Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:54:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Breaking News: Linehan gone
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Breaking News: Linehan gone  (Read 22287 times)
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 04:57:36 am »

Huh
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 05:00:34 am »

Joe Rose on local NBC6 is reporting Linehan is all but gone.

SH*T!! Why do they have to pick on our OC?    

No way I want Martz as OC.  He doesn't run the ball enough. I would like to get Mike Hiemerdinger if he becomes available, or Mike Mularkey if he wants a job.

I'm not understanding Miami fans lately. I'm not picking on you Mcduff, it's just that I've heard this alot lately.  OK, I understand we have a bad-ass duo at the RB position, and that our QB's suck nuts.  When Wanny was around all he did was RUN THE DAMN BALL!!  And all I ever heard was, "Miami is too predictable", "Vanilla offense".   He ran Williams out of town (next to the weed thing of course),  the team went to shambles because the entire NFL stacked the line on 1st,  2nd and 3rd down expecting the obvious run.  

So why is everyone wanting to go back to running the damn ball?  Mix it up people!  That's why I liked Linehan, we need an OC that can throw off a defense by injecting some pass plays in an offense. Even if we have a sorry ass QB like we did / do,  Miami needs to utilize the WR's / TE with a few screens thrown in here and there to open up the run.  We don't need an OC who's M.O. is running the ball.  We've seen it,  and it got us 4-12 and 4 years of missing the playoffs.
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 05:13:23 am »

I agree. Mix it up.. I am 100% for that.

If you noticed the names I mentioned as possible replacement, they are anything but on the conservative end. Hell, when Mularkey was OC in Pittsburgh, they threw a lot more than they have before and after he was there.

Linehan was very good. He had a lot of schemes that got people open. I like his variety as well. Martz doesn't mix it up. He is 70% pass.

He is the anit-Wannstedt..I would like more of a happy medium.
DolFan619
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 05:31:36 am »

Mike Heimerdinger would be a great fit here.  He, much like Linehan, likes to mix up his offense but is also high on the deep passing game.  But I don't see Mangini letting him go.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 06:33:19 am »

I wonder if people have forgotten that Martz was the OC for Vermeil when the Rams won the Super Bowl?  I seem to remember Marshall Faulk running A LOT that year.  

Martz, with someone watching over him, would be a good fit in Miami.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 06:37:05 am »

I wonder if people have forgotten that Martz was the OC for Vermeil when the Rams won the Super Bowl?  I seem to remember Marshall Faulk running A LOT that year.  

You know, i had forgotten this. But let me also say that the Rams were enormous favorites and only managed to eek that game out by 1 yd. Check out all those rushing yds. Maine....LOL

http://www.superbowl.com/history/boxscores/game/sbxxxiv

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 06:54:09 am »

Jeff Darlington, of the Palm Beach Post, reports Miami Dolphins wide receivers coach Charlie Baggett is a potential candidate to take over as offensive coordinator for the team.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 08:56:21 am »

I haven't forgotten.  That's why I'm all for Mike Martz as our OC.  If there's one coach that can watch over him and let him know he needs to implement a balanced attack, it's Nick Saban.

Jeff Darlington, of the Palm Beach Post, reports Miami Dolphins wide receivers coach Charlie Baggett is a potential candidate to take over as offensive coordinator for the team.

I think Baggett will follow Linehan to St Louis, that is if Linehan goes.  They worked together in Minnesota and have known each other for quite a while.  
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2006, 08:59:22 am »

I think Baggett will follow Linehan to St Louis, that is if Linehan goes.  They worked together in Minnesota and have known each other for quite a while.  

He has also worked under Saban three times, including this stint so a promotion may keep him here.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2006, 08:59:57 am »

He has also worked under Saban three times, including this stint so a promotion may keep him here.

I was just ready to post this same thing.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2006, 10:40:47 am »

I think Baggett will follow Linehan to St Louis, that is if Linehan goes.  

Why do you keep saying "if"?

20 different news sources are reporting that its a done deal, and the "official" announcement is coming Friday...
bsfins
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2006, 10:52:04 am »

From the miami herald....(I'm just the F-'n messenger..)

There has been speculation Linehan will take Charlie Baggett, Dolphins receivers coach and assistant head coach for offense, with him to St. Louis, but it's unknown if other Dolphins assistants would join him. Baggett worked with Linehan in Minnesota.

I feel if the OC job doesn't go to Jason Garrett,things in Miami just got un-comfortable for Gus....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 10:53:54 am by bsfins » Logged
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2006, 12:10:35 pm »

I'm not understanding Miami fans lately. I'm not picking on you Mcduff, it's just that I've heard this alot lately.  OK, I understand we have a bad-ass duo at the RB position, and that our QB's suck nuts.  When Wanny was around all he did was RUN THE DAMN BALL!!  And all I ever heard was, "Miami is too predictable", "Vanilla offense".   He ran Williams out of town (next to the weed thing of course),  the team went to shambles because the entire NFL stacked the line on 1st,  2nd and 3rd down expecting the obvious run.    

So why is everyone wanting to go back to running the damn ball?  Mix it up people!  That's why I liked Linehan, we need an OC that can throw off a defense by injecting some pass plays in an offense. Even if we have a sorry ass QB like we did / do,  Miami needs to utilize the WR's / TE with a few screens thrown in here and there to open up the run.  We don't need an OC who's M.O. is running the ball.  We've seen it,  and it got us 4-12 and 4 years of missing the playoffs.  

The problem I have with Martz is this:  How can a coach with a back like Marshall Faulk give him only 10 carries in a game?  Why keep throwing when you're ahead 35-10?  You (we) all want balance, and Martz concerns me because he has "anti-Wannstedt" potential; that is to throw 55 times and run 15.    So long as that does not happen, welcome aboard, Mike!

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2006, 12:22:52 pm »

I feel if the OC job doesn't go to Jason Garrett,things in Miami just got un-comfortable for Gus....

Oh, god - Jason Garrett has no business being a QB coach, let alone a OC...  I hope that's not what you were suggesting...
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2006, 12:24:19 pm »

Oh, god - Jason Garrett has no business being a QB coach, let alone a OC...  I hope that's not what you were suggesting...

I think he meant that Garrett would be the only one that would want to keep Gus. Other wise, regardless of who the OC is, Gus is gone.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray