Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:33:03 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  TDMMC back up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC back up  (Read 2223 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 24, 2021, 10:00:05 am »

We had a server issue, but things were outdated, so our hosting company updated our stuff and we're fully back up.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 12:52:48 pm »

Good to see.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 07:57:29 pm »

I was wondering what happened to the site.  It was down for nearly a week.  I was worried that the unthinkable happened.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:40:40 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 08:51:48 pm »

I first thought pay the bill. Second I thought Dave tired of political talk. Third I feared something bad happened.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 10:41:43 pm »

it was the 3rd .. server kinda blew up, so there was some recovery and then moving stuff. We're actually on the "cloud" now. progress.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 02:28:53 pm »

Seems like you have a few glitches left. When I try to post in certain threads I keep getting a screen that says to contact the Admin if I keep seeing this error screen. Or one that says that I've already submitted the post. Yet my post isn't there.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 02:31:52 pm by pondwater » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 08:04:27 pm »

Why I keep getting this message 80% of the time I try to post?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 09:59:31 pm »

Why I keep getting this message 80% of the time I try to post?

Damnit Dave, blocking him still isn't working.  Grin
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 10:40:00 pm »

I have been seeing that message when I try to copypaste certain text from articles into my post.  There's some sort of text characters that cannot be processed by the forum software since the update.

I tried a bunch of different things, but ultimately the only way I was able to get around it was to manually retype the article I wanted to cite.  Admins, I can provide you an example if needed.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 08:28:08 am »

I couldn't post yesterday and I tried from a few different devices and locations. Not sure if it is fixed now but I just posted what wouldn't post yesterday.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 09:21:34 am »

I haven't seen any posting issues personally .. it could be cache related. It'd be great if i could see the error myself so i could debug it
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 10:01:18 am »

I haven't seen any posting issues personally .. it could be cache related. It'd be great if i could see the error myself so i could debug it
I get the error message I posted above. But sometimes I get one that says something like "You have already submitted this post please refresh this page", but my post never actually posts to the thread. Also, when I tried to upload a screenshot of the error message, it wouldn't let me upload the attachment. Page comes up and says, "Cannot access attachments upload path!"

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2021, 12:09:19 pm »

Here you go, Fau:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/08/24/republicans-keep-hiding-behind-white-democrats-shift-vaccine-hesitancy-blame-onto-blacks/

Try to copypaste the text of that article into a post here (I'm sure you have no problem getting around the paywall) and you'll get a database error.  If you need some help narrowing the problem down, the exact paragraphs that I had to manually retype are in this post.  The characters that are causing the database error are somewhere in that section of text from the original article.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 02:31:34 pm »

I also noticed that after the forums came back up that there were many old posts with C&P text that had odd characters inserted that weren't there previously. So it is isn't just for new posts, it seems site wide. See random post below.

"We are always for voter ID. We are never for disproportionate voter ID,” Clyburn added. “When you tell me that you got to have a photo ID, and a photo for a [college] student for an activity card is not good, but for a hunting license it is good, that’s where the rub is.”

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 03:27:00 pm »

Not fixed  ... I just tried to start new thread about the questionable selection of team captains but it wouldn't allow me to.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray