Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:45:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Terrell Owens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: Where do you think TO will end up?
Miami   -6 (21.4%)
Atlanta   -8 (28.6%)
Denver   -2 (7.1%)
Dallas   -8 (28.6%)
other   -4 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Terrell Owens  (Read 15758 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 24, 2006, 12:24:02 pm »

Terrell Owens was spotted at the Heat game the other night.  ...so it started talk that he might come to Miami.
Am I the only one who thinks that there's no way that this can happen?

They are starting to talk about it on the radio here (and probably in every NFL radio market.) 

1) T.O. isn't a good fit for us.  We have a decent receiving corps.  They have come together a bit down the stretch and look promising.  I think bringing in a young talent to fight for Booker's job would be a possibility, but someone to userp Chambers and be a media hog isn't what this team needs.

2) We aren't a good fit for T.O.  We don't have a QB that can get him the ball the way he wants it.  He's used to Jeff Garcia, and Donovan McNabb....Gus is neither of those, by the way.  If we bring in a young QB, TO's mouth could destroy his career.  We also don't have the money to spend on TO.

Does anyone really think that there is a possibility of him coming here?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 04:28:00 pm by Philly Fin Fan » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 12:26:33 pm »

I heard that Denver is pretty hot for the guy.  Why?  Who knows.  I could see TO becoming so ticked at Plummer that his head actually explodes during a game.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 12:27:05 pm »

Nope. He's going to Tampa dude.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Dphins4me
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 01:01:43 pm »

I heard that Denver is pretty hot for the guy.  Why?
Because that is where turds go.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 01:29:38 pm »

I figured he and Vick would be the new NFL odd couple next season.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 03:52:25 pm »

I figured he and Vick would be the new NFL odd couple next season.

My money was on Atlanta or Oakland!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 04:14:46 pm »

I'm still laying money on Dallas signing T.O.  It just smells like a match made in Hell. Evil

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 04:27:18 pm »

I'm still laying money on Dallas signing T.O.  It just smells like a match made in Hell. Evil

I agree. I'm adding a poll to this thread...

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 07:48:28 pm »

Terrell Owens was spotted at the Heat game the other night.  ...so it started talk that he might come to Miami.
Am I the only one who thinks that there's no way that this can happen?

They are starting to talk about it on the radio here (and probably in every NFL radio market.) 

1) T.O. isn't a good fit for us.  We have a decent receiving corps.  They have come together a bit down the stretch and look promising.  I think bringing in a young talent to fight for Booker's job would be a possibility, but someone to userp Chambers and be a media hog isn't what this team needs.

2) We aren't a good fit for T.O.  We don't have a QB that can get him the ball the way he wants it.  He's used to Jeff Garcia, and Donovan McNabb....Gus is neither of those, by the way.  If we bring in a young QB, TO's mouth could destroy his career.  We also don't have the money to spend on TO.

Does anyone really think that there is a possibility of him coming here?

There is definitely a possibility of him coming here.  After the stunts he pulled this season, no team will be stupid enough to lock him into a long term deal with a big signing bonus (that is, after the Eagles release him).  I've said this before and I will say it again.  If there is one coach that can get this guy to behave, it's Nick Saban.  Also, Saban will sign him to a deal that will include hefty performance bonuses, and a clause that will void the contract if he misbehaves.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 09:02:43 pm »

I voted Dallas just because that just seems a good fit for him. It wouldn't surprise me to see Denver sign him as well but I don't believe he will come to Miami. There are too many key people publicly dissing him including Randy Mac who also has Drew as an agent. Besides ... Theisman said TO would never end up in Miami because there weren't enough balls for TO and Chambers. This could be the first thing old Joe ever was correct about!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 09:37:15 pm »

Because that is where turds go.
Ricky Williams plays in Miami. Just wanted to remind you.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Dphins4me
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 09:56:03 pm »

Ricky Williams plays in Miami. Just wanted to remind you.
RW is not a turd.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 10:30:47 pm »

RW is not a turd.

Maybe not in your mind.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 06:39:47 am »

Maybe not in your mind.

Nor mine,  I'll take that turd on my team anyday.  Hell give me that turd Terrell Owens too to compliment that other turd Frerotte.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 08:29:57 am by Thundergod » Logged
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 08:26:35 am »

Maybe not in your mind.

Not in my mind either.  The past three games proved that he's still an elite back in this league.  This is the perfect scenario for him.  Mularkey's gonna pound the ball, but with Ricky and Ronnie spelling each other, neither one is going to take the beating Ricky took the two years he played under Wanny.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray