Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:39:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Flutie's drop kick
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Flutie's drop kick  (Read 4800 times)
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« on: January 30, 2006, 02:05:48 pm »

This is a beauty. When Flutie successfully dropkicked against the Dolphins the nets were not up (since they didn't line up like they were going to kick it).and the ball went into the stands where a fan took it. Since it was the first dropkick since the 40's the Hall of Fame took Fluties Jersey and shoes for display but wanted the ball. They team tried to determine by video who had the ball but were unable. The question was answered when a fax came into the Patriots office from a lawyer representing Mr X. Mr X will surrender the football to the Patriots (since he says he is a good guy and wants the team to have it) for the following demands 1.) $100,000 upon delivery of the football. 2.) A guarantee of 8 season tickets in the lower end zone (preferably sections 142 or 143), (Mr X says he would pay for the tickets) 3.) delivery of a Tom Brady Jersey in September signed by all members of the 2006 team. Mr Kraft and the team has said thanks but no thanks. Or as someone else on the team said "enjoy the football"

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 02:39:00 pm »

Thats funny. This guy is trying to hold the football for ransom!
Technically, doesn't the ball belong to the team, since the NFL does not allow you to keep any balls that go into the stands?

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 02:39:57 pm »

Like I've always said...when you try to get greedy, you're bound to get hosed.  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 02:43:12 pm »

greedy indeed.  I mean, he'd have been lucky to get the season tickets, and maybe the jersey, since they don't cost the team anything, but asking for 100 grand is just dumb.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 03:06:21 pm »

Why not ask for a Super Bowl ring while their at it ?  Roll Eyes

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 03:26:01 pm »

You know if the guy would have just walked in and handed the ball, he probably would have been given at least an autographed jersey, if not Doug Flutie himself coming over and hanging out with him for a day. 

He got greedy, and he got NOTHING.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 03:39:23 pm »

I think he will make a fortune when he auctions it.  Somebody will pay big to have it I sure.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 03:40:21 pm »

yeah .. he can just put it on ebay and get a pretty penny for it i'm thinking
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 03:55:18 pm »

I think he will make a fortune when he auctions it.  Somebody will pay big to have it I sure.

Exactly my thoughts. I think everyone is a bit premature in saying this guy got hosed.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 03:57:19 pm »

I guess I just don't see this as being a hot auction item. Hopefully someone will note when it hits eBay, so we can follow up on this to see what the guy ends up getting for the dropkick souvenir.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 04:17:28 pm »

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=flutie+drop+kick&category0=

That's a quick link - click on that and it'll tell you when/if he lists it.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 07:24:04 am »

I still don't understand why the drop kick was such a big deal.  Even when I witnessed it I couldn't understand why everyone got riled up about it.  Um,  ok,  he drop kicked it, cool.  But HOF?  So what happens if someone else next year does the same?  Does his jersey and shoes make it too?  Or will it have to be another 40 yrs. til that happens?  Odd.   Indifferent
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 09:08:50 am »

Exactly -

If by some miracle, the NFL goes 40 years without seeing a double-reverse, will the guy who gets the first one in 2046 be called by Canton?
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 10:01:07 am »

He'd need to authenticate it, first

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 10:12:50 am »

I think you guys are missing th point of Canton wanting it. They keep all kinds of memorabilia. This is something that didn't happen for how many years? Why wouldn't they put it in a showcase for a bit? It seems like you guys are just hating because of when it happened.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray