Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:11:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  This may be why no one traded for Watson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: This may be why no one traded for Watson  (Read 2268 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 14, 2022, 10:02:56 am »

Found this on Phinfever.   A letter to Watson's current girlfriend from one of his victims.  After reading this, I don't want this guy anywhere near the Dolphins.   

https://www.thedailybeast.com/an-open-letter-to-jilly-anais-from-a-deshaun-watson-accuser?via=twitter_page
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 02:13:02 pm »

i'm a hard pass on this guy even without this letter
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 03:02:30 pm »

i'm a hard pass on this guy even without this letter

+1
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 07:51:04 pm »

Houston DA will present evidence before a Grand Jury on Friday against Watson. The old saying goes "A Grand Jury would indict a ham sandwich" and I expect no different. All an indictment means is that they can go forward with a trial because there is enough evidence to start, it's not a conviction. If all the DA has is some text messages, it's good enough.

However, this will destroy his trade value if it wasn't already low. I'm talking 3rd rounder in 2024 territory unless all charges are dropped due to a settlement. Even then, these clowns aren't getting a Russell Wilson package.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 04:57:51 pm »

UPDATE

Watson was cleared by the grand jury.   He will not be facing any criminal charges
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 08:39:31 pm »

UPDATE

Watson was cleared by the grand jury.   He will not be facing any criminal charges

To be cleared by a Grand Jury, there must have been ZERO evidence presented. Accusations are not evidence. I said something similar since day 1, unless there is video or texts, there is no case.

There will be no action against him and the women will go away. Houston is still probably not getting what they wanted but it should be a lot closer now.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 12:23:12 am »

If the grand jury declined to press charges, it means the prosecutor tanked the case.  Period, full stop.

There is no defense in a grand jury trial and the prosecution can present whatever evidence it likes with no rebuttal.  The prosecutor can literally submit the alleged victims' statements and nothing else as evidence, if they feel like it.

I can think of no situation in which a grand jury declines to indict that is NOT an example of a prosecutor trying to escape blame for his own reluctance to bring charges.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 12:24:45 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 09:32:05 am »

It’s a really good thing for him the Dolphins didn’t pull off the trade to get him. If they did he’d sure as heck have been charged!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2022, 06:40:05 pm »

The Eagles just traded for Watson.   Two first round picks this year (they have three), a first rounder next year, and Jalen Hurts.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2022, 06:45:00 pm »

The Eagles just traded for Watson.   Two first round picks this year (they have three), a first rounder next year, and Jalen Hurts.
Looks a win-win to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2022, 08:34:21 pm »

If the grand jury declined to press charges, it means the prosecutor tanked the case.  Period, full stop.

There is no defense in a grand jury trial and the prosecution can present whatever evidence it likes with no rebuttal.  The prosecutor can literally submit the alleged victims' statements and nothing else as evidence, if they feel like it.

I can think of no situation in which a grand jury declines to indict that is NOT an example of a prosecutor trying to escape blame for his own reluctance to bring charges.

Thing is, maybe all he had was the victim's statements. In that case, let the Grand Jury shut it down rather than destroy your career bringing charges with no evidence whatsoever.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2022, 10:47:44 pm »

If all the DA submitted was the victim's statements, we would be looking at an indictment now, because there would be nothing to contradict those statements.

That's the thing: the DA obviously wanted to shut this down, but didn't want to accept responsibility for it directly.  So instead, the DA passed the buck to a grand jury, then tanked it so they wouldn't come back with an indictment.

It is incredibly easy to get a grand jury to indict someone.
If they don't, it's because the prosecutor didn't want it.  It literally is that simple.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 10:49:25 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2022, 11:20:26 pm »

This is written as if it's a completed trade.  Where did you hear this?

It's not on NFL.com, ESPN, or the websites for the Eagles or Texans.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2022, 10:22:13 am »

Watson looks like he will be going to the Saints as they did their voodoo again with releases and contract restructures. The Federal Government isn't as good at manipulating money and budgets as the New Orleans Saints.

I still don't know how they would get Armstead though as they still don't have the room for Watson's $40 Million, let alone Armstead. I guess Watson could also restructure but there are limits to what can be done. For some reason, everyone is waiting on Armstead for every other domino to fall even though there are no LT's like him and the top O-Line FA left is a Center. Yet, that's what appears to be happening.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2022, 12:21:55 pm »

Watson looks like he will be going to the Saints as they did their voodoo again with releases and contract restructures. The Federal Government isn't as good at manipulating money and budgets as the New Orleans Saints.

I still don't know how they would get Armstead though as they still don't have the room for Watson's $40 Million, let alone Armstead. I guess Watson could also restructure but there are limits to what can be done. For some reason, everyone is waiting on Armstead for every other domino to fall even though there are no LT's like him and the top O-Line FA left is a Center. Yet, that's what appears to be happening.

I seriously doubt that.  They don't have the draft capital Philly does, nor the cap space.   I saw a tweet that the deal with Philly was done at the time I posted about it.   Now it's gone.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray