Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:14:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Terrell Owens
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: Where do you think TO will end up?
Miami   -6 (21.4%)
Atlanta   -8 (28.6%)
Denver   -2 (7.1%)
Dallas   -8 (28.6%)
other   -4 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Terrell Owens  (Read 15624 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 08:39:58 am »

Hell give me that turd Terrell Owens too to compliment that other turd Frerotte.

Not sure if the Owens turd would complement the Frerotte turd...but it definitely could hide the stench a little.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dphins4me
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 08:55:19 am »

Maybe not in your mind.
Not in most.  There is a huge difference between RW & TO.

RW made a few personal mistakes & retired, because of them.  TO has done nothing but cause trouble on every team he has been on.   Look how quickly he destroyed the Eagles.

I'll take a teammate like RW any time over a teammate like TO.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 10:23:31 am »

Not in most.  There is a huge difference between RW & TO.

RW made a few personal mistakes & retired, because of them.  TO has done nothing but cause trouble on every team he has been on.   Look how quickly he destroyed the Eagles.

I'll take a teammate like RW any time over a teammate like TO.

And potheads persoanl mistakes didn't ruin our team last year? Now granted, in the long run, it helped us improve our coaching staff and end up a better team. But come on, the guy walked out on the team. And by the way, the Eagles fekll apart because of a lot more than just TO.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 11:40:53 am »

yeah randy mac... boy he is one to talk about a guy's character and stuff. im so sick of him blasting someone else in the media, he really needs to shut his big mouth up. whatever problems t.o. had with the players and stuff is no comparison to freaking putting a beatdown on your lady, u ass!!
Dphins4me
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 01:39:29 pm »

And potheads persoanl mistakes didn't ruin our team last year?
  No, it did not ruin the team last year.  RW is good but he was not the difference between 4-12 & 10-6.  Poor coaching & decisions were the main factor in more than one area that did that.  Had RW played then Miami is at best 5-11.  No OL blocking destroyed that team quickly.

But come on, the guy walked out on the team.
  Sure he did.  Players retire at the start of camp all the time.  Sometimes players do not realize they are gonna retire until the time comes.  No player just sits & waits till the start of camp to lower the boom on a team, except for Barry Sanders.

Two starter on other teams did it this year (Panthers & Pats).  It happens.

And by the way, the Eagles fell apart because of a lot more than just TO.
  Sure McNabbs injury did not help, however they well under .500 before he left.  However, the drama TO caused & the lack of focus he brought to the rest of the team was a major factor in how a team falls from 4 time NFC title team to a 6-10 team.

TO is best left alone.
cyan
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 03:35:08 pm »

No, it did not ruin the team last year.  RW is good but he was not the difference between 4-12 & 10-6.  Poor coaching & decisions were the main factor in more than one area that did that.  Had RW played then Miami is at best 5-11.  No OL blocking destroyed that team quickly.

that's absolutely correct, look what happened when bates took over, while ricky was still not here.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 07:53:32 pm »

Dphins4me, cyan,  there is no reasoning with Dolphins fans who have an innate hatred towards Williams after his "retirement".  You,  like I,  have repeated what you've said many many times,  but it's like talking to a wall.  They take it personally as if they were left at the altar by a bride.  Miami was nowhere near Super Bowl status WITH Williams and Wannstedt. 

But there is one thing that shows,  they all agree that he is a talent and one of the best backs in the league if HE was the sole reason Miami went 4-12 last year.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 08:17:36 am by Thundergod » Logged
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 10:34:08 pm »

They take it personally as if they were left at the alter by a bride. 

You don't know how funny that really is.

Look- I don'ty take potheads retiring as a personal attack towards me, but I saw it as a cowardice move. If he didn't want to play for Wanny, fine. I don't blame him. But to say "I've had enough of the man" , "I want to be free to do what I want", "I want to go smoke pot". Well, those are words of quitter. You guys can love him all you want. I've said before, I'm happy when he scores, bercause it helps my favorite team. But I'm not going to show any love for that loser.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2006, 11:05:50 pm »

Dphins4me, cyan,  there is no reasoning with Dolphins fans who have an innate hatred towards Williams after his "retirement".
Ricky is a cowardly, lying schmuck. I find it pathetic that you and others have completely fabricated an excuse for him (that he didn't want to be destroyed by playing another season under Wannestedt) so that you don't have to "forgive" him. When he quit, at the worst possible moment I might add (literally HOURS after the last half-decent rb free agent was signed), he gave one reason. Later he said he wanted to smoke dope. His most recent excuse, given on 60 minutes, was that he didn't want people to know that he smoked pot and they would find out, because he got caught again - and he just couldn't handle people finding out, so he quit. WTF??

I actually tend to believe the latter reason, given his personality (disorder), but be that as it may, the fact remains that he is a liar, completely untrustworthy and has no sense of responsibility towards the team. He left the team in the worst possible situation - without the player the whole offense was built around - and I think you're nuts if you believe that his presence would only have added a couple of wins. Our defense played amazing ball until they simply gave up due to either fatigue or simply demoralization from the lack of offensive capabilities. We had SIX games that we lost by a td or less and a further THREE losses in the first 4 weeks where our defense held the opponents to 17 points or less. And you can't tell me that we would have thrown pick-6s everywhere if we had had Ricky to rely on.

In other words, every part of your pro-Ricky argument is BS. You're a revisionist, simply changing history to fit what you now believe.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 07:08:04 am »

First off FYO,  YOU ARE ASSUMING,  as we all are.  Every defense in the NFL stacked that freaking line knowing that Miami relied on the run more than the pass under Wannstedt and Fiedler,  so don't give me that crap that Williams would have done any better than the other schmuck RB's we had that year.  We will never know.  Call me pro-Ricky all you want,  I just don't dwell on one reason only as to why he quit the team, I never said he didn't quit for pot,  yeah he did, so what.  And I find it pathetic that YOU people can't leave the subject well alone that he quit to go smoke pot.  Who cares, who are you to say what a man does with his own life.  He lied, holy hell!! Oh wait,  we're all angels on this planet.  No one in the NFL smokes:  (*cough cough* Randy Moss), or quits for their own personal reasons no matter how stupid they are.  I agree with you on one thing though,  he left at the worst possible time.  But if Miami's season went to hell because of ONE guy,  then I think there were more problems than you want to admit,  and if you don't want to, then you my friend have problems.

Damn,  I guess all Heat fans should hate Van Gundy for leaving the Heat for "family reasons"  at the worst possible moment too.  Family reasons?  Riiiight.  Or when Barry Sanders decided to just up and retire from the Lions.  Would it have been better if Williams retired at the beginning of the year for no reason?  Whatever.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 09:10:52 am by Thundergod » Logged
Dphins4me
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 10:59:34 am »

Ricky is a cowardly, lying schmuck. I find it pathetic that you and others have completely fabricated an excuse for him (that he didn't want to be destroyed by playing another season under Wannestedt) so that you don't have to "forgive" him.
I do not have to forgive him.  I never held anything against him.  A man can retire for any reason at any time he chooses.  Its not his fault Miami went into the garbage in '04.

Its up to the people in charge to do their jobs & that is what brought Miami down.
They took their entire offense & ran it around ONE player.  A pound it away back, that had carried the ball almost 800 times in two season, then backed him up with a 3rd down scat back (Minor)  Great planning there.

Did they actually expect to continue to pound him into a brick wall & he never get hurt?   What was their plan had RW gotten injured?   That is right, they did not have a back up plan & that is why Miami bombed last year. 

Their OC quit & instead of giving the job to the one man on the staff that had experience & was a quality OC on another team, Wanny gave the job to a man who had never done the job before & never even been considered for the job before.

Also the fact when Wanny left the team started to play better is proof the HC was the main reason the team failed.  Wanny was in over his head.

RW retiring just took away his safety net.

When he quit, at the worst possible moment I might add (literally HOURS after the last half-decent rb free agent was signed),
Yea George & Smith are not even half decent RBs.  George was bench in Dallas & no one was interested in him this past year & Smith is still mop up duty player.   The RBs Miami had were better than both.

he gave one reason. Later he said he wanted to smoke dope. His most recent excuse, given on 60 minutes, was that he didn't want people to know that he smoked pot and they would find out, because he got caught again - and he just couldn't handle people finding out, so he quit. WTF??

I actually tend to believe the latter reason, given his personality (disorder), but be that as it may, the fact remains that he is a liar, completely untrustworthy and has no sense of responsibility towards the team.
I will agree that RW did go back & forth as to the reason.  But as I have clearly stated.  The reason never concerned me.

What would have been the difference, had RW not retired & blew a knee out the first day of camp?   Still no backup.  Still too late to sign anyone.

This team should have been prepared to play without RW and it clearly wasn't.  They did not know what to do after RW left. 

He left the team in the worst possible situation - without the player the whole offense was built around
RIGHT THERE is the reason Miami failed.  The HC built the entire offense around one player.  Why, why, why would you be foolish enough to build an entire offense around one player, especially a RB?

and I think you're nuts if you believe that his presence would only have added a couple of wins.
Call me foolish, but I do not think it would have added a couple of wins.  One, maybe.  But with no blocking up front it would not have mattered who ran the ball.  When two & three defenders are breaking free every play.  It would not have mattered. 

RW is good, but not that good.

Our defense played amazing ball until they simply gave up due to either fatigue or simply demoralization from the lack of offensive capabilities.
  I'll used your words from the bottom of your post.

You're a revisionist, simply changing history to fit what you now believe.

I recall Chris Brown rushing for 100 yards in the 1st half of the 1st ball game of the year..  Miami rushing defense was a doormat last year.

We had SIX games that we lost by a td or less and a further THREE losses in the first 4 weeks where our defense held the opponents to 17 points or less. And you can't tell me that we would have thrown pick-6s everywhere if we had had Ricky to rely on.
With no blocking.  No. You have obviously forgotten the turnstiles our OL was early in the season.  When it was more difficult for the score keeper to figure out which DLman should get credit for a sack, than how many yards lost on the play.

In other words, every part of your pro-Ricky argument is BS. You're a revisionist, simply changing history to fit what you now believe.
Again, I couldn't care less as to why RW retired.  It was his choice to retire whenever he felt like it.  Player retire at the start of camp all the time.  Ted Johnson of NE a starting LB retired this past year right at the start of camp.  Funny no one is calling him names.  Adam Meadows starting tackle for Carolina retired at the start of camp this year.  No one is calling him names.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 11:59:50 am »

I think that the big difference between the Ricky and T.O. situations is that:

When Ricky had problems, it really only affected him (other than the team not having his skills to utilize), but it didn't cause a circus that hurt the team's locker room.

When T.O. had his issues, it was all about T.O. - his face on every camera, badmouthing his team - causing the locker room to fall apart.

HUGE difference.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2006, 10:38:57 pm »

I'll used your words from the bottom of your post.

You're a revisionist, simply changing history to fit what you now believe.
You need a dictionary - and since "revisionist" was pretty much explained, I'm thinking the word you're having trouble with is "history", but it could be one of the others. Something has certainly gone horribly wrong with your logic, seeing as how I didn't "revise" history and you didn't point to anything "revisions", so I'm assuming you agree with that (all the historical points I made that you quoted, you wrote that you agreed with). Now, I do have an OPINION and you're free to disagree with me (and you certainly do), but from that to being a revisionist, well, that's quite a leap.
Dphins4me
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2006, 11:08:13 pm »

You need a dictionary - and since "revisionist" was pretty much explained, I'm thinking the word you're having trouble with is "history", but it could be one of the others. Something has certainly gone horribly wrong with your logic, seeing as how I didn't "revise" history and you didn't point to anything "revisions", so I'm assuming you agree with that (all the historical points I made that you quoted, you wrote that you agreed with). Now, I do have an OPINION and you're free to disagree with me (and you certainly do), but from that to being a revisionist, well, that's quite a leap.
That is what you choose to focus on?  The definition of word?  Can we all say "I've got nothing better to come back with"  A non reply would have been the better move.  Now you are just looking desperate.

However, I'll play along for the pure fun of it all.

No one revised history in any way..  Not I, Not Thundergod, not anyone else. 

However, I choose to use your own statement in pointing out that your memory is far far from being accurate.

What I said about RW is what I said the days after he retired.  It mattered not to me.  I expected the men in charge to know what they are doing & to build a team that can with stand the absent of just one player, even the most important player.

Just so you know.  Only the Cleveland Browns gave up more yards rushing last year per game.  That means out of 32 teams Miami was ranked 31st.

Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 12:07:21 am »

I havent read this thread, but I voted and looked at the results before I posted. I cant believe that more people think he will be with the Phins than anyone else. I voted Atlanta. Ms "Falcons Fan" Frimp agrees, and welcomes the idea.

I dont want that cancer with Miami.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray