Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:26:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  This Is A Waiting Period
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: This Is A Waiting Period  (Read 5205 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2021, 09:47:25 am »

If we do lose to the Jags, and it's certainly possible because it is a weird travel game, then we won't be firing anyone if it isn't done the next day.

Maybe not the next day, but if there is a distinct lack of bums on seats the next week against Atlanta at Hard Rock Stadium onwards, there's got to be dead men walking...

The crunch will really come if we manage to lose to the Jets - at that stage the fans will have well and truly had enough and the pressure on Ross to deliver severed heads will be enormous. If it all comes to that, I predict the axe is going to start swinging before the bye week.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 10:20:29 am »

Maybe not the next day, but if there is a distinct lack of bums on seats the next week against Atlanta at Hard Rock Stadium onwards, there's got to be dead men walking...

The crunch will really come if we manage to lose to the Jets - at that stage the fans will have well and truly had enough and the pressure on Ross to deliver severed heads will be enormous. If it all comes to that, I predict the axe is going to start swinging before the bye week.

If we lose to the winless Jags, our season is over. Not just because we would be 1-5 but because we couldn't even beat the worst team in the league. There is no rock bottom after that, this is it. If that happens and no one is fired, they'll be fired at the end of the year when the Eagles own the #1 pick in the draft.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2021, 10:50:34 am »

^^^ Pretty good chance that Philly ends up with 3 top-10 picks in next year's draft. That's just crazy...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2021, 11:50:30 am »

^^^ Pretty good chance that Philly ends up with 3 top-10 picks in next year's draft. That's just crazy...

Eagles are trending downwards in a big way, so if this does happen, and it really isn't crazy to imagine, they need to fire their GM. The incoming GM will be thrilled with this draft haul. For their sake, hope he isn't an idiot that trades down and trades up and ends up worse off.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2021, 09:09:13 am »

If we lose to the winless Jags, our season is over. Not just because we would be 1-5 but because we couldn't even beat the worst team in the league. There is no rock bottom after that, this is it. If that happens and no one is fired, they'll be fired at the end of the year when the Eagles own the #1 pick in the draft.

How can he not be fired after yesterday? What is left? Is Ross really going to ride this out until 2-15 or wait until the final 2 games when we are 2-13? We just let the Jaguars snap a 20 game losing streak against us, there is no help coming. There is no "winnable" game after that. We are without a doubt the worst team in the league and just proved that we will lose to everyone.

Is it me? Am I insane for wanting firings right now?
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2021, 09:40:07 am »

How can he not be fired after yesterday? What is left? Is Ross really going to ride this out until 2-15 or wait until the final 2 games when we are 2-13? We just let the Jaguars snap a 20 game losing streak against us, there is no help coming. There is no "winnable" game after that. We are without a doubt the worst team in the league and just proved that we will lose to everyone.

Is it me? Am I insane for wanting firings right now?

I'm backing you Edge.  Something needs to be done even from an optics standpoint for the FANS.  We fans have endured alot.  I'm 51 yrs old and I have been a fan since I knew what NFL football was.  I was born in Miami but moved when I was a baby, but my parents were there when the Dolphins became a team.  My Dad says eh remembers them giving away tickets at the local Bruger King for cheap or free.

I thought that 1-15 season was the worst feeling I had as a Fins fan, but this season is slowly creeping towards those same feels.  We are now in the same league as JAX, DET and HOU as piss poor franchises.

Used to laugh at the Bengals and Browns for their ineptitude, but we have taken over those reigns and running that horse HARD.  Browns have made the playoffs, and things are looking up for the Bengals and some serious playmakers on the offensive side.

I really wish Ross would sell the team and let someone else take over.  Yes, i know the guy wants to win and throws money at whatever, but obiviously it's not working.  Sometime guys are snake-bitten and don't know when to quit.  you'd think with his business accumen he would realize this, but I guess not.

Damn, these are some really crappy days to be a Dolphisn fan.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2021, 09:49:20 am »

^^^

Ross is 81 years old, so he isn't going to sell the team because at 81 money doesn't mean much anymore when you are already a billionaire. He wants to win a Superbowl at all costs and I appreciate that but he is terrible at picking football people. At this point, I would prefer if he just walks into the Monday Night Football booth and ask them what he should do. I don't know if we have anyone in the organization capable of turning this around.

We need a Parcells type to take over the whole franchise but I don't know who could and it isn't Bill Cowher either.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2021, 12:18:34 pm »

I really wish Ross would sell the team and let someone else take over.  Yes, i know the guy wants to win and throws money at whatever, but obiviously it's not working.  Sometime guys are snake-bitten and don't know when to quit.  you'd think with his business accumen he would realize this, but I guess not.

When TommyNoleFin the traitor switched to Tampa Bay on Phinfever, he said that as long as Ross is the Dolphins owner, they have no hope.   I'm starting to think he might've been right on the money.  
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2021, 12:40:34 pm »

When TommyNoleFin the traitor switched to Tampa Bay on Phinfever, he said that as long as Ross is the Dolphins owner, they have no hope.   I'm starting to think he might've been right on the money.  

Didn't have much hope with the previous owners either. I don't think Ross is a problem when compared to other owners because he truly wnats to win and will spend money, he just doesn't pick the right guys. He needs to find one guy to give total control too but those are few and far between and usually end in disaster like Gruden.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2021, 01:01:11 pm »

Nov 11    8:20 PM ET    vs. BAL

Week 10 is a Thursday Night Game against Baltimore which of course we will get stomped on, leading to a long week until our next game against the Jets. If we aren't going to clean house today, next best chance to do it is after the Ravens game so the new regime has some time toget things in order and then start off with an "easy" game against the Jets.

If we don't do it then, either we are on a winning streak and we are waiting until after the season is done. I got almost nothing left in trying to make sense of the continued employment of these dopes.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2021, 01:10:31 pm »

Didn't have much hope with the previous owners either. I don't think Ross is a problem when compared to other owners because he truly wnats to win and will spend money, he just doesn't pick the right guys. He needs to find one guy to give total control too but those are few and far between and usually end in disaster like Gruden.

Huizenga was a good owner.   His one big mistake was letting Jimmy Johnson convince him to just promote Dave Wannstedt rather than search externally for a coach after Johnson retired.   

Ross is a complete buffoon who has caused this franchise one public embarrassment after another.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2021, 04:10:35 pm »

Huizenga was a good owner.   His one big mistake was letting Jimmy Johnson convince him to just promote Dave Wannstedt rather than search externally for a coach after Johnson retired.   

Ross is a complete buffoon who has caused this franchise one public embarrassment after another.

I agree completely with your take.  The JJ fiasco with Wannstache was a disaster and set this team back.  Ross is a fool with his money. 

I'd rather be lucky than good.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2021, 04:41:49 pm »

What makes me nervous about a sale is that whomever the new owner is may decide to move the team. I'm not even in Miami and I would hate to see them moved. Aren't any of you natives worried that that could happen with a sale?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2021, 04:53:42 pm »

What makes me nervous about a sale is that whomever the new owner is may decide to move the team. I'm not even in Miami and I would hate to see them moved. Aren't any of you natives worried that that could happen with a sale?

I'm in NY and I would want them to stay in Miami too. That being said, Miami is a premiere location in America. Teams move TO Miami, not away from it. It isn't like taking a franchise out of Iowa or something.

I would be more concerned with new ownership being cheap scum like Stan Kroenke and only caring about profit.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2021, 05:05:43 pm »

Not worried about the dolphins moving, at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray