Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:53:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  TDMMC Fantasy baseball
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: TDMMC Fantasy baseball  (Read 73348 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2006, 06:47:58 pm »

Draft Time: Wed Mar 15 7:30pm CST Your killin me again with this thing! Don't forget I get up at 4:14 am Eastern Time. Oh well ... I'll be a trooper for as long as possible!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2006, 08:59:38 pm »

I like Triples. It encourages you to avoid putting 10 power hitters in your lineup. It gives value to the speedsters more than just for stolen bases. If you don't have triples, you can't have doubles either, and should reduce it to just "hits"

I thought the speedsters also dominated the singles category, were better in runs and were equally matched with the power hitters in the doubles category due to the common "stretching a single" scenario. If you're really convinced that triples are worthy of a scoring category, then I'll (once again) back down from my anti-triples crusade...but I still think they're too flukey.

I have to start another thread now, because there is someone whose presence is required in this league...and methinks he just needs a gentle nudge.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
bsfins
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2006, 10:01:44 pm »

So far we have 4 teams....
American Bad Asses- Jtex
PortlandTreeFroggz - Maine (a nice surprise)
Pompano Padres  - Stroke
Lil b's F' ups - Lil b
ATL all star -Jmoney (Defending champ)

I'm going to put up a temporary poll....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 01:15:53 am by Lil B » Logged
JMoney13

JMoney134u
Email
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2006, 11:33:18 pm »

You can't have a league without the defending champ, can you?

2005 TDMMC Fantasy Baseball Champion
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 07:33:31 am »

I will sign in tonight.

crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 01:19:37 pm »

why is this in the off topic board? on not in the other sports board?

not that I care, just curious
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 02:40:14 pm »

I would really like to participate in FBB as well but I do not think I will be able to make a live draft! Do I have any volunteers to help a fellow fantasy player out?

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 03:45:17 pm »

I would really like to participate in FBB as well but I do not think I will be able to make a live draft! Do I have any volunteers to help a fellow fantasy player out?

The key is to set your list really well prior to the draft, if you know you aren't going to make it.

I'd love to see ya in this league, AZ...I enjoy battling ya in the fantasy realm.  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 04:12:38 pm »

The key is to set your list really well prior to the draft, if you know you aren't going to make it.

I'd love to see ya in this league, AZ...I enjoy battling ya in the fantasy realm.  Grin

I can manage that I am sure since we seem to have a month. Will it just pick from my list for me? I love baseball but I am not near as knowledgeable on it as I am football. I did play FBB about 5 years ago (Which I won and attribute to nothing more than blind luck) and always thought about doing it again. I think the main reason I want to this year is because, like you said Stroke, I had a blast playing FFB with those of you that played.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
bsfins
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 04:37:54 pm »

I'm not that knowledgeable in beaseball,but I have a lot of fun...I Watched alot more baseball lastyear.

IE dropping Andruw Jones with 3 Braves fans in the league..then watch him go lead the league in HR's...after watching him struggle so in the beginning of the year. Roll Eyes (inside joke from last year..)
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 05:56:50 pm »

American Bad Asses- Jtex
Pompano Padres  - Stroke
Lil b's F' ups - Lil b
AZ's Assbags - AZ (Rookie)

Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 10:49:04 pm »

Im in.

Boston Mafia (Pats2006)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 10:50:38 pm by Pats2006 » Logged

bsfins
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2006, 01:01:37 am »

Welcome all....I'm happy to see 8 people,I don't mind adding a couple more if they want to play.
So far we have

American Bad Asses- Jtex
Pompano Padres  - Stroke
Lil b's F' ups - Lil b
Alk3hol - alk3hol
Boston Mafia - Pats2006

why is this in the off topic board? on not in the other sports board?

not that I care, just curious
Cause I'm a moderator in the off board topic,and I could take advatage of the polls...Sorry...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 01:15:20 am »

If we could get 2 more for a nice round 10-team league, that would be great!

This will be year two for TDMMC Baseball...can my second-season title mojo (won titles in four of my six important FF leagues in second season: YJFF, So Fla Invitational, NAFFL, Sacred Order of the Pigskin) translate to the baseball diamond? Last year's loss in the semifinals left a bad taste in my mouth, but I learned my lessons about this league's scoring set. The mighty-mighty Pompano Padres will rise to the challenge in 2006!  Grin

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2006, 12:41:05 pm »

American Bad Asses- Jtex
Pompano Padres  - Stroke
Lil b's F' ups - Lil b
Alk3hol - alk3hol
Boston Mafia - Pats2006
CF Wannabees -  CF DolFan

Sheesh .. I said I was in. We've got like 37 more days untilt the draft. Dave might ban me in the next 37 days so I was afraid to commit!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray