Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:10:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I have Covid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: I have Covid  (Read 13474 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2020, 12:37:46 pm »

Nice of you to join us for the first time in years to be a nasty person.

Yeah, we wouldn’t want to hurt the feelings of someone who claims taking precautions is just media induced paranoia and calls those who consider Covid serious a “douche”.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2020, 12:44:28 pm »

Nice of you to join us for the first time in years just to be a nasty person.

What can I say, I have a sixth sense for schadenfreude.

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2020, 12:55:35 pm »

Yeah, we wouldn’t want to hurt the feelings of someone who claims taking precautions is just media induced paranoia and calls those who consider Covid serious a “douche”.

He and his family are in the hospital douche.  It's not really the time for "I told you so's".

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2020, 07:22:50 pm »

I was admitted to the hospital today. Well it’s Thursday morning now but I came in Wednesday morning. I went to ER to get fluids and found out I have Covid pneumonia. Hopefully the steroids help and I’ll be going back home sooner rather than later. Mother law is in same hospital.

Jeez, CF....feel better, man.  Hang in there.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2020, 07:42:48 pm »

Always a little suspicious of the veracity of “a friend of a friend “

To put it in perspective I have met this other friend (once) when he took a long overdue vacation here - he's a paramedic in England originally from Australia.

Both of them are very serious people and don't joke about things like this, so I seriously doubt they would be taking the piss.
David Fulcher

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2021, 01:55:05 am »

He and his family are in the hospital douche.  It's not really the time for "I told you so's".

Jeez, CF....feel better, man.  Hang in there.

Yeah, I'm a healthcare professional (physician--wife hates when I *admit* this, but it is what it is) myself, and I'm pretty damn far from an anti-masker, and don't understand my peers that are--very odd to me, what does it hurt to wear a mask other than our ears a bit with the KN95/duckbill types?  But that said, just as Tenshot hit it on the damn head, not the time for finger pointing when someone's really sick from this stuff, Hoodie.

I concur with Dave and Ten, best of wishes to you and Godspeed in recovering, CF!

"I swear to Buddha--if someone challenges my Ping-Pong honor, their fortune cookie will see bad outcome!"

--guy from "My New Haircut", Asian edition
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2021, 06:44:26 am »

not the time for finger pointing when someone's really sick from this stuff, Hoodie.

CF has repeatedly made it clear he has absolutely no sympathy for those who have gotten sick or died and no concern for lowering the spread.  He has expressed similar sentiments towards those with life threatening food allergies. I hope CF gets better.  Just like I do for all of the Covid victims.

By way of analogy: I see a clear distinction between some one who gets in a car accident while driving safely and someone who gets in a car accident while driving drunk.  The former gets my sympathy but with the later I am more concerned with the innocent others who were hurt or killed by the drunk drivers irresponsible actions. I see CF and all other anti-mask anti-social distancing as a drunk drivers. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:17:32 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2021, 08:01:13 pm »

That is such a lie but if it makes you guys feel better to make me out to be evil.  I sympathize with anyone who has had to deal with this. I just don’t think it is worth destroying everyone else’s lives to protect us few. I still don’t. At the end of the day it’s my fault I allowed myself to get it. I don’t push my safety off on you sitting home and starving.

With that said ... my body hasn’t been producing antibodies so they gave me plasma. Between that, remdesvir, and steroids I seem to be getting better.

Thank you to you guys who have offered support and condolences.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:05:50 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2021, 10:03:04 am »

CF, how’s the rest of the family?

Can you tell us a little about your symptoms?  Did you get your taste back?

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2021, 03:54:21 pm »

Wife was admitted to the hospital today as she isn’t recovering at home. They are discharging me now and my mother in law is in ICU as her pneumonia is worse. I was texting with her earlier and she seems to still have her moxie so hoping she pulls out of this. 

Mine started on a Monday with a very slight head cold. I started to run fevers at night and by Thursday lost taste and smell. My wife and mother in law was a couple days behind me but never lost smell or taste. I’ve gotten some taste back which I’m ecstatic about but very little smell has returned. For whatever reason our bodies aren’t producing antibodies so even after time we just get worn down. The plasma and remdisvir seem pretty important.

There are weird body aches that I hadn’t experienced with flu but fortunately I haven’t had much. My wife has dealt more with that. Fever, coughing, and exhaustion have been the biggest with vomiting and diarrhea after 9 days.

We all caught it from my daughter when we helped her moved a couple of weekends ago.   Again ... she has very minimal symptoms.  It looks like she and her friends caught it at a bowling alley. They are young and have all bounced back pretty easily. Us old farts haven’t been as lucky.

Fortunately it doesn’t appear anyone from work or I was around after that initial time has caught it from me so that’s good.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2021, 05:44:26 pm »

I don’t push my safety off on you sitting home and starving.
I don't think that was ever the choice.

There are many countries where initial lockdowns were followed by rigorous contact tracing and mask use, followed by a gradual re-opening of society.  But in America, many people refused to wear masks and our federal government wouldn't provide the kind of resources needed for widespread contact tracing.  So instead of the death counts subsiding, they explode, and we have to go back to lockdowns.  That's the cause of people "starving" because they can't open their business.

The widespread ignorance of social distancing wouldn't be that much of a problem if people were wearing masks.  Countries like New Zealand and Japan have accomplished this.  The problem with America is that everyone still wants to get together for Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and New Year's Eve... but they ALSO don't want to wear masks.

Now, I don't know if y'all were wearing masks when you helped your daughter move.  (After all, I was wearing a mask regularly and I still caught it.)  I also don't know if your daughter and her friends were wearing masks at the bowling alley.  But based on your previous statements here, it doesn't sound like that would be the case.  And masks help to prevent the spread of COVID.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2021, 07:49:47 pm »

We weren’t wearing them while moving but I’d have to guess they were while bowling since masks are typically required indoors. Well ... unless they were eating. We don’t not wear masks when required to and typically social distance even in public settings. Moving with the family I’m around all the time didn’t seem very dangerous at the time. But with that said ... there’s many more times I would have thought we would have caught something but never did. It’s amazing to me one of my daughters and my father in law haven’t caught it.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2021, 04:53:23 am »

We weren’t wearing them while moving but I’d have to guess they were while bowling since masks are typically required indoors.
I'm not sure that's the case.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/11/25/gov-desantis-extends-order-banning-local-governments-from-enforcing-mask-mandate-violations/

DeSantis extends order banning local governments from enforcing mask mandate violations

ORLANDO, Fla. – Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday extended his executive order that bans local governments from enforcing mask mandate violations.

The order, first signed in September, prevents cities from fining people for not adhering to mask mandates. It also prevents cities and counties from ordering restaurants to close without economic or health reasons being justified.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2021, 11:07:37 am »

Godspeed, CF.   I’m worried about you and yours. 

This is a tough time.  Florida seems to be experiencing an explosion in cases right when the vaccine is rolling out.  It’s a race against time.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2021, 03:26:28 pm »

(After all, I was wearing a mask regularly and I still caught it.)

That is pretty much irrelevant.  Masks offer the wearer only minimal protection against being infected by others.  There true value is in preventing the infected wearer from spreading it to others.  CF wearing a mask on moving day would have done little to prevent him from catching covid.  His daughter wearing a mask on moving day would have done plenty.  And because none of us know if we are infected we must ALL wear a mask to protect others.

Not wearing a mask is not a personal choice in which you only endanger yourself like riding a motorcycle without a helmet or not wearing a seatbelt.  It is an utterly selfish, reckless and evil act of endangering others akin to driving drunk.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray