Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:13:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trump's America in 2020.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Trump's America in 2020.  (Read 9876 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2020, 09:05:44 am »

Our politicians are much more interested in pandering to their base constituents

I agree as long as we include lobbyists and billionaire financiers as "base constituents" even "primary constituents"
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2020, 09:34:06 am »

I agree as long as we include lobbyists and billionaire financiers as "base constituents" even "primary constituents"

Absolutely.  I wish I had included them in my comment. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2020, 11:31:54 am »

Both liberal AND conservative dipshits are getting as hysterical as little girls and making things worse by spreading unverified nonsense on social media. 

I'm seeing plenty of this.  I don't even think it's the most hardcore liberals or conservatives that I'm seeing it from.  It's the conspiracy-heavy people (who fall all over the political spectrum, like you said.)

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2020, 10:03:54 am »

Thanks for posting that.  It is always good to get the viewpoint of someone who is kind of on the outside looking in.   Sadly, I think you are spot on when it comes to the combative nature of politics in the US.   Our politicians are much more interested in pandering to their base constituents and "keeping those poll numbers high" to help them get re-elected than they are with actually solving any problems.   Congratulations to your politicians for putting aside their campaign rhetoric and actually working together on the Coronavirus situation. 

We may have got very lucky in the way most of the election cycles seem to be around mid-term here, so all political opponents from either side of the fence for a brief moment in time took their minds off saving their own hide and thought about the greater good of the country. It's sad it takes a moment of world crisis and dumb luck for that to happen...  Embarrassed
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray