Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:59:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  HoF
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: HoF  (Read 4195 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 08:07:29 pm »

Zach Thomas is a 7 time probowler, 7 time all pro, 5 time first team.  You're fucking crazy if you don't believe he should be in the hall of fame.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 10:07:34 am »

Was I right in hearing that there will be a total of 13 players selected? If that's the case then there's almost no way that Zach doesn't make it.

Edit, Ok did a little research and it seems that only 5 of those will be modern era players, the rest will be seniors, coaches or other contributors. Nevermind. I still think Zach has a decent chance of being inducted. Maybe not this year, but I think it will happen at some point.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 10:16:20 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2023, 03:07:24 am »

Zach is a great player and one of the all-time greatest Dolphins.  He deserves a spot in the Dolphins Honor Roll right next to his brother-in-law.  But I just don't think he's going to get in to the HOF.
Never been happier to be wrong.

Congrats to Zach!

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2023, 09:56:27 am »

I'm happy for Zach.  I never put my chips on the table about the Hall of Fame for him or any of these other guys.  I feel very out of touch with this kinds of conversations.

I do feel that Zach seemed like a hometown favorite but he never got a lot of media play around the country.  I never saw Zach as being a cover athlete for Madden, but Urlacher, for example did seem like that.  And I never considered one to be all that much better than the other, so I thought a lot would be about perception.  In that, I'm happy for him and a bit surprised.  But I loved rooting for this guy.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2023, 10:28:28 am »

When HOFers were calling out for him to be elected it really solidified our opinions. Zach was a great player who got little attention outside of the people playing against him and Miami fans. I have to wonder if he was more outgoing on a public level if that would have been different. As it is ... He's a man of little words.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 11:12:40 am »

^ I feel like this is true.

Also, it just makes sense to have the greatest players and those other greatest players that were their rivals on the field.  It helps tell the story better.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2023, 11:50:38 am »

Should have happened years ago, but better late than never. Congrats Zach. Well deserved. Sorry you had to wait as long as you did.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2023, 01:51:44 pm »

Zach getting in because Darth Sidious ( Hoodie ) didn’t think he deserved it makes it so much better! Wink
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray