Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 03:14:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Broncos/Bills MNF
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Broncos/Bills MNF  (Read 1774 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 01:12:31 pm »

The end of the game was weird in real time.  Sean Payton elected to kneel the ball with 23 seconds on the clock so that they could kick with a running clock.  It created a great confusion and rush.  No excuses.  ...can't have 12 guys.

But that's looking at one play.

In general, Buffalo's offense stunk and left the Bills D on the field all game. 

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2023, 01:17:01 pm »

Just as I type this, I see that Ken Dorsey has been fired from the Bills.  Pretty rough.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2023, 01:26:01 pm »

It was probably all those interceptions Dorsey threw and fumbles he lost.

At the end of the day, somebody's head has gotta roll...

AQNOR

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2023, 01:41:29 pm »

Just as I type this, I see that Ken Dorsey has been fired from the Bills.  Pretty rough.

I'll bet the house that the Hurricanes will hire him for the 2024 season.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2023, 01:45:53 pm »

You can't pin that loss on the Buffalo D.  They were on the field all game long.

Buffalo couldn't move the ball or score and they kept turning the ball over, often in scoring range.

The Bills D played great.
Well we are talking about the Broncos offense here, so take that with a grain of salt. Broncos offense was it's own worst enemy for much of the night, but my point was that when it mattered most Bills defense self destructed allowing several key first downs and a really bad pass interference on 3rd and long and then 12 men on the field which technically goes against the special teams, but still a really bad way to lose a game when the offense finally gave you a lead with 2 minutes to go.

I'm not blaming the Bills defense for the loss, but I am blaming them for collapsing with 2 minutes left in the game and holding a 1 point advantage. Good defenses aren't supposed to do that especially to a rather inept offense.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 05:52:59 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2023, 02:55:00 pm »

He obviously committed pass interference on Jeudy at the end .. also he shouldn't have been standing out there for the field goal block as the 12th man

this is a clear scapegoat .. which as a dolphins fan is delightful to see.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2023, 03:26:11 pm »

Just one of the weirdest games I’ve watched I’m glad it happened as it did but the whole thing leaves me scratching my head.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2023, 03:48:34 pm »

He obviously committed pass interference on Jeudy at the end .. also he shouldn't have been standing out there for the field goal block as the 12th man

this is a clear scapegoat .. which as a dolphins fan is delightful to see.
I haven't heard anything but I'm guessing it had more to do with off the field stuff or chemistry. Buffalo's offense has been putting up pretty decent numbers all year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2023, 04:28:22 pm »

Rumors are swirling that they have locker room issues.

Josh Allen said something in the tunnel about leaving all the personal things at home there in the tunnel.
And then there was a players only meeting a few days before, which some talking head on ESPN said that often is about squashing a beef.

Then there were some weird tweets from Digg's brother about getting him out of there.

Something could be up.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2023, 09:14:48 pm »

No matter what the sport, when teams start having players' only meetings it's a bad sign; and most often doesn't help one bit.  I hate to use the term "trap game" (because it brings up bad memories of Wanny hanging lobster traps in the Miami locker room), but this game seemed to be a trap game for Buffalo.  With all their successes the past couple years I think they thought this would be an easy home win; unlike when they played Miami earlier this year and they were well prepared and up for the game.  I sense the price of tickets in Buffalo dropping after this game.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2023, 11:03:14 pm »

Rumors are swirling that they have locker room issues.

Josh Allen said something in the tunnel about leaving all the personal things at home there in the tunnel.
And then there was a players only meeting a few days before, which some talking head on ESPN said that often is about squashing a beef.

Then there were some weird tweets from Digg's brother about getting him out of there.

Something could be up.

I hope so. I hope we can take advantage of it. We’re the most talented team in the divison so hope we can show the killer instinct and get it. I won’t be happy until December is over and we’re on top. I just pray we don’t collapse idk if I can deal.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2023, 08:41:07 am »

It's an opportunity. Hopefully we take advantage of this...

I feel for... a very long time, stretching back to the Shula/Marino days... we could be actually a real contender.

The signs are right. and I want this so bad...  Tongue
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2023, 01:11:54 am »

It's an opportunity. Hopefully we take advantage of this...

I feel for... a very long time, stretching back to the Shula/Marino days... we could be actually a real contender.

The signs are right. and I want this so bad...  Tongue

This is the psychology of the game - the Dolphins are playing well, and the players have a positive energy; this carries over week to week in games.  Conversely the Bills have had some bad losses this year and it is carrying over week to week in the locker room, and it has hurt their play on the field.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2023, 01:06:56 pm »

The chicken or the egg?
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2023, 03:13:24 am »

The chicken or the egg?

Pages: 1 [2] Print