Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:19:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Wayne's biggest problem as a owner
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Wayne's biggest problem as a owner  (Read 12352 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: April 30, 2008, 11:29:18 pm »

I wanted to start a discussion on what was Wayne's biggest problem as the owner as of now. Since this orgization really has gone down hill the past four years, and it seems like this year we really hit rock bottom.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:50:33 pm »

Wayne's biggest problem is that he never had football guys at the top of the hierarchy.  That has changed only this year, and he's on his way out.  Good riddance. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:45:12 am by Tommy » Logged
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:51:42 am »

He might be a hell of a businessman but he does not know shit about Football. I think he's loyal.......too loyal and in this business you can't be. That's why he stuck with Wannstedt for so many years . He finally hired a shark.  JJ fit the bill early on but he just ran out of Gas. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:32:06 am »

He just hasn't had the proper front office personnel. In the past he surrounded himself with incompetent people.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 05:53:51 pm »

I don't think Wayne is the problem...never have.

He's done the logical things more often than not.  Even extending Wanny's contract was smoke and mirrors.  It never panned out.  Wayne's done the right thing, most of the time, and things just haven't worked out for him.  He hired JJ, Wanny, Saban, Cameron, and Parcells. -- some look laughable in hindsight, but were good hires at the time.  He's tried everything -- hiring proven coaches, hiring from within, hiring the biggest name coordinator, etc.

The people have just been busts.  ...not his fault.

I drink your milkshake!
landlocked
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 03:48:33 pm »

I agree with Dave.Wayne is not an egomaniac like jerry jones,who wants to be in charge of everything,I think he has ried to find the right people,they just haven't worked for whatever reason.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 06:11:57 pm »

I don't think Wayne is a bad owner. 

Just because you can make a lot of money doesn't mean you know how to run a football team.

But from everything I have seen is he is a very loyal fan, who has tried his best to do everything he could to make the team good, but unfortunately for him he has not always succeeded.  His number one job his hiring top management.  GM maybe the coach or you let the GM hire the coach. 

But it isn't like there are a ton of people available.   And just because you were a coordinator on a winning team doesn't mean you can be a great head coach.  And NFL rules prohibit him from say calling Bill Belichick and saying, "hey whatever Bob's paying you I give you double."  Which you can do in almost any other business.

I think Wayne as made the correct move in bringing in someone who is proven at turning around teams and can give him sound advice -- tuna. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 06:52:09 pm »

Who is this guy?  Sir/Maam, its not nice to use other people's login and password. 
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 07:22:15 pm »

Who is this guy?  Sir/Maam, its not nice to use other people's login and password. 

I agree.  That does not sound like Hoodie. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 07:31:03 pm »

Hey on a few occasions I have made nice comments.  (Usually only on days when I didn't have to wade through 17 posts on spygate, and that is pretty rare) 

I made some very nice comments when Tuna was hired. Also when you guys won that game. 

And I have always contributed humor, some of it anti-dolphin some of it not.  Several folks have even complained that my posts have caused them to laugh so hard they spilled their drinks and were sending me the dry cleaning bill. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:08 pm »

Hey on a few occasions I have made nice comments.  (Usually only on days when I didn't have to wade through 17 posts on spygate, and that is pretty rare) 

If you're looking for Spygate posts, you need to look somewhere else.  In case you didn't notice, we lost all the Spygate as well as 18-1 posts in the site crash.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:49 pm »

We could start them up again.  Evil

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 09:43:05 am »

Also when you guys won that game. 

What game?

Oh... that game...

sigh...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 05:29:37 pm »

Wayne's biggest problem as an owner is that he doesn't focus his attention solely on what the fans want. He should do a town meeting every day for us, and solicit our opinions before making any major decisions for the franchise.

[/end rampant sarcasm]

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 06:06:31 pm »

^ LOL Stroke this is you

And I mean this with the best intentions...Brian is AWESOME!!!  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray