Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:58:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Free Agency moves
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Free Agency moves  (Read 5969 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2021, 01:20:28 pm »

I hope the Jets stick with Darnold and draft Sewell or one of the WRs. A ransom ould be had for our #3 pick then. I imagine it will have been traded weeks earlier but if we wait until the last minute, the phone will be off the hook.

Sorry, not going to happen.  I have already confirmed with my inside sources that the Dolphins are going to use the #3 to draft Sewell for themselves.   Roll Eyes
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2021, 01:43:22 pm »

As much as I would have loved to have Fitzpatrick back, I'm glad he's gone; it would have been to easy to put him in if Tua was playing bad.  It's time to have Tua play out the full season and see what kind of player he is.

Why not gamble a late round pick on a project QB.  You draft a guy like Shane Buchelle or Ian Book, you never know
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2021, 02:19:24 pm »

Sorry, not going to happen.  I have already confirmed with my inside sources that the Dolphins are going to use the #3 to draft Sewell for themselves.   Roll Eyes

I'm good with that...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2021, 02:26:52 pm »

I'm good with that...

So am I, as long as we get the WR in free agency.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 03:12:12 pm »

Why not gamble a late round pick on a project QB.  You draft a guy like Shane Buchelle or Ian Book, you never know

I'd rather just see them try and get by with the two guys on the practice squad, or pick up a cast off from another team that drafts a QB.  I just don't see the point in wasting a draft pick on a "project QB" when you have your franchise QB for the next 13 years in his first full year of play.  And IF Tua does completely fail, then let the team fail miserably so they can get as high a pick as possible to draft a QB next year.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 08:41:49 am »

I love how my 49ers are handling free agency so far. They aren't going after any flashy signings, they are signing their own (Trent Williams, Kyle Juszczyk, and adding depth to the O-line with Alex Mack.

My kinda free agency...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 09:11:53 am »

And still news out of Miami. I Wish that they would do SOMETHING. To me it feels like the rest of the AFC East is going to need to get into an arms race with the Patsies.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 09:38:24 am »

And still news out of Miami. I Wish that they would do SOMETHING. To me it feels like the rest of the AFC East is going to need to get into an arms race with the Patsies.

It's looking like we are going to get the Patriots center or a WR, not both. Our improvements will have to come through the draft and that probably meanstrading back from 3 for hopefully a King's ransom.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 09:39:09 am »

I love how my 49ers are handling free agency so far. They aren't going after any flashy signings, they are signing their own (Trent Williams, Kyle Juszczyk, and adding depth to the O-line with Alex Mack.

My kinda free agency...

Considering his age, I could only assume the 6 year deal for Trent is really a 2-3 year deal filled with your typical NFL contract shenanigans.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2021, 10:58:36 am »

Considering his age, I could only assume the 6 year deal for Trent is really a 2-3 year deal filled with your typical NFL contract shenanigans.

A wee bit of shenanigans, I suppose, but since Trent was the top rated OT in the league last season, I have no issues with paying the man whatever he needs.

~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 11:10:57 am »

A wee bit of shenanigans, I suppose, but since Trent was the top rated OT in the league last season, I have no issues with paying the man whatever he needs.

Seeing as how a guard just got $16 Million a year, hard to deny the best LT $23 Million a year. The O-Line market is going to crash like the Housing Market did in 2008. Completely unsustainable, big correction coming within 3-4 years.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 04:13:59 pm »

The money isn't the issue for me.  It's the contract length.  This guy is 32 and plays one of the most violent positions in the game.  No way he plays out this entire contract. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2021, 04:19:44 pm »

Looks like Ol' Bill wants the Pats back in the Super Bowl

There is a shocking hot take if I ever saw one.  Belichick wants to win another Superbowl.  Who would have thought. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2021, 07:56:54 pm »

Washington signs Curtis Samuel for 3 years.

It's now Ju Ju or nothing for us.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2021, 07:55:26 am »

Washington signs Curtis Samuel for 3 years.

It's now Ju Ju or nothing for us.
Samuel isn't all that, I don't get the hype.  There are a lot of veteran WRs still available, plus Chase/Smith/Waddle could all be special WRs, better than anyone that was a FA, as none of the FA this year really seemed like true dominant #1 WRs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray