Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:33:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady's divorce
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brady's divorce  (Read 1873 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 28, 2022, 06:43:47 pm »

If your wife would divorce you over playing one more season, maybe your marriage was not that strong anyway.

My two cents

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 08:05:00 pm »

Or perhaps she had already told him that if he played another season she would divorce him? Heck perhaps Brady even decided to play another season after being told that. As you said it's pretty obvious this isn't just about playing one more year of football.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 08:08:20 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 02:18:17 pm »

I think it’s awesome. As everyone knows I hate Tom Brady and view him as one of the worst people since Ghengis Khan. I hate everything about the man so to his life disintegrate and his last season be as a wash up, it’s fantastic. Not worth the 2 decades of suffering from this pile of puke but it’s something at least.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 08:23:27 pm »

I feel bad for him.

A failing marriage is a sad thing.

Whatever happened, it wasn't about a season of football.  I'm sure that was just one thing in a long history of not making it work.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 10:24:24 am »

Or perhaps she had already told him that if he played another season she would divorce him? Heck perhaps Brady even decided to play another season after being told that. As you said it's pretty obvious this isn't just about playing one more year of football.

I recall him mentioning she wanted him to retire when he tore his ACL.  I am pretty sure he heard, “its me and the kids or football” many seasons.  This one she decided to actually follow thru.

He is a great football player, who became great by putting football first.  He has never been a “family first” guy.  My mom’s dislike of Brady stems from his breaking up with Bridget M. while she was pregnant.

A lot of people who are great at one thing do so at the expense of family.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 01:54:56 pm »

I think it’s awesome. As everyone knows I hate Tom Brady and view him as one of the worst people since Ghengis Khan. I hate everything about the man so to his life disintegrate and his last season be as a wash up, it’s fantastic. Not worth the 2 decades of suffering from this pile of puke but it’s something at least.

Sports is not a healthy hobby for you then.  You view Tom Brady as one of the worst people in 800 years of human history?  How many war criminals, mass murders, serial rapists, slave owners, and terrorists do you put him ahead of?  

Sports can be a healthy pastime, but when  you begin wishing harm on rival teams players it is no longer healthy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 03:35:32 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 03:22:18 pm »

Sports is not a healthy hobby for you then.  You view Tom Brady as one of the worst people in 800 years of human history?  How many war criminals, mass murders, aerial rapists, slave owners, and terrorists do you put him ahead of? 

Sports can be a healthy pastime, but when  you begin wishing harm on rival teams players it is no longer healthy.

Tom is a microcosm of everything wrong with American society, cheat to win, Trump etc. he encapsulates all of America’s sins.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 03:33:58 pm »

Tom is a microcosm of everything wrong with American society, cheat to win, Trump etc. he encapsulates all of America’s sins.
lighten up, Francis

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 03:37:33 pm »

Love that line.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2022, 03:46:17 pm »

lighten up, Francis

Lol in probably should, but celebrating his failed marriage and a lackluster season isn’t exactly “wishing harm” in him. The dude is terrible and nothing will change that but I don’t want him to be abducted by aliens or anything.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 08:25:44 am »

I hate to see any marriage with kids fail but it really sucks when it is brnging down a franchise too. the emotional aspect is pretty tough regardless. The only plus is Tampa is in the worst division and could turn things around easy enough if tom can get focused in the next few weeks.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 03:59:55 pm »

I hate to see any marriage with kids fail...
I don't get the feeling that Tom is that much a father figure anyway. He left his last "ex" when she got pregnant. I'm not crapping on Tom by the way, I just think that football is his primary focus and everything else comes second including his wife and children. He wouldn't be the first football player like this, nor will he be the last if in fact that is the case. I think the kids will be fine. I've seen plenty of cases where the kids were mentally healthier after a divorce and a suitable adjustment period of time.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 04:04:31 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2022, 12:40:22 am »

The public story is that the relationship was over before either knew she was pregnant. I don't like Brady but I can't crap on him for that.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2022, 05:24:33 pm »

If your wife would divorce you over playing one more season, maybe your marriage was not that strong anyway.

My two cents

Hate to agree with you, but I do.  There must be other issues that contribute to the divorce.  Even Dan Marino was able to salvage his marriage after he cheated on his wife and had a child with his mistress.  Of course it depends a lot on the woman.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2022, 07:45:17 pm »

Even Dan Marino was able to salvage his marriage after he cheated on his wife and had a child with his mistress.
Dan Marino's wife wasn't a globally famous supermodel who made more money than he does.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray