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray