Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:49:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The Packers need to release Brett Favre...now.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Packers need to release Brett Favre...now.  (Read 5692 times)
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: March 30, 2006, 07:35:12 pm »

This sherade (sp) has gone on for far too long now.

Brett Favre should be immediately released by the Packers.  I mean out right dropped.  He is single-handidly ruining and holding up the future of the franchise in total limbo, so that he can 'make a decision' about whether or not he wants to play next year.

The way this over-the-hill bum has been the last 3 years, he is VERY lucky that he's made it this far, and hasn't been either benched or traded.

The Packers need to look ahead.  They can't have their QB sitting around not knowing if he wants to play anymore.  They have a young QB, new head coach, and they need to get going immediately.

Also, how long does it take to make a decision or not?  I mean, how long do you really need to decide if you want to play football or not?  It's Yes, or No.  If you need this much time, you probably shouldn't play (And I don't think you should play, you interception-throwing piece of crap).

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 07:37:04 pm »

Well, regardless of which decision he makes, it's not going to affect their draft plans at all.  They already have a young QB waiting in the wings and don't need to pick up another one. 
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 07:39:30 pm »

Sure it does.

If he comes back, then he's the starter.  If he doesn't and retires, they need to get a back-up QB to back-up Aaron Rodgers.  Plus both QB's are different, so adjustments to the offense need to be made accordingly.

Personally, Favre hasn't done SQUAT but throw picks the last 3 years in the NFL.  I can't believe the Packers won't just call him and say "Sorry Brett, we need to move forward.  You're off the team".

So what if he's a future hall of famer?  What has he done lately?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 08:04:40 pm »

"charade"

gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 08:09:06 pm »

I agree with your sentiments jtex. I'm tired of the favre soap opera. The organization needs to proceed without him. He's holding the packers hostage.The packers have seemingly done everything their going to do in free agency.Javon walker wants nothing to do with the packers, and that's favre's main target. They just lost mike flanagan to the texans, so that makes 3 starters favre's lost off that offensive line in 2 years.

The term gunslinger is used to describe favre, that just another term for recklessness. Please FAVRE bow out gracefully, and spare the football public the drama.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 08:40:51 pm »

The Packers are giving him until Saturday to come up with an answer. I think Brett then said he will hold a press conference on Sunday to announce his decision.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:43:51 pm »

The Packers are giving him until Saturday to come up with an answer. I think Brett then said he will hold a press conference on Sunday to announce his decision.

If he's gonna hold a press conference, then you know he's gonna retire. 
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 07:22:23 am »

If he's gonna hold a press conference, then you know he's gonna retire. 
Not necessarilty. Bert is an attention whore and he needs as many people to hang on his every sentence as possible.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 10:03:30 am »

The word is that Brett will stay.  Analysts are saying that if he was going to retire, he'd have done it already.  ...that hanging around in limbo would only hurt the Packers if he wasn't planning on staying.

But, JTex is right.  What is this going to accomplish.  They need to start over.  They need to see if Rogers is the real deal.  Favre is only hurting the Pack by staying on that team, and it's going to be an embarrasing end to a good career if he doesn't go now.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 10:08:34 am »

How is this really going to hurt the Packers? How are they in limbo? The QB free agent backup market is still wide open. They really had no desire for Daunte or Drew so they haven't missed much. If you don't think the front office has not been developing a plan for a) if he stays and b) if he retires I would say you have little faith in their organization.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 10:36:42 am »

How is this really going to hurt the Packers?

They might have a plan for both scenerios, but they can't put the wheels in motion to execute that plan until they know where Favre stands.  And time hurts -- there are less options as time goes by.  They might want to get a QB in the draft, but if Favre hangs around, and doesn't make a decision by draft day, what do they do?  What if they need a backup, like Harrington, and he's shopping for teams right now.  Also, they've already missed the 2nd tier backup style QBs, like Ramsey.

I drink your milkshake!
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 10:38:33 am »

They might have a plan for both scenerios, but they can't put the wheels in motion to execute that plan until they know where Favre stands.  And time hurts -- there are less options as time goes by.  They might want to get a QB in the draft, but if Favre hangs around, and doesn't make a decision by draft day, what do they do?  What if they need a backup, like Harrington, and he's shopping for teams right now.  Also, they've already missed the 2nd tier backup style QBs, like Ramsey.

They've got Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings, so they don't need to go after a QB in the draft.  Favre hanging around might cause some bad publicity, but it definitely won't alter their draft plans.  They need defensive help. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 10:57:22 am »

They've got Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings, so they don't need to go after a QB in the draft.

They will need a backup QB if Favre leaves.  They could try to hit on one with a late round pick -- or they may want to trade a pick for a viable veteran elsewhere.

I drink your milkshake!
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 11:12:49 am »

How awesome would it be if Favre announced that he was coming back...and then he was made the 2nd string QB and Rodgers the starter??

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 11:43:42 am »

How awesome would it be if Favre announced that he was coming back...and then he was made the 2nd string QB and Rodgers the starter??

I'd like that.  It'd probably help Rodgers a lot.  ...Favre would never go for it, though.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray