Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:07:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  RICKY WILLIAMS ...MORE TROUBLE
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: RICKY WILLIAMS ...MORE TROUBLE  (Read 46615 times)
NextSeason

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 11:44:21 pm »

What a friggin tool.  His brain cells have clearly all been burnt out.
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 11:45:59 pm »

HAHAHAHA Just hurd!!! Good Ricky's a dumb ass.

jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 11:57:25 pm »

I warned, warned, and warned you Dolphin fans who still loved him, and the Dolphins' organization about this.  I told you he could no longer be trusted, that he was a waste of time, but to NO AVAIL.  No one listened to me, everyone loved him again after doing stuff like throwing away his jerseys and burning them.

NOW LOOK at how stupid your organization looks.  This is worse then T.O.  This is much much worse then that.  Ricky Williams is, was, and always will be the Lawrence Phillips / Darryl Strawberry / Roy Tarpley of South Florida now - and all you gullable fans bought into it that "he's changed his ways".  Pot-heads never change, they just try to get away with it some more. 

Goodbye Williams.  You are about to become the butt of all NFL drug related jokes.  You can hide from society and move to Bangkok, but as long as I, and many other people live, you will have a permanent tattoo of shame and disgust, and it's slapped right across your stupid forehead for the whole sports world to see.  You have disgraced the National Football League and everything it stands for, and everyone who believed in you and gave you a second chance.

Don't EVER show your face on national TV again.  You have permanently lost your right to ever play professional sports, at any level, or to use your name or likeness in any way, shape, or form.  Go work at McDonalds so you can join the rest of your dope-smoking teenage pre-pubescents.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 11:59:48 pm »

and yet, we're going to have 20 more 60 minutes updates from Mike Wallace because they have nothing better to waste their airtime on than this piece of crap.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 12:01:58 am »

No one listened to me, everyone loved him again after doing stuff like throwing away his jerseys and burning them.

I believe Mr. Fein, myself, and about 2 other members here never "loved him again".

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 12:04:13 am »

I believe Mr. Fein, myself, and about 2 other members here never "loved him again".
We were clearly in the minority, though...
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 12:30:24 am »

philly can i join that group
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 12:33:44 am »

SKOLNICK: Williams saga goes in a sad direction
Published February 19, 2006, 11:35 PM EST

Let this not be true.

Let this be shoddy testing. Shady sources. Switched samples. Sabotage. Something.

Let this be some sort of explainable mistake, instead of the widely predicted end.

Say this won't stick, Rick.

Ricky Williams didn't fail another drug test. He didn't subject himself to another suspension, this one at least a year. He didn't prove right all the wiseguys who said he could never stay clean. He didn't jeopardize his financial health.

Did he?

Those were the disturbing reports Sunday, from Mile High to the Magic City. Those were the knowing chuckles from everyone who said this would happen. This observer had been one of those once. I was against his 2005 return, after he ditched the team just before 2004 began. I couldn't comprehend why Nick Saban WOULD open the guest room to the man who burned the last house down. I feared the distraction, the disruption.

I had been proven wrong.

Ricky Williams didn't just rebuild his reputation. He reinvented himself. He worked. He tutored his replacement, Ronnie Brown. He was Mr. Team Guy, far as anyone could tell. Heck, he was the co-winner of the media's Good Guy Award, for speaking openly and without end. Maybe he hadn't changed at his core. Who does? But he adapted. With debts over his head, and a contract below par for his ability, he did not complain. He made the best of it.

He got you to root for him, even if you had been reluctant.

And, for some of you at least, he did it with how he was acting as well as running.

So this isn't about the drugs, even though the drugs may have done him in again --again, if reports are true. You can take issue with the nation's marijuana laws and with the league's enforcement, and still believe that an employee should obey his profession's stated rules, especially with the alternative clearly known.

This is about a seemingly decent man continuing to do harm to himself.

So there is no shock or outrage at this news, as there was when he left teammates in a lurch in 2004.

Just disappointment, and just for Williams. For the Dolphins? Why? Many fans will bemoan the loss of Williams' trade value, but what was the most you could reasonably expect, considering Williams' circumstances? A conditional sixth? Is that the pick on which this franchise's fate will rest?

Williams is a wizard at what he does. He may not love football enough to protect his right to keep earning pay for it, but he sure can play it. He lost weight in the year off, not his natural gifts -- just ask the tacklers he juked in Jacksonville in the preseason. When he had his chance again near season's end, he was dynamic as ever, with 280 yards over his final two games. He finished with 743, on a healthy 4.4 average.

He is a more instinctive, more explosive runner than Ronnie Brown right now, but the Dolphins had too much invested in Brown to stay with Williams much longer anyway. So this won't hurt them much. They had prepared themselves for this prospect -- some would say inevitability -- in a way the previous regime could not. They knew they could lose this player, even if they chose to keep him.

The story here was about the person. It was a redeeming story, the sort of story we like to see in sports, even if we must strain to see it. That person had seemingly turned a better, less self-destructive direction. All season, during his fascinating postgame chats, Williams spoke of wearing white because it represented purity. It was one of countless interesting revelations from an interesting, appealing, intelligent guy who has this terrible habit of leaving us blue.
crazy_scar_man
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Gaylick

321832691 mkilmurry
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 12:42:30 am »

All this for tweed? I freely admit to being lifetime cheeba enthusiast.

However, even I have set the pipe aside before for meaningless jobs like working at a golf coarse. Ricky could have bonged hits of the finest herb on this earth for the rest of his life. All he had to do was find a different fix (alcohol, pain killers etc.) for a couple of years.

It's quite mind boggling.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 02:02:59 am »

Oh well. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I guess that means shame on me.

I'm a man. I can live with it.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 05:03:06 am »

Oh man i really hope this isnt fuckin true.

Yeah i suppose we were SLIGHTLY gullable in believing that Ricky had changed, should've known better to be honest, cos every fuckin Pothead that i know is a waster.

But his "changed" attitude that we all witnessed and admired last season seemed to function in sync with the rest of the Dolphins team, and the politics of Coach Saban.

Therefore, could we not be forgiven for believing that he had begun to love being a part of the Dolphins Franchise? Given that its finally being run in a professional, and successful (inevitably) manner? Given that we wasnt carrying the ball on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? And that the team has finally looked like it could achieve something in the near future.

"Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over, and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

Roy Keane - Manchester United
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, Observer Monthly Magazine
Jeno

S'up Bitches??

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 05:28:09 am »

Oh and by the way!

If you're lookin to shift some of those Williams Jerseys that yiz have, i'll be lookin for 2 of 'em fairly soon!!

"Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, fuck him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He fucked me over, and my attitude is an eye for an eye."

Roy Keane - Manchester United
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle, Observer Monthly Magazine
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 07:26:07 am »

Oh and by the way!

If you're lookin to shift some of those Williams Jerseys that yiz have, i'll be lookin for 2 of 'em fairly soon!!

I have a white XL.  Will that fit you?
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 07:27:22 am »

OK, I'm ready to take my beating now.  I was one of the ones who kept on believing that Ricky quit in 2004 because he didn't want to play for Wanny.  This latest incident has definitely proven me wrong. 
Predatory_Fins
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 07:41:22 am »

its weird, but all I can do is laugh. I don't know why its so funny to me, I guess its just thinking about how truly cursed my beloved franchise is.  Well now all the ronnie brown jocklovers get their wish. We get to see if our "savior" can walk on water alone this coming season.  I honestly hope we finally get to see him as money well spent, and not benchwarmer material.  P.S. atleast ricky did no damage, besides taking away the best running back on the team, but he was making the league minimum.  For the record, I never said he was a changed man, I just had no beef with the dude, I got over my anger from a year ago, unlike a few on this board, and gave him another chance.  He couldn't keep his nose clean, but hey I'm sure he'll find a gig being a motivational speaker just like the ultimate warrior.

P.S. why hasn't this story broken on NFL.com or their network?! 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:19:46 am by Predatory_Fins » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray