Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:08:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Just tested positive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Just tested positive  (Read 6014 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2022, 07:04:18 pm »

Still have a little bit of cough that lingers around

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2022, 07:04:44 pm »

I have no fever, no chills, no muscle pain, no breathing issues at all
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 07:10:03 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2022, 07:04:57 pm »

I still feel anxiety

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2022, 07:21:36 pm »

I still feel anxiety

Wasn't that pre-existing before Covid?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2022, 07:42:15 pm »

Wasn't that pre-existing before Covid?

I meant anxiety about Covid.

I have always had anxiety.

I just fear I am going to wind up like that Chinese doctor Wenliang

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2022, 01:06:24 pm »

Do you guys think I have anything to worry about?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2022, 01:12:35 pm »

Anything can happen with the human body and illness.  Any medicine, any infection, any surgery -- they could have terrible effects that kill you -- it's incredibly unlikely, but it's possible.  But, this is about risk mitigation.

You are young, you've had the vaccine, you don't (to my knowledge) have co-morbidities.  So, take care of yourself, be intelligent about your care and your risks -- rest, take appropriate medicines to treat your symptoms, and take care of your mental health.  That's what you do and the odds are incredible that you will fully recover in a short time without incident.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 01:24:45 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2022, 01:21:04 pm »

I'd bet a lot of money you'll be fine
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2022, 02:19:09 pm »

I am vaccinated and boosted, but I am overweight.

I tested positive on Friday, June 17th.

I improved greatly over the next few days

All that's left is this annoying cough.  It hasn't seemed to affect my breathing much, if it all.

Is it possible to still have symptoms even if this virus has left your system?

What has made my anxiety worse is watching videos about the Herman Cain Award winners.

I have also gotten some new information, that I would like to confirm, but accurate sources on this virus are impossible to find.

Some have claimed that the use of masks has sharply reduced flu cases during flu season.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 02:47:44 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2022, 05:54:47 pm »

I now know 4 people who have contracted the Covid virus in the last 2-3 weeks, including my nephew.

It's kinda crazy out there right now...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2022, 08:33:30 pm »

Some have claimed that the use of masks has sharply reduced flu cases during flu season.
Not just masking, but social distancing and shutdowns also had a drastic effect on reducing flu cases.
As well they should!  Prior to 2020, the idea that staying away from other people as much as possible, and wearing a mask when you can't helps prevent the spread of contagious diseases would have been completely obvious & uncontroversial common sense.  It's only recently that you have a certain faction of people insisting that masks don't do anything and shutdowns don't work.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2022, 09:31:13 am »

Not just masking, but social distancing and shutdowns also had a drastic effect on reducing flu cases.
As well they should!  Prior to 2020, the idea that staying away from other people as much as possible, and wearing a mask when you can't helps prevent the spread of contagious diseases would have been completely obvious & uncontroversial common sense.  It's only recently that you have a certain faction of people insisting that masks don't do anything and shutdowns don't work.

Shutdowns don't work because it makes no sense to bring the economy to a grinding halt over a disease that has a 99.6% survival rate (myself included).   

This is something that we're going to have to learn to live with going forward, because natural progression means diseases like this thin out the herd.   Like Ivan Drago said in Rocky IV:   If he dies.... he dies.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2022, 12:52:10 pm »

Shutdowns don't work because it makes no sense to bring the economy to a grinding halt over a disease that has a 99.6% survival rate (myself included).   

This is something that we're going to have to learn to live with going forward, because natural progression means diseases like this thin out the herd.   Like Ivan Drago said in Rocky IV:   If he dies.... he dies.

Some issues I have with this

1) Lockdowns don't necessarily shut down the economy.  Many people can work from home.

2) Lockdowns have great effects on the environment.

3) Even if the survival rate is high, it has still killed over one million Americans.  It has also overwhelmed our hospitals and put our healthcare workers at risk.  (According to some reports)

4) Wearing a mask does NOT affect your ability to work.  It has had positive effects on healthcare beyond COVID (According to some reports)

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2022, 01:11:22 pm »

Even if we stipulate that number as accurate:
a highly contagious disease that kills 4 of every 1000 people it infects is going to bring your economy to a grinding halt whether you intentionally shutdown or not.  You don't get to opt-out of that outcome.

The question is not whether shutdowns will protect the economy.  The question is whether shutdowns will save lives.  And they do.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 01:13:09 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2022, 01:14:12 pm »

A highly contagious disease that kills 4 of every 1000 people it infects is going to bring your economy to a grinding halt whether you intentionally shutdown or not.  You don't get to opt-out of that outcome.

The question is not whether shutdowns will protect the economy.  The question is whether shutdowns will save lives.  And they do.

It's a balance.  If we banned everybody from driving their cars, that would also save lives, but that would be impractical.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray