Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:28:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2021 Coaching Carousel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 2021 Coaching Carousel  (Read 5637 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 16, 2021, 06:47:39 am »

I figured that since it is near the end of the season, we could get started on which coaches will not have jobs come the Monday after week 18.

So far, the Jacksonville Jaguars have already cut Urban Meyer loose after reports that he kicked his kicker in the leg during practice.

I knew the Urban Meyer experiment was going to fail and it did so in grand fashion.   College coaches rarely succeed in the NFL these days, especially ones who run gimmicks like a spread option offense.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 08:45:59 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 08:33:48 am »

Meyer kicked the kicker early in the seaosn and the team knew about it, so that was obviously used as an excuse to fire him so they wouldn't owe him money. Maybe Khan can say he didn't know about it until recently? However, he would have to prove that in court so he better not have an email about it with his name on it.

Urban was an unmitigated disaster. It's one thing to not being good enough, it's another to be one of the biggest assholes in the league and that's saying somthing. The facty that we lost to this team still makes me think Flores should've been fired that day.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 10:24:11 am »

After yesterday's meltdown in Denver, the Broncos have fired coach Vic Fangio
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 12:01:27 pm »

After yesterday's meltdown in Denver, the Broncos have fired coach Vic Fangio

If you can't go for it on 4th down when the season is already over, then you don't have the guts to be an NFL coach.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 12:06:31 pm »

Mike Zimmer in Minnesota is all but gone.

The most interesting scenario is in Seattle. They just said they won't trade Wilson but him and Carroll are now a disaster together with Pete just refusing to put the offense behind him anymore and instead relying on the run. An incredibly stupid move from the egomaniac. They can't co-exist for another lost season so if Wilson stays, I think Carroll leaves.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 12:11:16 pm »

Broncos need a new coach.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 07:54:28 pm »

Bears ownership has summoned Nagy for a meeting in Chicago tomorrow morning.  I'll bet my house and my business on him walking out of that meeting with a pink slip.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 09:29:51 am »

^^^

Looks like I would've won the bet!!   Matt Nagy has been fired and so has GM Ryan Pace.  Chicago is cleaning house.   Also Minnesota is following suit as coach Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman (bad memories of him) have been relieved of their duties.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 09:44:09 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 10:04:58 am »

Current Job Openings:

Miami
Chicago
Denver
Jacksonville
Minnesota

Potential Openings:

Giants
Seattle

As it currently stands, Miami is the most attractive landing spot right now followed by Denver.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2022, 12:24:42 pm »

It's not official yet, but the Giants might be keeping Joe Judge. Few reporters on Twitter say they are leaning towards it and the fact that it hasn't happened yet is pretty alarming for their fanbase.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 03:10:29 pm »

^ NYG keeping Judge is downright scary. He's... horrible. And listening to him... he just seems to be completely divorced from reality.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2022, 06:21:54 pm »

It's not official yet, but the Giants might be keeping Joe Judge. Few reporters on Twitter say they are leaning towards it and the fact that it hasn't happened yet is pretty alarming for their fanbase.

The Giants are going to implode next year.   The players hate Judge and want him gone.   Look for a player mutiny and for Judge to be fired mid season.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 06:46:26 pm »

I think once a new GM is hired Judge will be gone, doesn't make since to keep him dangling though.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2022, 02:03:33 pm »

I think once a new GM is hired Judge will be gone, doesn't make since to keep him dangling though.

The top candidates will be gone by the time they hire a new GM, so I think he stays. Giants ownership is notoriously stubborn and dumb, at this point it would be a shock if he was fired.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 05:40:02 pm »

Giants ownership gave in to the players.  Judge has been relieved of his duties
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 07:08:56 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray