Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:49:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  2008 Draft Disaster Nominees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2008 Draft Disaster Nominees  (Read 15157 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 18, 2008, 04:35:03 pm »

Take a stroll down memory lane with me.

I was at Brian Fein's house last year, watching the draft with several other board members, including Sunstroke.  Not being a college football guru myself, I defer to Stroke for draft-day knowledge.  Philly Fin Fan was checking in with some of the guys via phone every few picks.

Philly wanted Quinn.  Bad.

We were speculating team needs of the picks ahead of us, and like many Dolphin households across the nation, chatter picked up with each pick.  It was an outside shot, but Quinn might actually slip to the Fins.

And there it was -- Quinn available at our pick.

I won't quote these next words, because I'm not exactly sure how they came out, but it was something like: As long as they don't take Tedd Ginn.

Stroke died a little that day.

----

So, what's the player pick this year that will crush your dreams?

I drink your milkshake!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 04:37:08 pm »

If they pick Matt Ryan I will puke.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 04:41:55 pm »

McFadden.  It would be like buying more speakers and installing them in a car with no wheels, windows, seats or a floor.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 04:54:01 pm »

If they pick Matt Ryan I will puke.
I'll strangle the Toona.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 05:10:26 pm »

vernon gholston
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 05:19:17 pm »

I remember that conversation with Philly, and I remember burying my head in my hands when they anounced Ginn. God, that was painful.

It would be really hard to make me feel that bad this year...because there is no chance that the Irish Tuna will draft a kick returner/slot receiver at #1 overall. Of the candidates who ARE considered possibilities at #1, the only player Miami could draft that'd make me unhappy at all would be Matt Ryan.

McFadden.  It would be like buying more speakers and installing them in a car with no wheels, windows, seats or a floor.

edited to add... Guru, this is possibly the most accurate comparison I've read in a while, but realistically should have also included "engine" and "transmission" in the list of missing parts. Wink

« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:25:33 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 06:53:18 pm »

drafting anyone that has a good family, don't worry this will be the last joke about the family pick,

But in all seriousness anyone who i haven't seen in the top 5 picks of every mock draft i have looked at.
Kirbyjr

Ted Ginn Jr.....see above

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:57:22 pm »

I will also puke if the Fins pick Matt Ryan, hell I might even throw something through my new TV if it happens.
DolFan619
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 09:01:16 pm »

Matt Ryan or Darren McFadden. 
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 09:14:37 pm »

Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, or Gholston will piss me right off.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 09:20:30 pm »

You guys will hear me screaming "NOOOOOOO" all the way from StL if they draft anyone who does not have the last name of Long.  Grin

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 12:01:14 am »

You guys will hear me screaming "NOOOOOOO" all the way from StL if they draft anyone who does not have the last name of Long.  Grin

Same with me.  Seeing as the Central Florida TDMMC group has a few pyromaniacs and a history of arson, something's gonna get burnt down if the Dolphins don't draft someone named Long.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:46:37 am by Tommy » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 02:01:49 am »

The 2007 draft disaster for us was not us picking Quinn.

It was the Raiders trading Randy Moss to NE.  That marked our doom for this season even before Cameron started screwing around

You can't deny we did some good things with the draft last year.  Ginn showed flashes of brillance, especially as a punt returner.  Booker looked great as a change of pace back.  Satele was a solid center.

To me, the only stupid thing Mueller did was draft Brandon Fields with the pick we got our former punter Jones.  I mean, we probably could have just signed him as an undrafted free agent.  That kind of pick I thought would be better used on a quarterback or special teams coverage or blocker guy.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 02:48:13 am »

Oh what the hell...   I am so not with everyone here.  Lips Sealed   Well, more like 99%
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:38:50 am by Thundergod » Logged
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 01:04:28 pm »

Darren Mcfadden or Vernon Gholston

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray