Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:21:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  unfuckingbelivable change in mask opinion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: unfuckingbelivable change in mask opinion  (Read 2950 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: May 28, 2020, 01:48:38 pm »

Neighbor of mine (few blocks over)  Has a sign on his yard “Masks = Tyranny Defend the 2nd Amendment“.  

Not sure what masks have to do with the 2nd amendment, it allows for the right to bare arms not bare faces and tank tops are still permissible 😀, but that’s besides the point.  He also has pro-Trump signs and confederate flag.

While you may not find this odd, he is absolutely the first person I saw wearing a mask back in March he was wearing an N95 mask while going store to store buying as much toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and other supplies as possible.  

While I don’t follow him on facebook I have seen screenshots of some of his rants.  A few months ago he was ranting about how if an ER doctor needs a mask he needs one as well to go shopping.  I also read one in which he defended his hording and offered to sell toilet paper etc ($15 per roll) to those unprepared.  

Now he is anti-mask and the local grocery store needed to call the police because when he threatened employees that told him he wasn’t allowed in without a mask.  

While I haven’t read his latest rant based on what someone who does follow him told me when he thought that a mask would protect the wearer from others he needed a mask more than an ER doctor.  But expecting someone to wear a mask to prevent spreading it to others is tyranny.

While my opinion has evolved as I have learned more information and I don’t fault someone for changing their opinion based on new information he just seems to be purposefully trying to make things bad.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:54:08 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 01:52:39 pm »

A long time ago we had a rule that said subjects need to describe the thread. I can't remember the last time your's did.

BTW ... your neighbor sounds like a goofball and will likely change his mind again and again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:55:21 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 01:55:37 pm »

A long time ago we had a rule that said subjects need to describe the thread. I can't remember the last time your's did.

Government monkeys?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 01:57:37 pm »

He sounds like an idiot, but I don't see the point in referring to him being a Trump supporter or flying a confederate flag.  Can't he just be your neighbor?

A business can refuse anyone for almost any reason.  My issue is when people start getting arrested for it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 02:04:55 pm »

I think the moment you saw that he was trying to resell toilet paper for $15/roll...you had all the info you needed on that schmuck.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 02:27:23 pm »

A business can refuse anyone for almost any reason.  My issue is when people start getting arrested for it.

To the best of my knowledge nobody in the USA has been arrested for the sole offense of not wearing a mask.  People have been arrested for refusing to leave a store or other area where they are required and for assaulting people who tell them they need to wear a mask.  But those arrests were for assault or continuing to trespass after being told to leave.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 02:31:55 pm »

To the best of my knowledge nobody in the USA has been arrested for the sole offense of not wearing a mask.  People have been arrested for refusing to leave a store or other area where they are required and for assaulting people who tell them they need to wear a mask.  But those arrests were for assault or continuing to trespass after being told to leave.

...yet.  This is a slippery slope that we should keep a watchful eye on.  Civil violations are in bounds, which I don't like either.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 02:50:32 pm »

A business can refuse anyone for almost any reason.

that also applies to twitter
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 02:55:08 pm »

...yet.  This is a slippery slope that we should keep a watchful eye on.  Civil violations are in bounds, which I don't like either.

I see the mask requirement a lot like smoking.  If you are in close enough proximity to others that your smoking will affect others you shouldn’t be allowed to smoke. And if you are within 6 feet of others wear a mask.  Walking down the street your choice.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 03:16:32 pm »

To the best of my knowledge nobody in the USA has been arrested for the sole offense of not wearing a mask.  People have been arrested for refusing to leave a store or other area where they are required and for assaulting people who tell them they need to wear a mask.  But those arrests were for assault or continuing to trespass after being told to leave.

Yes they have including kids.

Mother Arrested For Not Wearing Face Mask Shouldn’t Have Gone Down, Mayor Says
By Dean Meminger Brooklyn
PUBLISHED 10:47 PM ET May. 14, 2020 UPDATED 8:27 AM ET May. 15, 2020

NEW YORK - Responding to a story and video first reported by NY1 of a 22-year-old mother being wrestled to the ground by police and arrested, Mayor Bill de Blasio on Thursday said it isn't right.

“It shouldn’t have gone down that way, period," De Blasio said, adding "We should never have a situation where a mom with her child ends up under arrest for that kind of offense. It’s just not right."

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/coronavirus-blog/2020/05/15/mother-arrested-for-not-wearing-mask

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 03:19:41 pm »

Here was another despite the fact the officer's mask does not cover his nose, and one of his fellow officers is not wearing a facial covering at all

BY KEVIN DUGGAN

A uniformed NYPD officer punched a man in the face during an arrest on May 3, before threatening bystanders with a baton for not wearing masks in Cypress Hills, a viral video shows.

The widely-shared clip shows three officers restraining and arresting 21-year-old Stephon Scott at Miller and Sunnyside avenues at around 10:10 pm, according to a spokesman for the Police Department.

One of the cops then strikes Scott in the head as the detainee lays flat on the ground, before taking out his baton and threatening to arrest another man for failing to wear a mask — despite the fact that his mask does not cover his nose, and one of his fellow officers is not wearing a facial covering at all.

https://www.amny.com/brooklyn/police-violently-arrest-man-in-brooklyn-and-threaten-bystanders-for-not-wearing-masks/

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 03:37:22 pm »

Neither of those were for not wearing mask. 

In both cases 1. cop tells person to put on mask. 2. person assaulted cop.  3 person arrested. 

But I am all for arresting people who refuse to wear a mask. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 03:43:58 pm »

Neither of those were for not wearing mask. 

In both cases 1. cop tells person to put on mask. 2. person assaulted cop.  3 person arrested. 

But I am all for arresting people who refuse to wear a mask. 

Are you saying those people should have complied with police, and that is why things escalated?  Weird!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 03:59:17 pm »

>>""It is frustrating that that first interaction, 'Please put a mask on,' and it turned into statements made with terrible profanity, yelling and then, 'I’m going to cough on everyone,'" Shea told City Council members about what the woman said."

I would certainly consider that to be threatening behavior, wouldn't you?

Thank God the cop didn't kneel on her neck until she died...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 04:47:48 pm »

Are you saying those people should have complied with police, and that is why things escalated?  Weird!

Yes.  I do believe people should comply with the police and follow the law.  I also feel the police should act reasonable. 

If you assault a cop, you should be arrested.  If you are engaged in counterfeiting, you should be arrested.  Under neither situation should you be killed.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray