Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Raise your glasses, gentlemen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Raise your glasses, gentlemen  (Read 1747 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 03:10:31 pm »

One more year down.  It'd be nice to die with this record in tact.
If you had to pick one or the other, would you rather die with the undefeated record in tact or see Miami win a Superbowl or two.

I'm switching my diet to 100% bacon to better my chances.
Hell, you might lose some weight and have more energy. Keto does work, LMAO

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2021, 03:21:22 pm »

There are probably some current Dolphin's players whose parents weren't alive last time the Dolphins won the Superbowl.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2021, 01:32:11 am »

If you had to pick one or the other, would you rather die with the undefeated record in tact or see Miami win a Superbowl or two.
As long as MIA is the only undefeated champion, that means more to me than any SB victory.

Do you think Colts fans today still enjoy and celebrate their SB win in '06?  Or Giants fans with the wins in '07 and '11?  Hell, Philly already fired the coach that won the only SB in their history just 4 years ago.

A team wins the Super Bowl every year.  As soon as the next one wins, you're just another disappointed fan base.  The Perfect Season gives Dolphin fans something to celebrate every year.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2021, 11:54:22 am »

As long as MIA is the only undefeated champion, that means more to me than any SB victory.

Do you think Colts fans today still enjoy and celebrate their SB win in '06?  Or Giants fans with the wins in '07 and '11?  Hell, Philly already fired the coach that won the only SB in their history just 4 years ago.

A team wins the Super Bowl every year.  As soon as the next one wins, you're just another disappointed fan base.  The Perfect Season gives Dolphin fans something to celebrate every year.

I agree.  And that was an excellent way to frame it.  I had never thought about it that way before. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2021, 01:56:28 pm »

I agree also. However, it would be nice to see a little progress in this century though lol

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2021, 02:54:23 pm »

I agree also. However, it would be nice to see a little progress in this century though lol

True.  I've just had my hopes dashed by this organization for so long that I try to restrain my optimism.   Cheesy
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 04:13:51 pm »

It's not a matter of if, but when another team comes along and goes undefeated. 1985 Bears, 2007 Patsies. All you need is an exceptionally talented team with a little bit of luck, and then the Dolphins' only claim to fame will be wiped out. And then what will we be left with?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2021, 04:24:45 pm »

I really can't get into this type of celebration anymore when the Dolphins have sucked for so long.  It's okay for Csonk and the guys to celebrate, but for the fans I'm over it.  With longer seasons & playoffs now it is harder to go undefeated all the way through the SuperBowl.  I hate to say it but the Patriots team that lost in the SuperBowl was probably just as deserving.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2021, 04:58:50 pm »

I hate to say it but the Patriots team that lost in the SuperBowl was probably just as deserving.
Then don't say it. They got what they deserved.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2021, 05:45:37 pm »

It's not a matter of if, but when another team comes along and goes undefeated. 1985 Bears, 2007 Patsies. All you need is an exceptionally talented team with a little bit of luck, and then the Dolphins' only claim to fame will be wiped out. And then what will we be left with?
Most 15-1 teams don't even win the Super Bowl.
Most undefeated teams are run by cowards risk-averse head coaches who will shut it down the moment they clinch homefield.
The 2007 Patriots team was a perfect storm: a team with multiple titles and the job security to risk injury trying to make history, and a coach with the killer instinct to keep his foot on the gas all the way until the end of the game to prevent fluke comebacks.
And as the length of the season increases, the Perfect Season becomes harder and harder to match.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray