Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:03:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Draft Still Going On, But No Crowd
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Draft Still Going On, But No Crowd  (Read 1397 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: March 16, 2020, 12:12:25 pm »

As of right now, the NFL Draft will go on as scheduled but there will be no crowd or audience. Basically, imagine the MLB Draft if you've ever seen it. I doubt even the players will be there, just phone calls and probably the Commissioner to announce the selections. No word yet on whether or not the player will be on video when selected, probably just a phone call but we'll see were this virus goes.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 02:58:55 pm »

I don't see that as a big deal. All we really care about is who we draft and not who's in the audience booing the commish.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 03:04:46 pm »

Honestly I see this being less of an issue then a lot of things. The NBA without fans? Pass. NCAA Tourney without fans? Pass. NFL Draft without fans? They have fans at those things?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 03:53:15 pm »

I predict between now and then it gets changed from being held in Vegas to being held via conference call.

Really no need to have reps from 32 teams travel and congregate. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 12:21:04 pm »

I predict between now and then it gets changed from being held in Vegas to being held via conference call.

Really no need to have reps from 32 teams travel and congregate. 

That's pretty much where we are today. NFL announced it won't be held in Vegas, probably just live via satellite for a lot of players and teams. Even then, amateur video for the players. Not going to have a film crew of 14 in someone's living room.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 01:29:20 pm »

I don't see that as a big deal. All we really care about is who we draft and not who's in the audience booing the commish.

Same here.  I actually prefer it because maybe now the tv coverage will be 100% about the draft and not showing everyone in the crowd reacting and as you said, booing the commish.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray