Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:17:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2021 Coaching Carousel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 2021 Coaching Carousel  (Read 5650 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2022, 02:51:19 pm »

Being reported out of Jacksonville ... the Jaguars are reportedly “close” to hiring Arizona Cardinals Vice President of Pro Scouting Adrian Wilson as their new general manager at the request of Leftwich

That would absolutely be the right call. I believe Hrabaugh couldn't work with him either and that's why he left. Jaguars wnership needs to hire the right people and the owner needs to focus on AEW with his son. Better yet, don't screw that up too. Just leave.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2022, 04:21:42 pm »

Being reported out of Jacksonville ... the Jaguars are reportedly “close” to hiring Arizona Cardinals Vice President of Pro Scouting Adrian Wilson as their new general manager at the request of Leftwich

That would absolutely be the right call. I believe Hrabaugh couldn't work with him either and that's why he left. Jaguars wnership needs to hire the right people and the owner needs to focus on AEW with his son. Better yet, don't screw that up too. Just leave.

And it makes sense as the two have worked together previously.  Leftwich was under Bruce Arians in Arizona.   
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2022, 05:33:54 am »

Looks like the Head Coach signings have begun:

Chicago Bears to hire former Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bears-to-hire-former-colts-defensive-coordinator-matt-eberflus-as-new-head-coach/
https://www.nfl.com/news/matt-eberflus-bears-hire-colts-dc-as-head-coach

Denver Broncos hiring Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/broncos-hiring-packers-oc-nathaniel-hackett-as-next-head-coach-replacing-vic-fangio/
https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-finalizing-deal-to-make-nathaniel-hackett-new-head-coach
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2022, 04:25:29 pm »

Texans are enamored with Josh McCown and he is a finalist for their HC job, some writers are saying he is the favorite. What else could be said about the Texans at this point?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2022, 07:12:24 pm »

Giants hire Brian Daboll as HC and "Miami is in no hurry to find their next head coach".

Well, everyone else is in a hurry to hire theirs so what the fuck are we doing? Going to end up with some RB Coach when this is all said and done.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2022, 02:18:00 pm »

Josh McDaniels is going to be the Raiders HC. I really have no comment other than this.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2022, 08:11:47 pm »

Josh McDaniels is going to be the Raiders HC. I really have no comment other than this.

He decided he was not going to be the "head coach in waiting" in New England and took his second shot at being a head coach.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2022, 01:13:36 pm »

NFL Network is reporting that Lovie Smith is very likely to be the next Head Coach of the Texans. Up until now, Lovie was not even mentioned for anything.

If I may throw out a guess, I think a certain league official went over to a certain team owner and said "If you hire that white QB with no coaching experience whatsoever over ANY MINORITY BUT BRIAN FLORES, the officiating will not be kind to you for the next 10 years".

And to be fair, McCown has no business being a Head Coach right now over guys like Lovie or Caldwell anyway. I just think with Flores somehow still being a finalist for the Texans job, the league let the team know what a bad idea that was and they need to hire someone else who won't add to a lawsuit.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2022, 06:58:28 pm »

NFL Network is reporting that Lovie Smith is very likely to be the next Head Coach of the Texans. Up until now, Lovie was not even mentioned for anything.

If I may throw out a guess, I think a certain league official went over to a certain team owner and said "If you hire that white QB with no coaching experience whatsoever over ANY MINORITY BUT BRIAN FLORES, the officiating will not be kind to you for the next 10 years".

And to be fair, McCown has no business being a Head Coach right now over guys like Lovie or Caldwell anyway. I just think with Flores somehow still being a finalist for the Texans job, the league let the team know what a bad idea that was and they need to hire someone else who won't add to a lawsuit.

LOL I was thinking someone from the league office was probably telling the Texans to hire Flores, and in return they would limit/eliminate the games Watson will be suspended for once he actually goes to take the field.  If I were the Texans I would suit up Watson just to force the league to start his suspension games clock.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray