Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:24:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  I want to know this
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I want to know this  (Read 2377 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 17, 2023, 08:52:50 pm »

EVERYBODY on this board complains about the refs.  EVERYBODY.  If you don't believe me, just re-read any game thread of significant length.

Why I am the only one who gets crap about it?  Is it because I am not a homer about it like you people are?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 12:15:40 am »

Moved to Anti-Fins Chat, though I strongly considered locking/deleting this.  I may reconsider.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 12:16:22 am »

Moved to Anti-Fins Chat, though I strongly considered locking/deleting this.  I may reconsider.

I want an answer. 

Everybody complains about the refs on this board. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 10:40:58 am »

Many people complain about refs but typically do not blame games and certainly not seasons on them. Lots pf plays make up a game and a few bad calls are just part of it. You would be better to move on from them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 12:33:23 pm »

1) You sometimes have bad opinions.  Referring isn't as much about black and white rules as you'd like.  It's more about whether the infraction causes an unfair advantage.  You're not going to be able to tell what pass interference is by reading the description in a book; you need to watch lots of football and get a feel for it.

2) You pick and choose individual calls and inflate their importance, rather than understanding that calls happen in the larger landscape of the ebb and flow of a game, where refs make micro-decisions on every play and dismissing those.

3) You seem to not watch full games and instead rely on stat sheets and individual youtube clips.  You just can't watch a game that way.

4) The vast majority of the time, bad calls go both ways -- since you're on a Dolphins site, we're likely to highlight the ones we're upset about.  Since you live and work amongst a bunch of Massholes, you're going to hear about the ones we get away with.  But by and large, over the length of a season, the better teams will rise to the top.  Sure, you may lose or win a game due to a call, but over the long-haul it's going to come out in the wash.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 03:11:19 pm »

Many people complain about refs but typically do not blame games and certainly not seasons on them. Lots pf plays make up a game and a few bad calls are just part of it. You would be better to move on from them.

This is a legitimate point

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 03:11:40 pm »

You don't complain about the refs very much, to your credit.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 03:19:29 pm »

1) You sometimes have bad opinions.  Referring isn't as much about black and white rules as you'd like.  It's more about whether the infraction causes an unfair advantage.  You're not going to be able to tell what pass interference is by reading the description in a book; you need to watch lots of football and get a feel for it.

2) You pick and choose individual calls and inflate their importance, rather than understanding that calls happen in the larger landscape of the ebb and flow of a game, where refs make micro-decisions on every play and dismissing those.

3) You seem to not watch full games and instead rely on stat sheets and individual youtube clips.  You just can't watch a game that way.

4) The vast majority of the time, bad calls go both ways -- since you're on a Dolphins site, we're likely to highlight the ones we're upset about.  Since you live and work amongst a bunch of Massholes, you're going to hear about the ones we get away with.  But by and large, over the length of a season, the better teams will rise to the top.  Sure, you may lose or win a game due to a call, but over the long-haul it's going to come out in the wash.

Everything you say is completely wrong and so far off

1) I completely agree.  This is what I consider when I talk about the officiating.  The problem is, if when I do this, it comes out as a result you don't like, you all just say that I am a homer and biased, etc.  Example, in the 2020 NFC championship game, I compared the calls and non-calls in the secondary and said I agreed with them precisely because of their impacts on the play.  Since this meant I agreed with calls that favored Brady, you all just accused me of having a Brady bias.  What you just said in this point is EXACTLY when I've said for many years and have gotten nothing but crap for it.  This is a double-standard.   Another example, see the Super Bowl thread between the Rams and Bengals, where I analyze the calls.

2) Again, wrong.  I consider each call and it's importance on the game.  I consider the effect of the call on the big picture of the game.  I look at calls for both teams in the games.
 YOU and everybody on this board do not do this.  For example, in the AFC title game against the Chiefs, you all harped on one call, the roughing the passer call, that favored the Patriots.  You ignored the fact that it would have been 3rd and 7 without the call, and the Patriots were almost perfect on third down in the second half.  You ignored the Chiefs defenders mauling the Patriots receivers all game, whereas the Patriots defenders were getting flagged for simply BREATHING on a Chiefs receiver.

3) I watch the videos of the plays when determining the officiating standards.

4) There is no reason to think that the vast majority of time calls go both ways.  NO SINGLE PATRIOTS FAN I KNOW HAS BLAMED THIS SEASON ON THE REFS.  They would be fully justified in doing it, but they have not.  I just saw the videos the plays and made my conclusions.

How can you say things that are so completely untrue about me?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 03:23:10 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 03:23:18 pm »

Everything you say is completely wrong and so far off

1) I completely agree. 

LOL.

Anyway, you got your answer.  You have an opinion.  The users of this website and people of the world, in general, do not respect that opinion or agree with it.

Saying that opinion again or saying it louder or banging the drum that you demand respect or answers doesn't change that.

You have your answer: Your opinion is bad.  The consensus is that you are wrong.

Do with that information what you will.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 04:19:48 pm »

Sometimes I feel like I'm teaching Kindergartners

1) I completely agree with WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT ANALYZING OFFICIATING.  I DO NOT AGREE THAT I HAVE BAD OPINIONS

However, what you said in your post about analyzing officiating is NOT how you or anybody else on this board actually analyzes officiating.  It is how I analyze officiating.

You completely ignored everything else I said in the rest of my post.  You didn't comment on or try to refute my examples.

So why am I criticized for analyzing officiating the way you just stated that I should be analyzing it?

That is the premise of this thread.

I challenge you.  Name one specific call that I analyzed and got wrong.   Just any specific call.  Name a single one  
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 04:23:22 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 05:28:45 pm »

Sometimes I feel like I'm teaching Kindergartners
Maybe it's because you know so much about football - more than a top-5-of-all-time NFL head coach, despite never spending a single second on a professional coaching staff at any level - that mere laymen like us are incapable of comprehending your genius.

Or to put it another way:

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 05:43:22 pm »

Maybe it's because you know so much about football - more than a top-5-of-all-time NFL head coach, despite never spending a single second on a professional coaching staff at any level - that mere laymen like us are incapable of comprehending your genius.

Or to put it another way:

Again, name a SPECIFIC CALL.

This thread is not about coaching, it's about officiating.

What calls have I analyzed incorrectly?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2023, 05:58:00 pm »

What calls have I analyzed incorrectly?

All of them. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2023, 06:06:23 pm »

All of them. 

Again, not an answer

Name ONE specifically.

One example

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2023, 06:07:27 pm »

I've never met a bigger bunch of cowardly dodgers, post manipulators, and intentionally dishonest people.

Can you name one example of a call that I analyzed incorrectly?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray