Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:29:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Fox News calls it for 46th President Joe Biden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Fox News calls it for 46th President Joe Biden  (Read 5419 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: November 07, 2020, 02:27:05 pm »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-wins-presidency-trump-fox-news-projects

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has defeated President Trump, denying him a second term after a bitter campaign and dramatic, prolonged vote count in battleground states that sparked a flurry of lawsuits.

The Fox News Decision Desk projected Saturday that Biden will win the state of Nevada and the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, giving the former vice president the electoral votes he needs to win the White House.

It's over.  Biden wins.

The Senate is on track to be 48D-50R, with two special elections in GA on January 5 for the remaining two seats (and control of the Senate).

Analysis to follow.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 02:53:34 pm »

It's certainly relieving to see America reject Trump.  If we had anything remotely resembling a representative democratic republic, this would not have been close: when the counting is done, Trump will have lost by the second largest vote margin since 1984.

But that is little solace.  Trump was able to get over 8 million more votes than he did in 2016, getting more votes that the previous record-holder (2008 Obama) and becoming only the second American ever to surpass 70 million votes in an election (the first being, of course, Biden, who will likely end up with over 80 million).

Like many liberals, I told myself that 2016 was a fluke; that it was due to intense hatred of Hillary among her detractors, Comey's interference, Russian hacking, blank-slate self-projection on to Trump, or a combination of the above.  But I thought that after 4 years of President Trump - and especially this last year - that it would be clear what Trump is about.  And it is, and a huge chunk of Americans simply don't care.  Their only priority is Make Liberals Cry Again, and it doesn't matter how many Americans have to die, or how many jobs we have to lose, or how many immigrant babies we have to steal to get there.  None of it matters.

The idea that policy matters has been conclusively shattered by this election.  The GOP literally had no party platform in 2020.  The only "policy" that exists is Triggering The Libs.

2024 is not going to be good.  If still alive, Trump will certainly run again - he still enjoys the highest approval among Republicans of any President ever - and any Republican who opposes him in the primary would likely be committing career suicide.  I can't see anyone who voted for Trump in 2020 NOT voting for him in 2024.  (For the record, you can still run for President from prison: Eugene Debs received over 1 million votes for President in 1920 while incarcerated.  And I still don't think a Trump conviction would change the mind of a single Trump voter.)

So basically, Biden will have to rescue the economy AGAIN and deal with a national health crisis AGAIN while trying to keep all of the votes he got last time.  Doesn't seem likely.

Still, we've got four years to undo (some of) the damage that Trump has wrought, and if Dems can win the Senate seats in GA, we can get some meaningful change implemented before the country hands the reins back to the arsonists.  (PR finally voted in favor of statehood.)

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 07:58:30 pm »

Disappointed, but not totally surprised.

I wonder what the turnout for this year's election was compared to 2016.

Hello to more laziness and more people enjoying the good life off the American taxpayer.

Every day I wake up for work, I wish I could just go back to sleep, then wake up and do whatever I wanted.

Millions of Americans realized this dream under President Obama.

I actually went to a mental health clinic and asked, "Can you make my mental health WORSE?  I want to be on disability."

They threw me out.

(Well, that story is not true, but I think it would be cool to do)

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 08:00:00 pm »

It's certainly relieving to see America reject Trump.  If we had anything remotely resembling a representative democratic republic, this would not have been close: when the counting is done, Trump will have lost by the second largest vote margin since 1984.

But that is little solace.  Trump was able to get over 8 million more votes than he did in 2016, getting more votes that the previous record-holder (2008 Obama) and becoming only the second American ever to surpass 70 million votes in an election (the first being, of course, Biden, who will likely end up with over 80 million).

Like many liberals, I told myself that 2016 was a fluke; that it was due to intense hatred of Hillary among her detractors, Comey's interference, Russian hacking, blank-slate self-projection on to Trump, or a combination of the above.  But I thought that after 4 years of President Trump - and especially this last year - that it would be clear what Trump is about.  And it is, and a huge chunk of Americans simply don't care.  Their only priority is Make Liberals Cry Again, and it doesn't matter how many Americans have to die, or how many jobs we have to lose, or how many immigrant babies we have to steal to get there.  None of it matters.

The idea that policy matters has been conclusively shattered by this election.  The GOP literally had no party platform in 2020.  The only "policy" that exists is Triggering The Libs.

2024 is not going to be good.  If still alive, Trump will certainly run again - he still enjoys the highest approval among Republicans of any President ever - and any Republican who opposes him in the primary would likely be committing career suicide.  I can't see anyone who voted for Trump in 2020 NOT voting for him in 2024.  (For the record, you can still run for President from prison: Eugene Debs received over 1 million votes for President in 1920 while incarcerated.  And I still don't think a Trump conviction would change the mind of a single Trump voter.)

So basically, Biden will have to rescue the economy AGAIN and deal with a national health crisis AGAIN while trying to keep all of the votes he got last time.  Doesn't seem likely.

Still, we've got four years to undo (some of) the damage that Trump has wrought, and if Dems can win the Senate seats in GA, we can get some meaningful change implemented before the country hands the reins back to the arsonists.  (PR finally voted in favor of statehood.)

By damage, do you mean let more people live the good life off the American taxpayer?     

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 11:46:16 pm »

Yes, disabled people, the elderly, and families with children will continue to live "the good life" at an income level well below middle class, unable to afford the hit of a $400 unexpected emergency.

Even "worse": now people will be able to legally apply for asylum without having their children stolen by our government before the parents are deported.  But the good news is that there's plenty of time for another 50-100k Americans to die from COVID before Biden takes office and starts wasting the money of the American taxpayer to save their lives.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 12:32:19 am »

Yes, disabled people, the elderly, and families with children will continue to live "the good life" at an income level well below middle class, unable to afford the hit of a $400 unexpected emergency.

Even "worse": now people will be able to legally apply for asylum without having their children stolen by our government before the parents are deported.  But the good news is that there's plenty of time for another 50-100k Americans to die from COVID before Biden takes office and starts wasting the money of the American taxpayer to save their lives.

Don't know where you are coming from, but most people I know on disability drink, smoke, and party all day.

This statement from a liberal best encapsulates the attitude Obama instilled in this country

Me:  How many hours do you work per week?
Liberal:  20
Me:  Why don't you work more
Liberal:  Because I don't want to lose my benefits

She makes about 25,000 a year working 20 hours per week.

If that's not living the good life, I don't know what is.

They CAN afford the emergency because Obama's and liberal policies are that you can do whatever you want and make other people pay for it.

I would love the joy of getting a big fat check from the government every month

I would love the joy of having free time to do whatever I want.

It's not fair that so many people get to that and I don't.

Spider, do you know that people TRY to get on government assistance because they WANT to?  They don't WANT to work

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 12:33:40 am »

That article you linked to is about WORKING FAMILIES.  Not people living the good life off taxpayer money.  Those people don't have anything unexpected to worry about because the government takes care of their every need.

WORKING FAMILIES have unexpected hits

People living off taxpayer assistance do not.  This is another thing Obama created which has led to many people trying to get on taxpayer assistance. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 12:40:23 am by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 12:34:21 am »

It's certainly relieving to see America reject Trump.  If we had anything remotely resembling a representative democratic republic, this would not have been close: when the counting is done, Trump will have lost by the second largest vote margin since 1984.

But that is little solace.  Trump was able to get over 8 million more votes than he did in 2016, getting more votes that the previous record-holder (2008 Obama) and becoming only the second American ever to surpass 70 million votes in an election (the first being, of course, Biden, who will likely end up with over 80 million).

Like many liberals, I told myself that 2016 was a fluke; that it was due to intense hatred of Hillary among her detractors, Comey's interference, Russian hacking, blank-slate self-projection on to Trump, or a combination of the above.  But I thought that after 4 years of President Trump - and especially this last year - that it would be clear what Trump is about.  And it is, and a huge chunk of Americans simply don't care.  Their only priority is Make Liberals Cry Again, and it doesn't matter how many Americans have to die, or how many jobs we have to lose, or how many immigrant babies we have to steal to get there.  None of it matters.

The idea that policy matters has been conclusively shattered by this election.  The GOP literally had no party platform in 2020.  The only "policy" that exists is Triggering The Libs.

2024 is not going to be good.  If still alive, Trump will certainly run again - he still enjoys the highest approval among Republicans of any President ever - and any Republican who opposes him in the primary would likely be committing career suicide.  I can't see anyone who voted for Trump in 2020 NOT voting for him in 2024.  (For the record, you can still run for President from prison: Eugene Debs received over 1 million votes for President in 1920 while incarcerated.  And I still don't think a Trump conviction would change the mind of a single Trump voter.)

So basically, Biden will have to rescue the economy AGAIN and deal with a national health crisis AGAIN while trying to keep all of the votes he got last time.  Doesn't seem likely.

Still, we've got four years to undo (some of) the damage that Trump has wrought, and if Dems can win the Senate seats in GA, we can get some meaningful change implemented before the country hands the reins back to the arsonists.  (PR finally voted in favor of statehood.)

What damage has Trump done?  He has worked hard to end this entitlement and welfare state Obama created.  He has created a strong economy.  People don't like him because it means they have to get off their asses and work, and not claim disability for some lame and pathetic condition like "Depression" or "Anxiety".   
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 12:41:45 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 04:12:43 am »

dolphins4life, you have such a bizarre idea of what "taxpayer assistance" entails that it makes me question as to whether you have ever been financially independent, or even personally paid a bill.

The lazy liberals you refer to... have they all been homeless since 2017?  Did they starve to death three years ago?  Because it sounds like you currently know people "on disability" DURING Trump's presidency, which seems to be at odds with your belief that Trump will force all these people back to work.

As for the "strong economy" Trump created:

Trump has the worst job losses on record heading into the election

The US has had the single worst COVID response on the planet, which has made our economy demonstrably worse.  The economy IS Trump's fault.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 09:57:49 am »

dolphins4life, you have such a bizarre idea of what "taxpayer assistance" entails that it makes me question as to whether you have ever been financially independent, or even personally paid a bill.

The lazy liberals you refer to... have they all been homeless since 2017?  Did they starve to death three years ago?  Because it sounds like you currently know people "on disability" DURING Trump's presidency, which seems to be at odds with your belief that Trump will force all these people back to work.

As for the "strong economy" Trump created:

Trump has the worst job losses on record heading into the election

The US has had the single worst COVID response on the planet, which has made our economy demonstrably worse.  The economy IS Trump's fault.

Not sure what my financial independence has anything to do with other people not having to work.  I work over 40 hours every week at two jobs.   I wish I only had to work twenty hours a week and get a fat check every month for my ADHD and Asperger's, but it's too late now.  I might have been able if I had applied early instead of working. 

Maybe I should have done drugs as a teenager.  That is another pathway I have seen people use to get on disability. 

The point is, IT IS JUST NOT FAIR. 

Trump tried to do something about it.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 01:05:33 pm »

If that's not living the good life, I don't know what is.
You don't know what is. Obviously.

The reason you have to work 2 jobs to get to 40 hours instead of working 1 job for 40 hours is because of health insurance companies.

If you're a full time employee, of a large enough company,  you must be offered healthcare. As a response, companies that care only about their bottom dollar (99.99999999) of companies, will try to do anything they can to make sure they give you as little as they can.

The reason this exists as a system is because the health insurance companies want you (you individually or you companies) to HAVE to buy healthcare from them.

That's how they make money.
That's why they fight tooth and nail for any expansion of any sort of government paid health care.

The United States is the only country in the world that ties health insurance to employment.  When you talk to anyone outside the US about healthcare considerations as part of employment, they look at you like you have 2 heads.

The solution to this. Is to have universal single payer health care. Just like Canada, or England, or anywhere else. The specific flavor doesn't matter. As long as everyone is covered and nothing depends on your employment status.

The point is, IT IS JUST NOT FAIR.

so Instead of "hey i also need help for these reasons" the answer is instead "nobody should get help if i don't" .. seems pretty petty and selfish
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 02:48:27 pm »

Man, I wish I was back at the time in my life where I thought $25k was the good life. I had no idea how the world worked either then.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 08:33:21 pm »

You don't know what is. Obviously.

The reason you have to work 2 jobs to get to 40 hours instead of working 1 job for 40 hours is because of health insurance companies.

If you're a full time employee, of a large enough company,  you must be offered healthcare. As a response, companies that care only about their bottom dollar (99.99999999) of companies, will try to do anything they can to make sure they give you as little as they can.

The reason this exists as a system is because the health insurance companies want you (you individually or you companies) to HAVE to buy healthcare from them.

That's how they make money.
That's why they fight tooth and nail for any expansion of any sort of government paid health care.

The United States is the only country in the world that ties health insurance to employment.  When you talk to anyone outside the US about healthcare considerations as part of employment, they look at you like you have 2 heads.

The solution to this. Is to have universal single payer health care. Just like Canada, or England, or anywhere else. The specific flavor doesn't matter. As long as everyone is covered and nothing depends on your employment status.

so Instead of "hey i also need help for these reasons" the answer is instead "nobody should get help if i don't" .. seems pretty petty and selfish

I work more than forty hours.  I get health insurance through my full time job.

I don't need help.  Most people on disability don't need help either.  They CAN work, it's just easier to get a fat check from the government every month.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 08:34:22 pm »

Man, I wish I was back at the time in my life where I thought $25k was the good life. I had no idea how the world worked either then.

It is the good life, from what I see, since those people drink, smoke, and party all day.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 08:34:58 pm »

Trump used to be a Democrat, as did I.  It was only until I realized how laziness has impacted this country that I shifted over.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray