Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:12:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Free Agency moves
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Free Agency moves  (Read 5963 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: March 15, 2021, 07:22:51 pm »

Looks like Ol' Bill wants the Pats back in the Super Bowl  He is spending money like crazy over there and he seems like he has something to prove without Tom Brady.  In the past ten years, he's spend a total of $400 million on free agents.  He's getting close to half that just today.  
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:44:16 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 07:26:32 pm »

It's a wise move by him. They need talent and have cap space, it all depends on Cam or whoever their QB will be, but 10 wins isn't out of the question with the right moves and some luck.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 07:45:23 pm »

It's a wise move by him. They need talent and have cap space, it all depends on Cam or whoever their QB will be, but 10 wins isn't out of the question with the right moves and some luck.

Cam is a stopgap right now.  I think they go after a second tier QB in the draft like a Mac Jones or Kyle Trask who will sit and learn under Cam.  And if Cam falters like he did last season, they will turn the reigns over to whoever they draft.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 07:43:26 am »

Fitzmagic to the Washington Football Team.  Thanks for the memories Fitz!  WFT is a good fit for him (plus it keeps him out of the AFC lol).
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 08:25:45 am »

Fitzmagic to the Washington Football Team.  Thanks for the memories Fitz!  WFT is a good fit for him (plus it keeps him out of the AFC lol).

It's a great fit for him, he should definitely be the starter and considering the division, he may finally go to the playoffs.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 08:50:40 am »

Jets sign Carl Lawson.

At this point, I don't know what pass rushers are left but we are either signing a budget player or drafting a DE. Hopefully, this means we are signing a top WR and not using our #3 pick on one. This has not been the best free agent period for us so far, I wasn't expecting blockbusters but the other AFC East teams are doing far better than us.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 08:54:39 am »

Jets sign Carl Lawson.

At this point, I don't know what pass rushers are left but we are either signing a budget player or drafting a DE. Hopefully, this means we are signing a top WR and not using our #3 pick on one. This has not been the best free agent period for us so far, I wasn't expecting blockbusters but the other AFC East teams are doing far better than us.
There are a lot of guys left that could fit in, just not the expensive free agents.  Clowney (if he doesn't ask too much) and drafting a guy might be the best way to go.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 09:12:48 am »

Clowney has looked like shit 2 years running now. I would give him 1 year/$3 Million at most and see if he shows anything but he can't be our answer at DE.

At this rate, we are absolutely auctioning off our #3 pick.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 09:57:53 am »

Clowney has looked like shit 2 years running now. I would give him 1 year/$3 Million at most and see if he shows anything but he can't be our answer at DE.

At this rate, we are absolutely auctioning off our #3 pick.
You sound kind of distraught we didn't blow our wad on a guy like Bud Dupree.  There are plenty of bargin bin guys that are serviceable or were great and could have a career resurgence.  It's kind of been the mold all along with Miami.  There will be plenty of good DE prospects if we go that way with the #18 pick and even in the second round.  Trust the process.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 10:24:21 am »

Pats just signed Hunter Henry to pair with Judon Smith who they signed yesterday.  Looks like Ol' Bill is trying to duplicate the Gronk/Hernandez two tight end set. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 10:38:23 am »

Pats just signed Hunter Henry to pair with Judon Smith who they signed yesterday.  Looks like Ol' Bill is trying to duplicate the Gronk/Hernandez two tight end set. 

Who is the other TE beside Hunter Henry?

Ah...Jonnu Smith is the other TE, and Matthew Judon is the DL they signed.  Got it

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 01:06:18 pm »

You sound kind of distraught we didn't blow our wad on a guy like Bud Dupree.  There are plenty of bargin bin guys that are serviceable or were great and could have a career resurgence.  It's kind of been the mold all along with Miami.  There will be plenty of good DE prospects if we go that way with the #18 pick and even in the second round.  Trust the process.

They've done more good than bad but we have also made mistakes too. I know we can't just sign whoever we want, but the draft is a crapshoot on terms on if the player works out and if he falls to you. Who says any of the Top 3 guys we want at 18 will be there?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 01:07:32 pm »

As much as I would have loved to have Fitzpatrick back, I'm glad he's gone; it would have been to easy to put him in if Tua was playing bad.  It's time to have Tua play out the full season and see what kind of player he is.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 01:10:31 pm »

The Jets have a ton of cap space, so they should be going after a lot of players, especially since the GM is now in the hot seat.  He didn't want to spend any money last year, and Darnold was left without any receivers (Darnold may be a decent QB, hard to judge him when there are no players around him).
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 01:14:10 pm »

The Jets have a ton of cap space, so they should be going after a lot of players, especially since the GM is now in the hot seat.  He didn't want to spend any money last year, and Darnold was left without any receivers (Darnold may be a decent QB, hard to judge him when there are no players around him).

I hope the Jets stick with Darnold and draft Sewell or one of the WRs. A ransom ould be had for our #3 pick then. I imagine it will have been traded weeks earlier but if we wait until the last minute, the phone will be off the hook.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray