Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:14:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  How do you feel about the state of the Dolphins rebrand now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How do you feel about the state of the Dolphins rebrand now?  (Read 2519 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: July 15, 2020, 02:34:32 pm »

The Dolphins had a rough couple of years PR-wise.  There was bully-gate, a string of coaches with a history of not being on the same page as management, a celebrity ownership stunt that didn't go well when losing so many games, the Orange carpet, a logo redesign that didn't seem all that popular, and an aging stadium experience.

Since then, the logo has been around a while, so I think people may have gotten used to it.  The stadium itself has been upgraded, but so has the experience, I'd argue: food and whatnot.  Some positive coaching press.  A big name rookie QB, etc.

So, if you were upset a couple of years ago, how do you feel now?  Do you link the logo?  Do you like the stadium?  Do you like the product?  Do you like the image?  Do you like the ownership and management?

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 02:45:09 pm »

All that matters for me is the on-field product and I'm still very much underwhelmed by it. I'm hoping to hell that they hit on a few of these draft prospects over the next 2 or 3 years to get a nice youth infusement and maybe they can start going somewhere. I'm encouraged by the coaching staff, but not yet convinced they are the answer. In my opinion they had nowhere to go but up and so it's not really cause for celebration that they in fact went up, but it sure beats the hell out of the alternative of another dreadful season which I was fully prepared for. They made progress....but there is so much further to go....

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 03:22:43 pm »

Our stadium looks nice and comfy, but far from intimidating. Hard to be with our team colors.

I think we went from a laughingstock in Week 1 to a trendy playoff pick in 2020 and the whole franchise looks to be more respectable. So, the rebrand has been a success so far.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 04:26:45 pm »

I think Miami is doing the right things...adding young talent through the draft and FA. I have a lot of confidence in Tua, and have been a fan since he was in HS at the Elite 11's.

It's just a matter of staying the course and not doing anything to derail the train.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 08:57:49 pm »

I haven't been to the stadium since the roof and other upgrades. The logo is growing on me and the on field product is looking bright. I think the Dolphins are going to be looked at very differently soon.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 12:44:30 am »

I didn't go to the stadium pre-canopy (this was not a coincidence), but I had a seat where the sun was shining through the canopy hole - on Thanksgiving weekend - and it was still pretty warm.  So the canopy is definitely a major upgrade for the fans.

I have stated many times that I L O V E the new logo, and I think the hue adjustment in 2018 made it perfect.

Not a big fan of Flores, but whatever.  Very excited about Tua.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 08:08:50 am »

I HATE the logo. Refuse to buy any gear that features it.

Haven't been down  to a game  since the canopy was added. Hopefully I'll get down there again at some point to experience the new look stadium, but I like the way it looks on TV.
I like the direction that the team is headed in now. I feel like they're starting to turn the corner with personnel making good decisions, and adding some good on field talent.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 08:25:51 am »

Just imagine if the logo had the tail curling down like previous logos.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 01:56:53 pm »

I legit don't even know what our current logo is. Didn't we change it like 4 times the past decade with only minor differences being made each time?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 02:07:25 pm »

I still don't care for the logo, to me it appears "soft" for a football team.  Maybe some slight tweaks (like they did to the original logo years ago) with some dark blue accents on the edges of the logo.

I think the stadium looks great, but I have never been in it.

I think we may have found a great coach based on last year's week by week improvement during the season.  And the GM seems to be doing a good job with the roster.

Finally, the players seem to be a good core of young talented players.  It may take another season or two, but they could potential become an AFC powerhouse.  Considering where they have come from I don't think you can ask for much more.  Hopefully, the Dolphins will be able to retain the players that become all-stars, instead of having them want to leave for other teams.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 02:10:00 pm »

Just imagine if the logo had the tail curling down like previous logos.
I get made fun of enough for being a Dolphins fan in Boston. That would make it unbearable for me.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 11:18:05 am »

Steps in the right direction, but I'd like to see the uniforms move to the current "throwback" alternates as primary.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 03:57:36 pm »

If the throwback becomes the primary, what happens to the current primary?  Erased from existence?

I think every NFL team wants to be in this position: selling both normal uniforms and throwbacks.  You might get them to redesign the normal uniform, but switching to the throwback full-time is just cash in the trash.

I think the only reason LAC ended up moving to the throwbacks as primary was because of how poorly they were doing in LA.  They had to do something desperate to gain some fan market share.  But notably, they were using basically the same logo for both, unlike MIA.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 04:14:56 pm »

I am against the throwback becoming our main uni.  I like it, but I like it as a change-up.

I don't really care for the logo, but I hate it less than I did.  The color tweak really REALLY helped a lot.  It looked so much like Aquafresh when it was light aqua and creamsicle orange.

I was skeptical about the stadium changes...thought that they were putting lipstick on a pig, but they made the most of it.  It's an outdated stadium design-style.  IMO, anything new should be an inclusive experience where the concourses are part of the action.  Short of that, though, they've done a good job with it.  The heat situation is greatly, greatly addressed but also all the non-sexy stuff makes for a better experience.  And concessions and beer...the experience is good.

I felt like we were a team in quicksand for a while.  Shitty, then mediocre...then one OK year.  Then shitty.  It was just this churn of attitude, style, direction.  That seems on the right track at the moment, but we may have two more down years, fire the coach, and be right back where we started.  ...who knows?

I think that having Tag is good for the sanity.  It's just something to look forward to, whether it pans out or not.

The last time I was truly excited about the Dolphins was with Ricky Williams.  Those teams were special to me.  He is probably my 2nd all-time favorite Dolphin, behind Marino.

I think that we still have some of that South Beach flare, but it's in food and culture now, and less in the South Beach club mindset.  ...at least that's how it comes across.

This is also just personal, but I really like Tom Garfinkel.  I have no reason to dislike the man personally, but Mike Dee always felt like he was trying to sell me something.  I've respected Garfinkel from the moment I met him and he just seems so down to Earth and not trying to bullshit his way into making me think that the status quo is OK.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 09:40:37 am »

If the throwback becomes the primary, what happens to the current primary?  Erased from existence?
Years from now they would become the throwbacks.  "remember how terrible those uniforms were? hahahaha!"

I know you like them.  I also recognize the economic need for them.  But in my humble opinion, the throwbacks are head-and-shoulders better uniforms.  But, perhaps I'm showing my age with that comment.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray