Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 03:58:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Frustrating teams - Mostly Cowboys related
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Frustrating teams - Mostly Cowboys related  (Read 686 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: December 01, 2023, 11:20:24 am »

God, the Cowboys are frustrating to watch.  They seem like they're really good and talented and should dispatch their opponents with ease.  And they seem to get that end result a lot.  But to actually watch them, they are like the keystone cops, especially near the endzone.

I pay attention to them more this year because I have Dak on my fantasy team, so I'm (more than usual) paying attention to his time in the red zone.  Man, they can fuck up a wet dream.  They look so confused, they can't get their plays in -- between false starts, illegal formation, holding inside the 10 yard line -- they just look like they don't know what they're doing.  Or their play calling just doesn't seem to make sense.  They'll put themselves in a position to take a sack they can't take, they'll not handle the clock well.  They take weird risk when they don't need to.

I also see this, but in different ways, with the LA Chargers.  Also, the Vikings were doing a lot of bullshit, like that weird thing where you don't actually try to get the yards you need for a first down, but instead throw a double-covered screen for a gain of 2 when you need 8 yards.  Just weird crap out there.

I hope we can beat Dallas, because they are talented, but seem poorly managed.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 08:17:27 pm »

^^^ As I said in another thread, media talks about Miami not having beaten anyone good, well look at who Dallas has beaten (and lost to).  You really can't tell if the Cowboys are good or not; and I haven't watched enough of their games to really offer an opinion.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 01:58:04 pm »

I hope Dallas is good enough to beat Philly next week... (Go Niners!!  Wink )

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 03:00:56 pm »

I hope so too.  The race to the NFC East crown will be an epic battle to watch.  But whomever loses it will pretty much get a free pass to the divisional round.   Because they will be facing the division winner of the NFC South in the wild card round, and that division sucks.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 08:52:08 am »

My heart says this would be good for Miami as well since I think they would then overlook Miami a bit in week 16. I don't think anyone in Dallas fears playing Miami, believing the rhetoric that says Miami hasn't beaten anyone good, despite the fact that Dallas is pretty much in the same boat at this point.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray