Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:51:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game falcons
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game falcons  (Read 2073 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 24, 2021, 06:12:46 pm »

The cosmos. This team could be 4-3

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 07:50:27 pm »

Me for believing in them....again.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 08:41:21 pm »

The hangover!!!

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 11:53:01 am »

The cosmos. This team could be 4-3

In what universe?

This team sucks and we are aimless.

Flores gets the shame again because we're not taking advantage of our opportunities.  To take the lead late in the game and absolutely know that you're going to lose anyway isn't a good sign.

Our offense is this:
1st down -- run for 3-5 yards
2nd down -- dink pass -- sometimes incomplete, sometimes for a loss in the flat, sometimes for a 2 yard gain.
3rd down -- pass within 1 yard of the 1st down marker.

Now, sometimes this works and you move the ball.  But it doesn't work over the course of the game.  Eventually you make a mistake and it's the end of the drive.   Also, you're always going to have to get a TD from the 10 yard line.  We don't ever call plays even remotely downfield until its a necessity.

We also lead the league in drops, which doesn't help.

We have a ton of talent on defense and they can keep it somewhat close, but will ultimately fold when needed.

The expectations are low for this team and we can't even rise to the expected level of mediocrity.  We're losing to bad teams and we're losing at home and on neutral fields.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 12:30:47 pm »

^^^

I'm not going to say we should be 4-3 but we have had 3 walk off losses already this season, that has to be a record for a FULL season let alone within the first 7 games. Coaching has made us 1-6 but I truly feel we are a 4-3 or even 5-2 team.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 12:37:40 pm »

We can't score points.  I don't even know where any of this is coming from.  We play really well in a half and then have 10 points.   It's a fairly regular thing.

Then, you make one or two mistakes and lose the game because you weren't able to get points when you had the chance.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 01:05:16 pm »

We can't score points.  I don't even know where any of this is coming from.  We play really well in a half and then have 10 points.   It's a fairly regular thing.

Then, you make one or two mistakes and lose the game because you weren't able to get points when you had the chance.

Yes, and despite all of this, we lost 3 games on the last snap. Not saying we are a playoff team but based on the way the first 7 games have played out, it isn't unfathomable to think we could've went 4-3. We didn't and we are about to lose by 9000 points this Sunday but talent wise we shouldn't be 1-7. Kliff Kingsbury coaches the first 7 games and we are 5-2. We may still have problems but good coaching wins close games and bad coaching loses them.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 02:16:22 pm »

Yes, and despite all of this, we lost 3 games on the last snap. Not saying we are a playoff team but based on the way the first 7 games have played out, it isn't unfathomable to think we could've went 4-3. We didn't and we are about to lose by 9000 points this Sunday but talent wise we shouldn't be 1-7. Kliff Kingsbury coaches the first 7 games and we are 5-2. We may still have problems but good coaching wins close games and bad coaching loses them.

I could flip the story and say that we shouldn't have won the game we did: The Pats fumbled away the win.  We're a lot closer to being 0-7 than 5-2.

Also, the fact that we're even in games against Atlanta at home and Jacksonville on a neutral field is telling.  We should be able to put Jacksonville away before the half is over.  That we're even still needing things to happen late in the 4th quarter against these teams tells you how bad we are.  As bad as we have played, we were still 3 point favorites to Atlanta and we're even underperforming that.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 02:51:59 pm »

I could flip the story and say that we shouldn't have won the game we did: The Pats fumbled away the win.  We're a lot closer to being 0-7 than 5-2.

Also, the fact that we're even in games against Atlanta at home and Jacksonville on a neutral field is telling.  We should be able to put Jacksonville away before the half is over.  That we're even still needing things to happen late in the 4th quarter against these teams tells you how bad we are.  As bad as we have played, we were still 3 point favorites to Atlanta and we're even underperforming that.

Good points. I think we can meet in the middle and say we are a bad 4-3 and not on the same level as playoff teams. The fact that no one got fired after Jacksonville shows how much of a trainwreck we are. If no one gets fired after the 78689696987 point loss to Buffalo, no one will during the season.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 03:11:12 pm »

We have zero big plays. Hard to score on 12-15 plays each time. Other teams can turn a 5 yard slant pass into a 30 yard td but we seem content to pass behind the line and hopefully pick up 5-6 yards.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 04:21:01 pm »

We have zero big plays. Hard to score on 12-15 plays each time. Other teams can turn a 5 yard slant pass into a 30 yard td but we seem content to pass behind the line and hopefully pick up 5-6 yards.

We don't have a lot of time to make plays due to our O-Line and for some reason Flores is the last person on the planet who doesn't know hat Myles Gaskin is our best back and needs at least 20 touches a game. Hard to make big plays when everyone knows you are passing and have 1 second to throw.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 04:40:41 pm »

We don't have a lot of time to make plays due to our O-Line and for some reason Flores is the last person on the planet who doesn't know hat Myles Gaskin is our best back and needs at least 20 touches a game. Hard to make big plays when everyone knows you are passing and have 1 second to throw.
Also, compounding the issue is that our receivers don't get enough separation to get YAC. And even when they do, they don't break tackles, make people miss, or stay in bounds.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 05:10:49 pm »

Also, compounding the issue is that our receivers don't get enough separation to get YAC. And even when they do, they don't break tackles, make people miss, or stay in bounds.

Or stay healthy. 3 of our 4 wideouts can't even stay on the field, thank God we drafted a WR, even if we got the wrong one due to a dumb trade.

Open the bank for Gesicki.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2021, 09:03:40 pm »

Or stay healthy. 3 of our 4 wideouts can't even stay on the field, thank God we drafted a WR, even if we got the wrong one due to a dumb trade.

Open the bank for Gesicki.
That damn Fuller. I think he's making $10 million fully guaranteed and he has like 4-5 receptions. Wonder how much he'll make per catch by the end of the season. Probably like 10 receptions at a cool million a catch. Fucking garbage

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2021, 07:34:18 am »

That damn Fuller. I think he's making $10 million fully guaranteed and he has like 4-5 receptions. Wonder how much he'll make per catch by the end of the season. Probably like 10 receptions at a cool million a catch. Fucking garbage

Yes, that is another frustrating move by the Dolphins Personnel Dept.  Fuller had a 100% deserved reputation at Houston as being Devante Parker 2.0 with the injuries.  In fact, a lot of people angrily nicknamed him Fragile Fuller because he was always injured.  I get it that the guy has good hands and is blazing fast.  But neither of those traits help your team if he doesn't suit up.  Point being it isn't as if it wasn't already well documented that Fuller is injury prone before the Dolphins signed him. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray