Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:39:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Trevor Bauer Suspended Two Years
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Trevor Bauer Suspended Two Years  (Read 4347 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: April 29, 2022, 04:21:11 pm »

https://theathletic.com/news/trevor-bauer-suspension-mlb-dodgers/aYCmQOPClnDJ/

No charges were ever filed against Bauer and the case is closed, so this is a mind boggling suspension. Trevor is.......a psychopath, to be blunt. He had consensual but really violent sex with some girl and to no one's surprise, she claimed rape and pressed charges. Those charges were thrown out due to lack of evidence and Bauer is now suing her. Anyone who enjoys violent sex is a psychopath and needs therapy.

He is appealing this and it's hard not to see how he won't win or have his suspension reduced by 80% or so. Two years without charges is unprecedented and MLBPA will probably bite their tongue and fight this for him, making sure something like this doesn't happen to other players. Other players have beat their wives and girlfriends and gotten way less suspension time than this, so an allegation without charges can't be more.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 07:50:54 pm »

He had consensual but really violent sex with some girl
Unless you specifically consent to the violence, this should not be referred to as "consensual."

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 09:17:22 pm »

Unless you specifically consent to the violence, this should not be referred to as "consensual."

It's called BDSM, and sometimes it can get violent.   
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 10:12:06 pm »

I repeat:

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 11:08:43 pm »

I repeat:

Well, a couple in a BDSM relationship knows that things can get violent at times and they accept that.   This girl probably accused him because they broke up and she was mad at him.   Women who do that are pieces of shit who should be thrown in jail if and when they are caught. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 11:56:28 pm »

I swear, it's like the concept of "consent" is like advanced calculus or something to a certain segment of the population.

She may have consented to sex.  That does not mean she consented to being punched in the face.  Bauer himself described her as, "a woman that I hardly knew."  So on what basis would you believe that she was a willing participant in a "BDSM relationship"?

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2022, 01:07:15 pm »

I repeat:

She did, requested to be choked several times. Like I said, I don't think much of "men" who get off on hurting women, but unless they are hiding something, she consented via text and saw him for years afterwards. He is a psycho, but an innocent one, this suspension will not stand and it's going to get real awkward in that Dodgers clubhouse when he comes back.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2022, 01:23:20 pm »

I repeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 08:20:53 pm »

I don't know the details but choking is a  far cry from face punching if that is indeed what we are talking about.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2022, 06:31:52 pm »

I don't know the details but choking is a  far cry from face punching if that is indeed what we are talking about.

There might have been some slapping, I'm not sure. Either way, he's a sick guy but two sick people doing consensual acts isn't cause for a 2 year suspension.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2022, 06:51:38 pm »

There might have been some slapping, I'm not sure. Either way, he's a sick guy but two sick people doing consensual acts isn't cause for a 2 year suspension.

If ONE of them didn't consent then it isn't consensual.  If she consented to some of what he did but not all of it then it wasn't consensual. If she consented and then after he began she told him to stop and he continued then it wasn't consensual.  If she was unconscious them she didn't consent.

Watch the video I posted.  It explains consent in easy to understand terms in less than 3 minutes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:55:25 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 09:16:58 am »

If ONE of them didn't consent then it isn't consensual.  If she consented to some of what he did but not all of it then it wasn't consensual. If she consented and then after he began she told him to stop and he continued then it wasn't consensual.  If she was unconscious them she didn't consent.

Watch the video I posted.  It explains consent in easy to understand terms in less than 3 minutes.

I understand consent, Trevor is saying it was all consensual and has the texts that show that she consented to these acts on several occasions and met up with him for years after the alleged assault took place. Only these two would really know what happened that night but there was a reason that no charges were made and the suspension ruling is all but guaranteed to be overturned. Especially when there is precedent for beating your wife IN PUBLIC AT AN MLB EVENT and only getting 81 games like Domingo German did for the Yankees.

Side note, love the Yankees policy of no long hair or beards so they look professional while they have TWO wife beaters on their pitching staff.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2022, 09:27:33 am »

I understand consent, Trevor is saying it was all consensual and has the texts that show that she consented to these acts on several occasions and met up with him for years after the alleged assault took place.

Neither of these things have to do with consent.

You can withdraw consent.  Just because you texted something doesn't mean you consented in the moment.  You can still hang out with someone after they've denied you consent, also.

The inability to prove the case in court is a legal standard, but that isn't necessarily a professional standard held by MLB.

I'm not saying he did or he didn't or what will happen, but the examples you are giving literally don't affect the accusations.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 09:42:11 am »

Neither of these things have to do with consent.

You can withdraw consent.  Just because you texted something doesn't mean you consented in the moment.  You can still hang out with someone after they've denied you consent, also.

The inability to prove the case in court is a legal standard, but that isn't necessarily a professional standard held by MLB.

I'm not saying he did or he didn't or what will happen, but the examples you are giving literally don't affect the accusations.

I'm looking at it more from a legal standpoint because the truth is, no one will ever know what happened that night unless reports and exams were done immediately. All we have to go on is that this was a consensual pattern in their sexual relationship and with no other evidence, there can be no charges filed.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2022, 10:00:50 am »

I realize there are many different factors in each situation but its kind of hard to buy it wasn't consensual when you went back for more. At best, it definitely makes it almost impossible to prove that it wasn't.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray