Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:19:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Nineteen children under the age of 10 killed in TX school shooting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Nineteen children under the age of 10 killed in TX school shooting  (Read 7860 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2022, 02:33:34 pm »

I don't know why I even bother to check, nothing you post is ever remotely true.

NYC 2023 police budget $5.53 billion.  2022 was $5.44 billion. That is an increase, less than the increase the police was asking for but still and increase. For context the Ukraine military budget for 2022 was $5.40 billion.  The NYC police department receives enough funding to go to war with Russia. 

Portland 21-22 $230 million.  Police department asked for $253.5 million.  CBO is recommending $240 million.  That is not defunding. (And larger than the military budget of Honduras).

Once again St. Paul saw increase as well.

Philly did see a budget cut because of an overall city budget problem not defending the police movement. 

LOL ... like always you post half of the facts to try and support your lies. It's basically the whole add some truth to the lie so they will believe it. They most certainly cut millions before adding it back recently.

Among the rallying cries were “defund the police” — a call for elected officials to reallocate some law enforcement funding elsewhere. In June 2020, the Portland City Council and the mayor answered by cutting millions from the police budget.

Now, a year and a half later, officials partially restored the cut funds. On Wednesday, the Portland City Council unanimously passed a fall budget bump that included increasing the current $230 million police budget by an additional $5.2 million.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/portland-among-u-s-cities-adding-funds-to-police-departments#:~:text=In%20June%202020%2C%20the%20Portland,partially%20restored%20the%20cut%20funds.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2022, 03:40:53 pm »

I originally only looked at current year's budget.  Portland did see a slight in 20-21 vs 19-20. After 18=20 saw growth that vastly exceeded inflation.  But that is not refund the police.

Defund the police is permanently cutting the police budget signifcantandly and shifting the money to social programs.  That has not happened.  A sight dip after multiple years of huge increases followed by another increase is not defund the police.

But why fund the police at all if they won't engage shooters?  Why does the Orlando police justify a single penny after letting people die for three hours?

What justificatilon exists for waiting three hours?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2022, 06:49:00 pm »

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/17/law-enforcement-failure-uvalde-shooting-investigation/

In total, 376 law enforcement officers — a force larger than the garrison that defended the Alamo — descended upon the school in a chaotic, uncoordinated scene that lasted for more than an hour. The group was devoid of clear leadership, basic communications and sufficient urgency to take down the gunman, the report says.

Well, you know what they say: you need at least 377 extensively-trained good guys with guns to stop one bad guy with a gun executing schoolchildren.  If it wasn't for Defund The Police, maybe our law enforcement could have had enough officers and weapons to quickly take down this one armed teenager.  Alas!

In conclusion, There's No Way We Can Prevent This Kind Of Thing From Happening, which is why it happens all the time in many countries all over the world, and not just in this broken country full of morons.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 06:56:10 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2022, 08:45:40 am »

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/17/law-enforcement-failure-uvalde-shooting-investigation/

In total, 376 law enforcement officers — a force larger than the garrison that defended the Alamo — descended upon the school in a chaotic, uncoordinated scene that lasted for more than an hour. The group was devoid of clear leadership, basic communications and sufficient urgency to take down the gunman, the report says.

Well, you know what they say: you need at least 377 extensively-trained good guys with guns to stop one bad guy with a gun executing schoolchildren.  If it wasn't for Defund The Police, maybe our law enforcement could have had enough officers and weapons to quickly take down this one armed teenager.  Alas!

In conclusion, There's No Way We Can Prevent This Kind Of Thing From Happening, which is why it happens all the time in many countries all over the world, and not just in this broken country full of morons.

The more that comes out the more it appears leadership and training were the issue. While some of them panicked under pressure the majority were doing as told.

We recently had a guy here in little ole Mt Dora kill his father and then shoot at police during a chase. The police didn't shy away and went right at him and eventually took him out. The ending of this chase and shootout is pretty intense but it's just small town cops doing their jobs as most officers do. they even saved the guy afterwards. For those reasons they will always get the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

https://youtu.be/WyCFQocjTOc
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 08:49:04 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2022, 12:01:02 pm »

The more that comes out the more it appears leadership and training were the issue. While some of them panicked under pressure the majority were doing as told.

We recently had a guy here in little ole Mt Dora kill his father and then shoot at police during a chase. The police didn't shy away and went right at him and eventually took him out. The ending of this chase and shootout is pretty intense but it's just small town cops doing their jobs as most officers do. they even saved the guy afterwards. For those reasons they will always get the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

https://youtu.be/WyCFQocjTOc

This video offers zero evidence that these police officers place the safety of the general population above their own.

Nobody denies that if you are firing a weapon at a police officer they will return fire.  Nor that a police officer will risk his life when a FELLOW POLICE OFFICER is being shot at.  The problem is police in Uvalde, Parkland, Pulse etc remain behind cover when it is children or civilians rather than other police who are at risk.

It should be noted that at 2:16 one of the police officers (deputy #2) if he had chosen to could have ended the chase eliminating the risk that the truck driver might crash into an innocent bystander.  However that would have required placing his safety at peril.  THAT would have been heroic.  He choose not to and rather followed behind the chase.  

It should also noted that while Grinnall makes a point of chastising media for not showing all of the video that he released it should be noted that he choose not to release the body and dash cam footage of deputy #2 allowing the fleeing suspect to pass by him without engaging.  When such an obvious example of the police selectively releasing cam footage to show an incomplete picture they don't get the benefit of the doubt and I wonder what else there might have been on the unreleased video portions that might not have shown the police in the most favorable light.  This video obviously does NOT begin at the beginning of call.  I wonder what else is missing.  

Also police doing their job should be the norm not a rare event.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 12:22:21 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2022, 06:10:50 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZG5eKfqGg

Somebody explain to me how the 911 dispatcher gets charged with manslaughter but the cops in Uvalde don't. 

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2022, 09:49:20 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZG5eKfqGg

Somebody explain to me how the 911 dispatcher gets charged with manslaughter but the cops in Uvalde don't. 

Texas vs. Pennsylvania
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2022, 09:59:31 am »

Because they're different cases in different areas, with different public sentiment.  Also, one can be an under-reaction and another an over-reaction.  It's a big country with a lot going on.

There's always "how was this old lady arrested for jay-walking but OJ walks free?" conversations but they're never helpful.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2022, 01:43:46 pm »

In general I caution to criticize police because most times it is proven they acted in the right. More people jump the gun to attack them than support them and are typically incorrect about most facts of the situation. That doesn't appear to be the case here.

Ever heard the term "we write the report?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFfH2UCfJ7E

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #144 on: August 11, 2022, 01:51:25 pm »

Ever heard the term "we write the report?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFfH2UCfJ7E
Um ... it's called evidence. I can't count on my hands how many liberals changed their tune once they went through a police training to see how easy it is for someong to kill them. I for one, am amazed how easy it is to shoot an officer by a running suspect who never even turns around. If the job was easy everyone would be doing it but no, just those irritating alphas.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #145 on: August 11, 2022, 01:54:51 pm »

The term "we write the report" does not mean "evidence"  But you are familiar with that term and what it means, right?   If you don't maybe watch that video.   

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2022, 02:03:18 pm »

The term "we write the report" does not mean "evidence"  But you are familiar with that term and what it means, right?   If you don't maybe watch that video.   
And what happens when the "report" doesn't match the evidence? Do they discount the evidence or the report?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #147 on: August 11, 2022, 05:50:16 pm »

And what happens when the "report" doesn't match the evidence? Do they discount the evidence or the report?

Problem is sometimes the report is all of the "evidence"  However, random citizen with a cell phone camera is what allows us to know the truth.

This was the "report" in the Floyd case. 

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1384622849562873856/photo/1

After viewing the body camera footage but this was the report. 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray