Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:02:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Texans Release JJ Watt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Texans Release JJ Watt  (Read 2743 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: February 12, 2021, 10:12:13 am »

COME TO MIAMI, BABY!

He is probably tired of losing and even with Watson, this is a 5-6 win team. Much less if they trade him so he wants out and it is best for both parties. This team really should've had a fire sale last year, Watt could've been traded for a 2nd or 3rd rounder last year but now he walks for nothing.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 10:50:09 am »

I think he'd be looking at winning over money but it could still be a pretty large price tag.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 11:08:54 am »

I think he'd be looking at winning over money but it could still be a pretty large price tag.
We've got both, but I wouldn't want to overpay for him
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 11:13:11 am »

He can play with both of his brothers for the Steelers. They are a good team although Maurkice Pouncey just retired and Ben is noticeably older now. I would think we have a better shot at the division or Superbowl than Pittsburgh in 2021. Plus, they have no cap space.

I too think he will take a winning team over money, but for argument's sake, he would probably go to the Raiders for $16 Million over Miami for $9 Million. I can see him taking a discount to be with his brothers or a contender, but not 50% less.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 11:15:01 am »

Pittsburgh seems to be the early favorites but we will see

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 11:36:12 am »

Pittsburgh seems to be the early favorites but we will see

No way he goes to Pittsburgh, they have the 4th WORST cap situation in the league.  They're $30,601,664 over the cap.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 11:46:51 am »

If winning is all he cares about than Dolphins aren’t his first choice even among Florida teams.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 11:59:26 am »

If winning is all he cares about than Dolphins aren’t his first choice even among Florida teams.

I don't think it will be all he cares about but it will be his top priority as long as a dumb team doesn't step in with a $20 Million offer. Besides, Bucs got a lot of talent to resign and even with Brady discounts, they may not have much to offer. He will definitely have a lot of good landing spots to choose from, but I do feel we are one of the favorites not just for our potential to contend but because once you don't pay income tax in a state, you don't want to start.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 01:04:06 pm »

I don't think it will be all he cares about but it will be his top priority as long as a dumb team doesn't step in with a $20 Million offer. Besides, Bucs got a lot of talent to resign and even with Brady discounts, they may not have much to offer. He will definitely have a lot of good landing spots to choose from, but I do feel we are one of the favorites not just for our potential to contend but because once you don't pay income tax in a state, you don't want to start.

Dolphins can offer JJ more money than the Bucs.  Bucs offer him a better chance at a ring.  All depends on what he wants more.  He has made over $100 million and never been to the big show, he might be willing to play for vet min.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 01:24:38 pm »

Dolphins can offer JJ more money than the Bucs.  Bucs offer him a better chance at a ring.  All depends on what he wants more.  He has made over $100 million and never been to the big show, he might be willing to play for vet min.

Very true, I have no idea what he wants or is willing to take, but I do feel that we are strongly in the running and that's good enough for now.

I can certainly respect players taking less money for a chance at a ring, but I also don't like it when they form "super teams" when lots of players do it. That's what ruined the NBA for me but that's a side rant and I'm sure a messageboard filled with Heat fans doesn't want to hear what an angry Knicks fan has to say about super teams.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 01:39:07 pm »

Very true, I have no idea what he wants or is willing to take, but I do feel that we are strongly in the running and that's good enough for now.

I can certainly respect players taking less money for a chance at a ring, but I also don't like it when they form "super teams" when lots of players do it. That's what ruined the NBA for me but that's a side rant and I'm sure a messageboard filled with Heat fans doesn't want to hear what an angry Knicks fan has to say about super teams.

I am not a heats fan, but I have more respect for players who build their own team to win like the heat than I do the Yankees method of overspending everyone else.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 01:46:03 pm »

Rumor is JuJu Smith-Schuster wants to play in Tampa. It's already a Madden team and that could actually get more exaggerated.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 02:04:10 pm »

Rumor is JuJu Smith-Schuster wants to play in Tampa. It's already a Madden team and that could actually get more exaggerated.

JuJu will go to the Toronto Argonauts if they pay him the most. The kid hasn't been paid yet and considering his ego, I don't see him taking any sort of discount to go to a winner.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 02:09:37 pm »

If the Bucs re-sign Barrett, there isn't a spot for JJ.  
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 02:32:20 pm »

If the Bucs re-sign Barrett, there isn't a spot for JJ.  

Barrett says he wants to "break the bank" so I don't think he resigns. Good for him, NFL careers are usually short and mess up your body for the rest of your life. I hope they all get paid.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray