Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:28:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Coaches who refuse to get COVID vaccine are being fired
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Coaches who refuse to get COVID vaccine are being fired  (Read 3234 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: July 23, 2021, 04:41:52 pm »

So far, both the Vikings and the Pats OL coaches have refused to get the COVID vaccine and have been relieved of their duties.   Lawyers are going to have a field day with this.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 05:00:39 pm »

Employers can mandate vaccines as a requirement of employment, it's already been lawyered.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 06:53:29 pm »

I wish more employers would take this approach. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 11:10:31 am »

Lawyers are going to take dumb people’s money.  Anti-vax isn’t a protected class.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 11:13:46 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 11:23:33 am »

Lawyers are going to take dumb people’s money.  Anti-vax isn’t a protected class.

Only dumb lawyers.  These are typically contingency cases.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 02:22:06 pm »

This is a bit different from other vaccines since it isn't FDA approved and ex-employees can absolutely point to it's ineffectiveness and side effects as a reason not to get it. I'm not saying they will definitely win but this is a lot different from the polio vaccine.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 02:38:51 pm »

This is a bit different from other vaccines since it isn't FDA approved and ex-employees can absolutely point to it's ineffectiveness and side effects as a reason not to get it. I'm not saying they will definitely win but this is a lot different from the polio vaccine.

This is what i'm saying, they've ALREADY sued, and lost .. and got fired.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 03:33:07 pm »

This is what i'm saying, they've ALREADY sued, and lost .. and got fired.

Every case can be a bit different. Some Judges see it differently than others. I think with more evidence coming out of people dying from COVID while double vaccinated like in UK, some judge will rule in their favor. It's just costly and time consuming, so not like we have hundreds of cases a day.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 02:25:15 pm »

Coach Flores made an very interesting reveal today.

Brian Flores said he will “not... pressure anyone [to get vaccinated], am not going to judge anyone’s commitment to the team. Give them the information, allow them to make their choice.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 07:38:42 pm »

Coach Flores made an very interesting reveal today.

Brian Flores said he will “not... pressure anyone [to get vaccinated], am not going to judge anyone’s commitment to the team. Give them the information, allow them to make their choice.”

Not very surprising to hear him say that. He doesn't want to fire a coach or bench a player and lessen his chances of winning. He's one of the coaches in the NFL that seem to have total blessing from ownership so he won't be pressured into anything.

As long as we make the playoffs this year.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 09:04:52 pm »

Not very surprising to hear him say that. He doesn't want to fire a coach or bench a player and lessen his chances of winning. He's one of the coaches in the NFL that seem to have total blessing from ownership so he won't be pressured into anything.

As long as we make the playoffs this year.

And in doing so he increases the risk of losing game to a forfeit.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 09:13:28 pm »

And in doing so he increases the risk of losing game to a forfeit.

Things are changing on a daily basis, today the CDC said the vaccinated should wear masks again despite vaccines supposedly being the end of masks so you don't know what tomorrow is going to bring. I would be quite surprised if any NFL owner would go along with a forfeit because a bunch of healthy 25 year olds got an illness they didn't even know they had.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2021, 07:57:22 am »

Things are changing on a daily basis, today the CDC said the vaccinated should wear masks again despite vaccines supposedly being the end of masks so you don't know what tomorrow is going to bring. I would be quite surprised if any NFL owner would go along with a forfeit because a bunch of healthy 25 year olds got an illness they didn't even know they had.

Exactly the point.  The virus has a 99.7% survival rate.  Healthy men in their 20s and 30s are not going to die from this.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2021, 08:43:57 am »

I suspect the new guidelines aren’t about getting the vaccinated to wear a mask but get the unvaccinated to wear one.  The guidelines that the vaccinated could remotely their masks has been an unmitigated disaster because now most of the unvaccinated are not wearing masks and stores/business etc have little they can do other than ask that people respect the honor system.  Going back to everyone being required to wear a mask fixes the problem of those that are neither vaccinated nor obey the signs say unvaccinated people are still required to wear a mask. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2021, 02:05:53 pm »

I saw a study in England of 20,000 people who had had Covid and survived. They found that Survivors who get reinfected have lower viral loads which make them less likely to become unwell or spread the virus. I think I know the answer but I have to wonder why no one is talking about this in the US. Lots of people in the NFL have already had it too.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray